This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 156 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

And, addressing concerns they could have done more to finish the league season with a flourish against Aberdeen, Rodgers pointed to a string of late chances, saying: 'Joe Lewis made a great save at the end. As soon as we went 1-0 down, we went to three-diamond-three to try and get as many attackers on the pitch as we could. 'We knew we wouldn't concede so many opportunities from that moment. We did everything to actually try and win the game. So I think conspiracy in this case certainly wouldn't apply. 'In the game, we looked tired and sluggish, to be fair. It was our 60th competitive game today. 'I thought the team with the greater need to win the game, won the game. 'We didn't play so well, but over the bigger picture of the 38 games I thought we thoroughly deserved to win the title. 'It is always disappointing when you lose and that's the first time we have lost here in the league in the two seasons I've been here.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/scotland-football/article-5724939/Celtic-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-dismisses-idea-let-Aberdeen-win-stop-Rangers-getting-second.html

Edited by Scotty CTA

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Now, now. Don't rewrite history. Lustig initiated the whole confrontation. He went over to Logan and squared up to him. Logan shouldn't have pushed Lustig in the manner he did but it was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. 

As for the Tonev incident, logan made a report, tonev denied it. An independent panel believed Logan and judged it more likely than not that he was the one telling the truth. It's bizarre to me that many Celtic fans decided to boo Logan on the basis of this. 

He "slapped" him when everyone was "peacocking" then walked 50 yards away eyes glued to his feet not reacting to balls thrown at him like he was suddenly petrified.

Footballers in general are petulant wee weans.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Now, now. Don't rewrite history. Lustig initiated the whole confrontation. He went over to Logan and squared up to him. Logan shouldn't have pushed Lustig in the manner he did but it was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. 

As for the Tonev incident, logan made a report, tonev denied it. An independent panel believed Logan and judged it more likely than not that he was the one telling the truth. It's bizarre to me that many Celtic fans decided to boo Logan on the basis of this. 

They don't. They boo him because he's an absolute weapon.

It's bizarre that so many Aberdeen fans think Celtic fans boo Logan as he is the victim of racial.

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

It's bizarre that so many Aberdeen fans think Celtic fans boo Logan as he is the victim of racial.

Why wasn’t he booed when he signed then? Believe me, he spoke as much shite before the tonev incident as he does now, but never really had a reaction before. 

I cant really recall any other fans constantly giving him pelters. Doesn’t look like he’s bothered by it anyway. 

23 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Morgan might but from what I've seen and heard of Christie he's not going to be good enough. 

Christie has wasted 18 months of his career playing hoofball in the north east, his Celtic career is over.

10 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Why wasn’t he booed when he signed then? Believe me, he spoke as much shite before the tonev incident as he does now, but never really had a reaction before. 

I cant really recall any other fans constantly giving him pelters. Doesn’t look like he’s bothered by it anyway. 

Presumably because, coming from League One, nobody knew who he was when he signed.

You're right. He doesn't seem too fussed. Wee boo him and he plays up to it and acts like a roaster.

6 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Presumably because, coming from League One, nobody knew who he was when he signed.

You're right. He doesn't seem too fussed. Wee boo him and he plays up to it and acts like a roaster.

He was acting like a roaster at RP after he scored and he wasn't getting any grief!

He's an attention seeking prat

7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

For a no one, he certainly gets to you.

It seems like he knows how to wind up celtic fans and get the reaction he wants. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Dont worry, I’m sure the goon brigade will have a banner of a black man hanging next season, then it will all be good again. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

It seems like he knows how to wind up celtic fans and get the reaction he wants. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Dont worry, I’m sure the goon brigade will have a banner of a black man hanging next season, then it will all be good again. 

They are the 'Always Ultras' now. 🤙

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Sounds to me like you're doing a bit of victim blaming yourself, Logan hit out at Lustig and then ran away like a little shitebag, hence the red card. Some folks seem to think it was for gesturing at Celtic fans, I'm just putting them right.

As for the Tonev incident, I'm glad we agree that there was no actual evidence of racism. He gets booed because he's a prick btw, one look at his twitter yesterday will back that up.

42 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

and no other set of fans seem to have an issue with him 🤣

Will be some sore heed for Redz this morning, outed himself as a hun yesterday with the paedo chat, I'm not surprised tbf I just feel sorry for him.

Game was terrible yesterday, Celtic, as has been the case for most of the season were rubbish and standard for Aberdeen to beat us when it means f uck all. As for Logan, the Celtic fans that boo him for being racially abused are c unts, but he is a wee d ick, I hope he has a terrible summer.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Logan get's booed for same reason Lennon did - he's an absolute bellend on the football pitch and reacts to the booing.

do killie fans boo him? does any other support have a problem with him?

you forgot kris boyd by the way, dons fans boo him regularly but he gives it back in spades which is absolutely fine with us

35 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Aye, I'm absolutely certain they'll unveil a racist banner at the next game v Aberdeen, you walloper.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

this is absolutely glorious reading

one loss and logans antics has the tims getting their panties in a twist, it was one loss ffs and you see your own captain act like a bell end like logan on a regular basis.  Lighten up and enjoy your moment, you're on the verge of an historic treble..................hopefully not but you get what I mean.

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

We certainly will after that last game at Rugby Park, he was lucky not to spark a pitch invasion!

what did he do now?

Is it any worse than Boyd or Brown? I don't include lennon because he's in a league of his own for opposition fans hating him

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I never said he was booed for being "the victim of racial". I said they started booing him after (and only after) that incident. 

50 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Sounds to me like you're doing a bit of victim blaming yourself, Logan hit out at Lustig and then ran away like a little shitebag, hence the red card. Some folks seem to think it was for gesturing at Celtic fans, I'm just putting them right.

Nope. Lustig initiates a confrontation. Difficult to tell whether Logan pushes Lustig away (acceptable) or strikes him (not acceptable) from that grainy footage tbh. It seems bizarre to me that you're criticising Logan for both hitting out and also ending the confrontation by walking away. Surely he can't be criticised for both? :lol: 

50 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

As for the Tonev incident, I'm glad we agree that there was no actual evidence of racism. He gets booed because he's a prick btw, one look at his twitter yesterday will back that up.

1st person witness testimony is "evidence" by the way. Just like Tonev's version of events is also "evidence". Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean it isn't "evidence". 

As noted above, it's only since this incident that he has been booed. Be very strange for the two incidents not to be linked.