Eu Membership Referendum - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Eu Membership Referendum

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

You've been indulging in a little bit of project fear yourself...

You seem desperate to reassure yourself that you're not on the side of 'Project Fear' and the Conservatives on this issue.

We shouldn't forget that "Project Fear" worked, and they won the referendum.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Labour Leave' campaign could have picked a better name. 

Saw a guy interviewed with a big sign behind him saying Labour leave. I think most people in Scotland have done that already. 

When you read certain things your brain automatically puts them in the order that makes most sense. I read it as Leave Labour at first until looking at it again.

9 hours ago, stocky said:

aye, i like that map. Empires come and Go, but the wee states are still here, consumed my others sometimes, independent at times disappeared at times,, borders moved here and there but they still exist...

It proves that big empires or artificially made states are not the answer... 

lets just have one Europe lots of states... 

On 19/02/2016 at 8:22 PM, Mee said:

The current negotiations will have Farage licking his lips. Cameron can't get anything through including paying benefits on a varying ratio based on the location of the children which seems common sense to me if you are going to pay benefits for children that don't live in the country.

Highlighting this could well backfire on Cameron.  I suspect a lot of people weren't aware that the UK has been paying out benefits for children who don't actually live here and will be furious.

18 hours ago, stocky said:

aye, i like that map. Empires come and Go, but the wee states are still here, consumed my others sometimes, independent at times disappeared at times,, borders moved here and there but they still exist...

It proves that big empires or artificially made states are not the answer...

lets just have one Europe lots of states...

Depends on the definition of the states I suppose.

Independent Scotland fair enough, independent Cornwall or Brittany? Not sure there...

One of the good things about this campaign is that the lead characters on both sides are such a despicable bunch of charlatans that anyone who votes on personality won't know what to do. Might end up with more people looking at the actual substance.

I can dream

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Hmm with Gove in charge of a Brexit campaign I am thinking of changing my vote to staying in. That hideous chinless could alienate anyone.

Wait until you see the shite that Alan Johnson is putting out from his "Labour In" group, it's vomit inducing.

i never thought i would say this.  But i'm undecided.  I'm probably still more for staying in than out.

I hate the idea of an out being a victory for the racists and the right, though.  If it was a people's reaction to the utter democratic shambles of the Parliament, treatment of greece and there was the possibility of radically breaking what the EU has become with a view to a new European project with progressive ideals - I think i'd be all for it.  as it is, Farage and the Tories are making it look like a bigoted breakaway.  They are repellent.  All of their reasons for leaving are the opposite of my own views.  It's really conflicting what is for the greater good, for me.

Also, to add it's a really illuminating experience being undecided about something.  I was very Yes in the Scottish referendum but now can feel what it was like to be a soft no.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

22 hours ago, Scunnered said:

You've been indulging in a little bit of project fear yourself...

You seem desperate to reassure yourself that you're not on the side of 'Project Fear' and the Conservatives on this issue.

And you seem desperate not to mention the fact that you're on the side of the ultra right wing conservatives like IDS, Boris, Gove etc. as well as Farage & Co.

Instead you focus on that old fanny Galloway.

Remember.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/17/brexit-threatens-british-workers-rights-maternity-leave-holiday-frances-ogrady-tuc-trades-union-congress-eu

51 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Predictable not to know what you're talking about? I see.

Oh mystic one please share your inner most thoughts. :rollsmile:

I'll give you a clue. Starts with 'H' second letter 'Y' third 'P' and ends in 'Y'

Or it could be something that fishermen do to catch clams.

Take your pick.

30 minutes ago, antidote said:

Oh mystic one please share your inner most thoughts. :rollsmile:

I'll give you a clue. Starts with 'H' second letter 'Y' third 'P' and ends in 'Y'

Or it could be something that fishermen do to catch clams.

Take your pick.

Ah.  You say I'm desperate for not mentioning that I'm on the same side as comrades Farage, Gove, and all the super right wing Tories...  Even though I have, LOADS of times.  And this is hypocrisy?

It's an interesting world you live in champ, I'll give you that.

Edited by Scunnered

The UK is going to stay in. That's what the rich and powerful (beyond the british aristocracy of course and even beyond british shores) want. That's what they'll get. It was the same for the Scottish referendum. It's not like they even give a toss about it, they just don't want boats being rocked.

would like to see the old "scotland pulled out against her will" scenario but I doubt it'll happen.