Midweek fitba - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

I know. And now large numbers of the "normal" fans seem to believe this sh*t too!

Absolute b0ll0cks and you know that.

This particular 'joke' is wearing thin. Anybody who genuinely believes that Rangers fans are still taken by Dave King's charms simply aren't listening, or are choosing to believe it for 'a laugh'.

You indulge in enjoyable, reasoned debate most of the time so I trust you acknowledge that the majority of those RFC fans who's opinions you have sought are cynical? Parklife is an intentional wind-up merchant seeking a hook but I hope you, at least, can set that aside and examine the facts.

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If you think the actual fans (not the empty vessels that phone radio shows) aren't aware of King's actions or aren't asking about them because Rangers have the huff with a reporter then you are as naive as the roasters who phone Clyde 1.

I don't listen to any radio phone ins, thanks. 

27 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Absolute b0ll0cks and you know that.

This particular 'joke' is wearing thin. Anybody who genuinely believes that Rangers fans are still taken by Dave King's charms simply aren't listening, or are choosing to believe it for 'a laugh'.

You indulge in enjoyable, reasoned debate most of the time so I trust you acknowledge that the majority of those RFC fans who's opinions you have sought are cynical? Parklife is an intentional wind-up merchant seeking a hook but I hope you, at least, can set that aside and examine the facts.

Tbh Wolfy I was really referring to the idea that the press and journos are all against the club which to me, when I look at the msm just seems laughable. Its said above that McLaughlin was having a go at rangers instead of doing his job I think by RB. This is what I think a lot of normal fans believe which I am totally bemused at. If he highlighted sectarian singing is that not a good thing? And is that not part of his job?

Re Dave king  I don't think you all believe his sh*t anymore and quite rightly. And I have done my bit to raise awareness a couple of times! :ok:

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Tbh Wolfy I was really referring to the idea that the press and journos are all against the club which to me, when I look at the msm just seems laughable. Its said above that McLaughlin was having a go at rangers instead of doing his job I think by RB. This is what I think a lot of normal fans believe which I am totally bemused at. If he highlighted sectarian singing is that not a good thing? And is that not part of his job?

Re Dave king  I don't think you all believe his sh*t anymore and quite rightly. And I have done my bit to raise awareness a couple of times! :ok:

It's all well and good folk saying we shouldn't trust Dave King,  sadly he's the only show in town. 

We just have to keep as much of an eye on him as possible and hope he doesn't do anything too bloody stupid. 

4 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Anybody who genuinely believes that Rangers fans are still taken by Dave King's charms simply aren't listening, or are choosing to believe it for 'a laugh'.

How many bought seasons books believing the 'Going For 55' (points behind Celtic) stuff?

29 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

No not 'all' fans of The Rangers, just the average fan of The Rangers.

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you" Matthew 7:1-2

"A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will not escape." Proverbs 19:5

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

How many bought seasons books believing the 'Going For 55' (points behind Celtic) stuff?

Couldn't give you an exact number but I'd bet it was a pretty small proportion of the 40 odd thousand that were sold.  I've yet to speak to a Rangers fan who genuinely thought there was a possibility of us winning the league this season.  Pretty much everyone thought we'd be closer to Celtic than we are at this stage but I'd imagine most Aberdeen and possibly Hearts fans would have thought the same.

Guest BlueGaz
26 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Couldn't give you an exact number but I'd bet it was a pretty small proportion of the 40 odd thousand that were sold.  I've yet to speak to a Rangers fan who genuinely thought there was a possibility of us winning the league this season.  Pretty much everyone thought we'd be closer to Celtic than we are at this stage but I'd imagine most Aberdeen and possibly Hearts fans would have thought the same.

Totally agree.  I see fans of other clubs going on about it all the time, but although I don't doubt there are some who felt we could win the league, I am not aware of any.  Most in my wee circles are pleasantly surprised we are challenging Aberdeen for 2nd.  I certainly am.

