Further Claims Of A Fraudulent Count - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Further Claims Of A Fraudulent Count

Naomi Wolf compiles ballot paper complaints

Sunday 28 September 2014

AMERICAN writer and political activist Naomi Wolf has received "hundreds" of reports of Scottish referendum ballot papers being issued without identifying numbers.

125653792.jpg

The author of bestseller The Beauty Myth is now compiling a list of testimonies from those who believe the back of their ballot paper was missing an official identifying number.

A internet petition has also been set up which states "We Demand A Full Scale Investigation Into The Blank Backed Ballots Given To Many Voters In The Scottish Referendum On 18th September 2014."

Last night a spokesman for the Electoral Commission said they had received complaints about the 'blank' ballot papers but could not confirm how many.

The result of the referendum can be challenged by a judicial review, providing it is brought within six weeks of the announcement of the result of the vote.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/naomi-wolf-compiles-ballot-paper-complaints.25448321

I presume this is all easy to investigate? just get hold of a sample of the ballot boxes (assume they will still be in storage?) and have a look at the papers. if there are enough papers in there without identifiers/ bar codes then thats that, games a bogey. if there isnt then it is bollox. correct?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finding out if we were cheated is not blaming anyone, it is just the right thing to do.

Wallowing however is pointless.

I agree. Solid evidence is needed. We've had enough finger-pointing to last a lifetime though.

Theories on why the First Minister hasn't had anything to say on the matter...?

Yet they all seemed to know with certainty at 10.01pm.

yougov did their own. they called up voters on the day, who they had previously polled, after they had voted and compared the results to what they had said previously. the result was that in fact many previous yes voters had voted no on the day - thus the head of yougov came on telly saying he was 99% sure it would be a no result. that was good enough for most people.

I am sure there was other unoffical exit polling done - hence the bookies odds that we saw.

This page lists public opinion polls that have been conducted in relation to the Scottish independence referendum, 2014, that was held on 18 September 2014. Overall, polls showed that support for a "No" vote was dominant until the end of August 2014, but then support for a "Yes" vote gained momentum and the gap closed significantly, with at least one poll even placing them ahead. In the final week of the campaign, polls showed the "No" vote to be consistently but somewhat narrowly ahead. There were no exit polls[1][2] although a YouGov post-election poll was published shortly after the polls closed.[3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_Scottish_independence_referendum,_2014

I remember at about half 9 on the 18th I posted a link on here to an Italian newspaper that was reporting an exit poll of 55% yes in edinburgh. They weren't embargoed in Italy so were free to report it. Don't know where they were getting that info from but I think exit polls were actually being done by someone. I was quite surprised when I switched on sky news at 10 to hear that there were "no exit polls".

Given that Margo(?) amongst others publicly raised the intelligence services intervening risk I am surprised if the SNP did not have extensive private polling in place throughout to verify the result.

If they did not then they are asleep at the wheel.

They will have done. And not only that, well in advance of the day. There's not a major political party in the country which is not engaged in continuous polling of some sort, and poring over the results.

My guess is that the SNP were fairly sure of the outcome before the 18th. Their public face and official soundbites notwithstanding, any other serious perspective would have been delusional. Salmond is/was ambitious, but he isn't an idiot.

They will have done. And not only that, well in advance of the day. There's not a major political party in the country which is not engaged in continuous polling of some sort, and poring over the results.

My guess is that the SNP were fairly sure of the outcome before the 18th. Their public face and official soundbites notwithstanding, any other serious perspective would have been delusional. Salmond is/was ambitious, but he isn't an idiot.

Aye. My mum told me my uncle (SNP activist) phoned my other uncle (No campaigner) a couple of days before the vote to concede defeat. Had it on good authority from party insiders that the cause was lost...