Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Debian

Pedro Caixinha - Hired

Recommended Posts

 

Pedro Caixinha commented: “It is a great honour to join Rangers Football Club. This Club has a great history and tradition and I am proud to follow in the footsteps of legendary Rangers managers like Walter Smith, Graeme Souness and Jock Wallace.

“Rangers is a name that is known worldwide and I am looking forward to forging a positive relationship with supporters and meeting the playing squad and staff at the Club. I know there is a lot of hard work ahead and I assure all our fans that I will do all I can to provide a winning and entertaining Rangers team.”

Details of Pedro’s backroom team will be confirmed in due course.

Edited by Debian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Born into a massive Rangers supporting family. Welcome home brother. Managers like this need time and like to build a team. Doubt he will be given that luxury.

Edited by EddardStark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Is he in the dugout today? 

Reported that he won't be. 

Said he won't be getting to meet the players until tomorrow morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Is he in the dugout today? 

Murty taking the team for the last time today.  Shrewd move not to have the new Manager's first game a pumping by Celtic!

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Reported that he won't be. 

Said he won't be getting to meet the players until tomorrow morning. 

Conflicting reports on that.  Read yesterday that the team were called in to Auchenhowie to meet him on their day off.

Edited by Fairbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Murty taking the team for the last time today.  Shrewd move not to have the new Manager's first game a pumping by Celtic!

Conflicting reports on that.  Read yesterday that the team were called in to Auchenhowie to meet him on their day off.

That's a way to ingratiate yourself, cancel their day off :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Read yesterday that the team were called in to Auchenhowie to meet him on their day off.

If that's true, I trust one of the first matters Pedro will attend to is cancelling days off immediately prior to an important fixture.

Anyway, what a good looking man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

If that's true, I trust one of the first matters Pedro will attend to is cancelling days off immediately prior to an important fixture.

Anyway, what a good looking man.

Cheers mate. :ok:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

If that's true, I trust one of the first matters Pedro will attend to is cancelling days off immediately prior to an important fixture.

Anyway, what a good looking man.

That's Mr Caixinha to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was discussing the new boss with a Rangers fan earlier.

We had a look at his CV on Wikipedia, and it's far from impressive at a glance.

Ive been busy this week, so what's the tabloid spin? Presume he's not being punted as the Portuguese Ian Barraclough?

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading Crazy Pedro's latest. Apparently a young kid who's had about 40 minutes of senior football is destined to be one of the greatest ever centre halfs.

Seriously, how much longer before the Huns swallow the cost and dump this clown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, slasher said:

Just reading Crazy Pedro's latest. Apparently a young kid who's had about 40 minutes of senior football is destined to be one of the greatest ever centre halfs.

Seriously, how much longer before the Huns swallow the cost and dump this clown?

Ross McCrorie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Ross McCrorie?

Yeah that's the lad. Regardless of how good he is that statement places unfair expectations on a young kid. It's up there with his unprofessional remarks about O'Halloran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BlueGaz
Just now, slasher said:

Yeah that's the lad. Regardless of how good he is that statement places unfair expectations on a young kid. It's up there with his unprofessional remarks about O'Halloran.

:lol: Just read it.

Obviously he isn't  going to one of the best CB ever, but I have seen quite a lot of him from watching the youngsters.  He is very good, he will have an excellent professional career ahead of him, no doubt about that.  He had his debut last night and was solid when he came on, good passer, likes a big tackle, pretty good in the air.  Not sure what level he will end up at though, difficult to say.  Would hope he would make the Scotland squad in a few years time.  Think he is 19 at the mo.  

Will be very surprised if Pedro is still here at the end of the season - at the moment we are just not good enough to compete and if that doesn't change soon, and I don't think it will, he will be gone.  When I say compete, I mean for 2nd.  

Not really bothered about his numpty statements, its what he does in matchday that bothers me, and at the moment its shite.  But, the dogs bark and the caravan keeps going ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

:lol: Just read it.

Obviously he isn't  going to one of the best CB ever, but I have seen quite a lot of him from watching the youngsters.  He is very good, he will have an excellent professional career ahead of him, no doubt about that.  He had his debut last night and was solid when he came on, good passer, likes a big tackle, pretty good in the air.  Not sure what level he will end up at though, difficult to say.  Would hope he would make the Scotland squad in a few years time.  Think he is 19 at the mo.  

Will be very surprised if Pedro is still here at the end of the season - at the moment we are just not good enough to compete and if that doesn't change soon, and I don't think it will, he will be gone.  When I say compete, I mean for 2nd.  

Not really bothered about his numpty statements, its what he does in matchday that bothers me, and at the moment its shite.  But, the dogs bark and the caravan keeps going ;)

I thought McCrorie did well against a big physical centre forward last night though I wouldn't extrapolate anything from that though I do have concerns about Saturday as for most of the game we were, in my opinion, awful (thankfully I'll be on the golf course when the Celtic game is on).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I thought McCrorie did well against a big physical centre forward last night though I wouldn't extrapolate anything from that though I do have concerns about Saturday as for most of the game we were, in my opinion, awful (thankfully I'll be on the golf course when the Celtic game is on).

 

More chance of the earth being flat than us getting a point or 3 on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×