13 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Parklife is an intentional wind-up merchant seeking a hook but I hope you, at least, can set that aside and examine the facts.

No one examines the facts more than me, Wolfy, old boy. Hence my deep scepticism about Mr King since the outset. However, i encourage you to put me on ignore, if you don't like the content of my posts. 

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Totally agree.  I see fans of other clubs going on about it all the time, but although I don't doubt there are some who felt we could win the league, I am not aware of any.  Most in my wee circles are pleasantly surprised we are challenging Aberdeen for 2nd.  I certainly am.

I work with a few rangers fans, our head office is in Glasgow. None of them are happy to be challenging Aberdeen. They realise Warburton has spent badly, with the budget available Rangers shouldn't be struggling the way they have been.

12 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I work with a few rangers fans, our head office is in Glasgow. None of them are happy to be challenging Aberdeen. They realise Warburton has spent badly, with the budget available Rangers shouldn't be struggling the way they have been.

I'll admit that with the money we have spent I'd have expected us to be closer to Celtic and further away from Aberdeen.  If that money had been invested wisely that should have been the case.  It's quite clear to see that 's not been invested wisely though!

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I agree with the budget, although unlike you and many others, its not all about budget and there are 100s of examples of this being the case.  Having said that, yes, he has squandered it.  First year up, challenging Aberdeen is a decent start IMO.  Regardless of what your colleagues in Glasgow, at your head office think.

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'll admit that with the money we have spent I'd have expected us to be closer to Celtic and further away from Aberdeen.  If that money had been invested wisely that should have been the case.  It's quite clear to see that 's not been invested wisely though!

The budget argument is just Aberdonians way of justifying how shit they are.  Of course we should be better with a bit more money, but often thats not the case.  It gives them an argument and as per, allows them to believe they are better than they actually are.  Nothing new here.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

I agree with the budget, although unlike you and many others, its not all about budget and there are 100s of examples of this being the case.  Having said that, yes, he has squandered it.  First year up, challenging Aberdeen is a decent start IMO.  Regardless of what your colleagues in Glasgow, at your head office think.

Its not just those colleagues, huns I know from back home and outside work feel the same way. They want Warburton out because this season so far is not good enough, this goes against what you say about being pleasantly surprised to be challenging Aberdeen. 

I didn't say it was all about budget, you assumed I think this. There are other factors but having 3/4/5 times the spending power gives you and advantage over your rivals, an advantage which rangers have managed to piss up against the wall.

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

The budget argument is just Aberdonians way of justifying how shit they are.  Of course we should be better with a bit more money, but often thats not the case.  It gives them an argument and as per, allows them to believe they are better than they actually are.  Nothing new here.

Challenging for cups and getting 3rd place is exactly where Aberdeen should be considering we have more money than 9 of the teams in the league. On one hand you put down the budget argument and the very next you agree you should be better, which is it?

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Its not just those colleagues, huns I know from back home and outside work feel the same way. They want Warburton out because this season so far is not good enough, this goes against what you say about being pleasantly surprised to be challenging Aberdeen. 

I didn't say it was all about budget, you assumed I think this. There are other factors but having 3/4/5 times the spending power gives you and advantage over your rivals, an advantage which rangers have managed to piss up against the wall.

Roger :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Challenging for cups and getting 3rd place is exactly where Aberdeen should be considering we have more money than 9 of the teams in the league. On one hand you put down the budget argument and the very next you agree you should be better, which is it?

I rarely put everything down to budget, which you obviously do.  In my eyes there are more factors to it than just money.  Rightly or wrongly, I don't see it as black and white as you do.  

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

I rarely put everything down to budget, which you obviously do.  In my eyes there are more factors to it than just money.  Rightly or wrongly, I don't see it as black and white as you do.  

I've just told you I don't put it all down to budget but it does give you a massive advantage. If you see things in a different way to other, elaborate and tell us how you see it?

Instead of these soundbites tell us exactly how you see it.