Further Claims Of A Fraudulent Count - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Further Claims Of A Fraudulent Count

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a turn of phrase expressing my confidence we were ahead. We were ahead amongst decides in my view at that point. We saw lots of evidence of undecideds turning to No in the last 10 days something we had not seen before.....

I think Yes made some mistakes of course - not persuading the middle class professionals of the enormous opportunity they would have had was one example

aye jump into the abyss with us, and trust us to come out the other side attitude has to be worked on for next time

aye jump into the abyss with us, and trust us to come out the other side attitude has to be worked on for next time

45% or 1.6 million didn't vote yes thinking it was a leap into the unknown. Fair enough, in hindsight more was needed to convince a majority but maybe we need to accept that a sizeable amount of people are happy with how things are.

45% or 1.6 million didn't vote yes thinking it was a leap into the unknown. Fair enough, in hindsight more was needed to convince a majority but maybe we need to accept that a sizeable amount of people are happy with how things are.

They were convinced that they needed to know more. They heard "TOO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS" 10 times a day for months. In reality there hasn't been an independence movement anywhere else in the world where so much detail was provided. Of course there was 'uncertainty' but there's uncertainty when you take a piss in the morning. Again, people (mostly the old) were proved to be gullible simple minded twats.

They were convinced that they needed to know more. They heard "TOO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS" 10 times a day for months. In reality there hasn't been an independence movement anywhere else in the world where so much detail was provided. Of course there was 'uncertainty' but there's uncertainty when you take a piss in the morning. Again, people (mostly the old) were proved to be gullible simple minded twats.

You were doing ever so well until those last 4 words.

My Dad (76) and thousands of others Mums and Dads of that age voted NO as well.

It made me sick to the pit of my stomach knowing that he did. Calling anyone a gullible simple minded twat (Even if we think it) ain't going to change their mind next time.

Not after an argument, just my thoughts that's all.....

I wonder how many no voters who voted because of their dislike for Alex Salmond are quietly pleased he is stopping councils chasing them for none payment of the Poll Tax? No voters should have to stump up and also pay for their medication and uni fees.

I wonder how many no voters who voted because of their dislike for Alex Salmond are quietly pleased he is stopping councils chasing them for none payment of the Poll Tax? No voters should have to stump up and also pay for their medication and uni fees.

I'm sure they're feckin delighted - Hell, they may even vote YES next time.

Imagine that...... :)

When I was out campaigning, i spoke to a girl who was voting No because she had been told by a No activist (a rare creature) that the NHS was to be abolished after independence and that she would have to pay privately for health care. Many people believed these downright lies, and they were never highlighted by the mainstream media. In fact Gordon Brown stated on TV a couple of days before the vote that pensioners would lose their state pension, a lie that had already been torn to shreds by the Department of Work and Pensions - yet none of the interviewers even tried to pick him up on that. It's not tw*ts who were connec by these lies; it's normal people who didn't delve any deeper than the mainstream media. In that respect, our democracy is corrupt.

In my opinion there is a very big difference between being "gullible" and "simple minded". Even very intelligent folk can be duped by just an average con man. Some folk (in fact, possibly most folk) just believe what they are told. You don't need to be "simple minded" to be taken in by a constant barrage of lies.

My old man was talking to another couple of older gentlemen in the bookies on Saturday. They were moaning about the cost of trident,my old man pointed out that if the vote had went the other way a few weeks ago it wouldn't have been a problem. Then they both told him they had voted no. This was because their MSP ,Joanne Lamont,had told them they would lose their winter fuel allowance and their pension couldn't be guaranteed.

Its a mindset for a lot of folk,no matter their age . They believe certain politicians,they believe the BBC,they believe what they read in the daily record. Social media has started to eat away at that but there is still a long way to go.

My old man was talking to another couple of older gentlemen in the bookies on Saturday. They were moaning about the cost of trident,my old man pointed out that if the vote had went the other way a few weeks ago it wouldn't have been a problem. Then they both told him they had voted no. This was because their MSP ,Joanne Lamont,had told them they would lose their winter fuel allowance and their pension couldn't be guaranteed.

Its a mindset for a lot of folk,no matter their age . They believe certain politicians,they believe the BBC,they believe what they read in the daily record. Social media has started to eat away at that but there is still a long way to go.

Problem is, that even though they don't win seats, the tories have a base of about 10-15% of the electorate, so the yessers were giving the nos a start. If you factor that out, the remainder probably have stuck to pretty much the SNP/Labour split leaving No with a narrow win.

It is possible that after 2 years most folk voted the way they would in an election and weren't really swayed at all. Tell an old labour voter what he wants to believe about an SNP government and they will believe it. Tell a SNP/indo voter who believes everything will be ok, that a yes vote is a disaster and they wont believe any logic against it will be ok.

If you factor that out, the remainder probably have stuck to pretty much the SNP/Labour split leaving No with a narrow win.

Interestingly, the SNP percentage of the vote at the last Scottish Parliament election was virtually identical to the Yes percentage at the referendum: 44.04% for SNP in the parliamentary election and 44.7% for Yes in the referendum.

Interestingly, the SNP percentage of the vote at the last Scottish Parliament election was virtually identical to the Yes percentage at the referendum: 44.04% for SNP in the parliamentary election and 44.7% for Yes in the referendum.

Seems bizarre when you factor in the people who voted Green, SSP etc plus all the 16/17 year olds voting for the first time.

Although I suppose people may have been voting for the most appealing candidate (to them) without necessarily believing in independence.

Edited by EvilScotsman

If there is one thing we need, it is lessons in school about how propaganda works and how to recognise it.

If broadcasting will never be devolved we need to ensure our coming generations have an immunity to it.

But we were promised devomax, and that includes broadcasting. You're surely not suggesting that the unionists will go back on their solemn binding lies?