Team for Slovenia - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team for Slovenia

er yir macaroon

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

What, like Forrest

But, but, but, there's a difference, as long as it's suits his argument

See. So is Forrest. 17 caps, no MOM awards, no goals

Exactly

My disagreement with you is that you somehow think it is a travesty that Burke wasn't involved V Slovenia - a match we won. Go back and look at Burke's performances so far and make a case why he should have played and how he could have changed the result? Oh wait - the result was fine. Leave Forrest likings out of it as I don't rate him either and I don't choose the sides.

I still hope Burke will make it big for us but that is up to him. He'll continue to get his chances but he has to take them. That is MY take on it.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

For the life of me i don't know why we can't just enjoy a rare moment in the sun instead of slagging off our players and slaughtering the manager again.

There'll be plenty time for that if and when the gigs up ?

11 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

My disagreement with you is that you somehow think it is a travesty that Burke wasn't involved V Slovenia - a match we won. Go back and look at Burke's performances so far and make a case why he should have played and how he could have changed the result? Oh wait - the result was fine. Leave Forrest likings out of it as I don't rate him either and I don't choose the sides.

I still hope Burke will make it big for us but that is up to him. He'll continue to get his chances but he has to take them. That is MY take on it.

You just do it get it do. Jesus, this must be what it's like working in a nursery.

13 minutes ago, slasher said:

For the life of me i don't know why we can't just enjoy a rare moment in the sun instead of slagging off our players and slaughtering the manager again.

There'll be plenty time for that if and when the gigs up ?

That's the thing about international football, the gaps between games either leave you feeling shite or good about the national team's next game for a few weeks or months depending on the last result.

Thankfully this time it is the latter. Wasn't looking forward to Wembley at all after Lithuania and Slovakia, then was dreading Slovenia after Wembley.

Shows the difference a single goal can make. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

:lol: You slagging off Burke is why this whole argument is happening!! 

Nope. I've said its not time for him just now. I have said hopefully he'll turn out to be a star for us but at the moment that isn't the case. If being truthful now becomes slagging somebody off then nobody should offer opinions then.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The time to get aerated is if Strachan stops giving him chances. That hasn't happened at present and he hasn't done anything (yet) to merit being involved in such a crunch game.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I don't see what the difference is. He started the match against hardly glittering opposition and still failed to make an impact. That is the hard facts. That coupled with the fact that he is not a first team regular and still green is why he never featured against Slovenia. 

Not sure how many times it has to be said: the problem wasn't that Burke never got any game time vs Slovenia, it's that he was removed from the squad altogether. Absolutely no need to do that. Leave him on the bench for 90 mins and I have no problem with that.

Just now, Rude Gullit said:

Not sure how many times it has to be said: the problem wasn't that Burke never got any game time vs Slovenia, it's that he was removed from the squad altogether. Absolutely no need to do that. Leave him on the bench for 90 mins and I have no problem with that.

And do we know the reason for it? No. Nobody here does. The general concensus among the majority here will be its Strachan being a w@nker and mistreating Burke. We don't know whether he had a knock and was withdrawn because of that. And if Burke feels hard done byanything we'd surely have got to know about it. Too many here are forming an opinion without knowing any of the facts.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And do we know the reason for it? No. Nobody here does. The general concensus among the majority here will be its Strachan being a w@nker and mistreating Burke. We don't know whether he had a knock and was withdrawn because of that. And if Burke feels hard done byanything we'd surely have got to know about it. Too many here are forming an opinion without knowing any of the facts.

Due to Strachans history of doing this its hardly surprising that is what people assume.

This seems as good a place as any to mention that James Forrest was all but anonymous again!

I can see why he's included as by all accounts his club form has been decent, although he was in the squad when it was poor. How long do we persist with a guy who is completely anonymous in a Scotland shirt.

Not neccesarily to say Burke is the answer, possibly Naismith? Anyone else really.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

This seems as good a place as any to mention that James Forrest was all but anonymous again!

I can see why he's included as by all accounts his club form has been decent, although he was in the squad when it was poor. How long do we persist with a guy who is completely anonymous in a Scotland shirt.

Not neccesarily to say Burke is the answer, possibly Naismith? Anyone else really.

It really is all about opinions though. I am not a Forrest fan but if you look at Billy Dodds ratings of the players the other day then Forrest didn't rank any lower than Morrison, Griffiths and Snodgrass.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

but if you look at Billy Dodds ratings of the players the other day then Forrest didn't rank any lower than Morrison, Griffiths and Snodgrass.

Jesus. Fecking. Christ. :lol: 

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Not sure Naismith would be the right replacement. What about Ryan Fraser? Seems to be doing well down at Bournemouth and is a proper winger.

33 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It really is all about opinions though. I am not a Forrest fan but if you look at Billy Dodds ratings of the players the other day then Forrest didn't rank any lower than Morrison, Griffiths and Snodgrass.

But all of them have at least had a good game for Scotland at some point, including Billy Dodds.

:lol:

Admittedly we persisted far longer than we should to get a good performance out of Morrison.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

But all of them have at least had a good game for Scotland at some point, including Billy Dodds.

Admittedly we persisted far longer than we should to get a good performance out of Morrison.

Look we all have our own ideas of our ideal/strongest team. We all offer opinions and think we know what should lead to call-ups/getting games etc. Managers are no different. They stick with players too long or not long enough and will die by those decisions. The only difference is fans opinions are not pivotal on the end result but the manager's opinion/decisions are.

Just take a look at the V England thread and there are differing ideas of starting line-ups between fans. Mulgrew seems to be in everyone's line-up but boy was he lambasted after the Canada game. Martin (on here) got flack early doors in the Slovenia match but is in most people's starting line-up V England. A decent half or game here or there changes fans minds very quickly.

17 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Just take a look at the V England thread and there are differing ideas of starting line-ups between fans. Mulgrew seems to be in everyone's line-up but boy was he lambasted after the Canada game. Martin (on here) got flack early doors in the Slovenia match but is in most people's starting line-up V England. A decent half or game here or there changes fans minds very quickly.

I think that's more indicative of the dearth of decent centre halves than anything.

We are a fickle bunch though!

Edited by sbcmfc

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It isn't just centre-backs open to debate though. There are differing opinions on the full-backs,wingers and central midfield. Even the striker's role is debated.

Surely nobody has picked Forrest though?

21 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And nobody has picked Burke either so evidently the fans don't think him worthy of a place in the side at the moment either.

nobody is saying start him

anyone with sense is saying don't leave him out the squad altogether and be the only player not stripped