Eu Membership Referendum - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Eu Membership Referendum

The whole "renegotiation" is total and utter farce. The potential UK savings on welfare is something like 25Million which in UK budget terms is bugger all.

How much has the whole circus cost ? 28 Countries each with 10-20 attendees(guess ?), cheap hotels, plus security, plus sannies ? 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

The whole "renegotiation" is totalodand ut ser farce. The potential UK savings on welfare is something like 25Million which in UK budget terms is bugger all.

How much has the whole circus cost ? 28 Countries each with 10-20 attendees(guess ?), cheap hotels, plus security, plus sannies ? 

AbsoLutely....Cameron's charade Is pathetic even by his standards...I have always been pro europe but Cameron Is making It a very good reason to vote to leave. I cannot vote with the biggest Idiot seen for years In politics.

The current negotiations will have Farage licking his lips. Cameron can't get anything through including paying benefits on a varying ratio based on the location of the children which seems common sense to me if you are going to pay benefits for children that don't live in the country.

The negotiations Look like they are going to blow up now as Greece will veto unless they get concessions on the refugee crisis with is also a total shambles.

my thoughts are that Cameron will get almost no concessions and will spend the next 6 months trying to talk them up. 

The EU has a good purpose and many benefits but the current path of more and more integration with the overriding ability of national governments decisions is not what the UK and many other countries want which is why it will self destruct.

the cost of all these meetings and negotiations must be unreal

Cameron at his triumphalist best with his latest tweet:

'I have negotiated a deal that ensures that the UK will have special status within the EU.'

What f**cing right does the UK have to 'special status' within the EU??

Or anywhere else for that matter.

That twat really is delusional.

Edited by Barney Rubble

36 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

'I have negotiated a deal that ensures that the UK will have special status within the EU.'

Delusional and a liar 

He has negotiated all. He was ALWAYS going to come back with "the deal he wanted" like some sort of Churchillian statesman who "fought for Britain"

In reality the whole thing is a set up and whatever Europe looks like going forward will have been agreed months in advance.

This whole charade is nothing other than an expensive cigar smoking, champagne quaffing farce to allow Cameron his big moment and hopefully keep the European gravy train rolling along.

Anyone who believes a word of this tripe really must be galactically stupid.

5 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Delusional and a liar 

He has negotiated f u c k all. He was ALWAYS going to come back with "the deal he wanted" like some sort of Churchillian statesman who "fought for Britain"

In reality the whole thing is a set up and whatever Europe looks like going forward will have been agreed months in advance.

This whole charade is nothing other than an expensive cigar smoking, champagne quaffing farce to allow Cameron his big moment and hopefully keep the European gravy train rolling along.

53 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Delusional and a liar 

He has negotiated all. He was ALWAYS going to come back with "the deal he wanted" like some sort of Churchillian statesman who "fought for Britain"

More like Chamberlain's "peace in our time".

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Come on, he stayed up all night - nearly - for us!

On 11/02/2016 at 9:06 AM, stocky said:

pts the large European states that are the problem, the ones built for Empire, uk, Spain, Italy,Germany, Belguim etc, who are all (uk exept) less than 150 years old, these big states are the anomaly. Each one of the above is a combination of many states within them. The big nation states are the problem,,,,,

They were artificially formed as part of the Empire building Century.

Europe has always been a continent of small states/principalities, What we have now is the exception...

Meant to post my disagreemenet with this the other day ;)

Look at how the European map has changed over the past 1000 years or so, I'd say the larger states and empires have dominated the continent...

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Meant to post my disagreemenet with this the other day ;)

Look at how the European map has changed over the past 1000 years or so, I'd say the larger states and empires have dominated the continent...

aye, i like that map. Empires come and Go, but the wee states are still here, consumed my others sometimes, independent at times disappeared at times,, borders moved here and there but they still exist...

It proves that big empires or artificially made states are not the answer... 

lets just have one Europe lots of states... 

45 minutes ago, Rossy said:

It hilarious to watch these Tories...the ones responsible for Project Fear lies during the referendum....now trying to justify leaving the EU.

Bold headline in yesterday's Mail ...." Project Fear Begins". 

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. 

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

It hilarious to watch these Tories...the ones responsible for Project Fear lies during the referendum....now trying to justify leaving the EU.

You've been indulging in a little bit of project fear yourself...

You seem desperate to reassure yourself that you're not on the side of 'Project Fear' and the Conservatives on this issue.

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

You've been indulging in a little bit of project fear yourself...

You seem desperate to reassure yourself that you're not on the side of 'Project Fear' and the Conservatives on this issue.

Not really. I said in another thread that everyone should vote the way they feel fit. 

I don't care if the some blue Tories, some red Tories or the Moonies think the same way as I do.