The Brexit Thread - Page 36 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

Essential that the SNP do not vote for the brexit proposal.  It is a bad deal, and the fact that turning it down might lead to a no deal brexit is irrelevant.  There are other potions, the sensible one of which is to cancel brexit altogether.  Ironically that could impede indy, but accepting a clearly bad deal is just plain daft.

That was meant to be "options", but "potions" works almost as well...

Ross Thomson: 

"The political declaration commits UK to "establish a new fisheries agreement on, inter allia, access to waters and quota shares". This means sovereignty over our waters sacrificed for a trade deal. That is unacceptable. We must be a normal Independent coastal state like Norway."

DsmwPodWkAAmTcA.jpg

Edited by exile

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

Looks like the fisherman have been screwed over. Absolutely fantastic in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Agreed 

Bertie Armstrong lying his tits off to save face though  

Those insular, narrow mined Tory voting fishermen can all sook my hairy boaby.

I hope they get screwed. 

6 hours ago, Bino's said:

The position is so entrenched against anything sturgeon, against anything SNP

They have forgotten who they represent, both politicians and broadcasters

To be honest Sturgeon has hardened manys stance against the snp, especially the pro brexit mob,  that why i have said all along that she should be less visable on the subject, its tough i know however its votes that count and somtimes to get what you want you have to do things you dont want 

10 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Those insular, narrow mined Tory voting fishermen can all sook my hairy boaby.

I hope they get screwed. 

you're showing a huge level of ignorance here, not all fishermen are tory voters and I'm not sure why you are taking satisfaction in scottish industry getting fucked again by London. If anything this will help with the independence movement as it may make that industry wake up and realise the only way it can properly flourish is for Scotland to become an independent nation

The Tory MPs only care about a small subset of fishermen, namely their pals who are all Bertie Armstrong's Tory chums.  The whole fishing issue is fairly trivial but has been blown up out of all proportion to distracr from other more important matters. BBC Scotland has assisted in this process, quite deliberately.  Their political coverage has become far worse, with the bias (whether institutional or individual, who knows?) becoming far more blatant.

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

you're showing a huge level of ignorance here, not all fishermen are tory voters and I'm not sure why you are taking satisfaction in scottish industry getting fucked again by London. If anything this will help with the independence movement as it may make that industry wake up and realise the only way it can properly flourish is for Scotland to become an independent nation

Indeed. 

Tribunal nature of politics, laughing at a group of people getting fucked because they voted a different way to you. 

Just wait until Scotland votes yes and people are calling for “a people’s vote” to overturn it. 

58 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Indeed. 

Tribunal nature of politics, laughing at a group of people getting fucked because they voted a different way to you. 

Just wait until Scotland votes yes and people are calling for “a people’s vote” to overturn it. 

Clearly you are both ignorant of what's gone on during the brexit vote and since

They have allowed themselves to be used by the Tories and the Unionist media as a representation of Scotland 

And there is no satisfaction - only anger   

23 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Clearly you are both ignorant of what's gone on during the brexit vote and since

They have allowed themselves to be used by the Tories and the Unionist media as a representation of Scotland 

Ignorant? away and fuck min.

I come from a fishing town and I have family in the industry. You are talking pish which is a common theme from you

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ignorant? away and fuck min.

I come from a fishing town and I have family in the industry. You are talking pish which is a common theme from you

It was sarcasm ya rocket as obviously every cunt knows what's been going on 

It's more than just "people voting differently" 

But i'm sure you know that Einstein

Edited by Ally Bongo

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It was sarcasm ya rocket as obviously every cunt knows what's been going on 

It's more than just "people voting differently" 

But i'm sure you know that 

here's a tip, sarcasm does't come through on posts

59 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

No satisfaction? Maybe not on your part but I’ve seen it in plenty of others. 

I enjoyed seeing the fishermen get screwed, I will admit it.

I don’t care if they are tories or not, they are self interested wankers who are more interested in lining their pockets through greed and ignorance. They actually thought that they would be looked after, and get exactly what they wanted, it was obvious from day one that it would never happen. 

The poor wee lemmings still jump off the cliff thinking that their special relationship will save them. 

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I enjoyed seeing the fishermen get screwed, I will admit it.

I don’t care if they are tories or not, they are self interested wankers who are more interested in lining their pockets through greed and ignorance. They actually thought that they would be looked after, and get exactly what they wanted, it was obvious from day one that it would never happen. 

The poor wee lemmings still jump off the cliff thinking that their special relationship will save them. 

Also, I suppose, another way to look at it is who signed them into the EU deal they so detest? Westminster.

The thing I've never understood about the fishermen is that I would have thought overall, being in the EU as part of Scotland rather than the UK would likely be more beneficial to them than any arrangement.   They'd have all the access to markets for their produce and as far as Scotland would be concerned, fishing is more important to the Scottish economy than the UK economy so you would expect that they would be represented by people who would be more likely to look after their interests.     There's nearly 50 years of history of the UK government not looking out for the interests of the fishing industry, I'm surprised people are so shocked now.