Scottish Labour - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Labour

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Labour started a crusade against nationalism they turned on the people of Scotland.

I really hope they get destroyed at the election next May.

Lets return the SNP in number next May!

It could be one of the ironic things about this... a No and then an increased SNP majority.

I love my local Labour MP, she's an absolute star and does so much good in the community. If the SNP put up a decent candidate, she will lose her seat and it will be a real loss for Cunningham North. My disgust at Labour is so palpable that I can't, and won't use my Vote to back their representative that I respect so much. They're finished.

Katy Clark?

4.000 people have joined the SNP in the last 48 hours, I'll bet a lot of them are former Labour members.

I'm going to travel to Jim Murphy's count in next years election just to watch his face as he realises he's suddenly unemployed.

Yes I heard membership rocketed .Frances about to make it 4001 tonight

If you regret your no it is a real sore one for you...I am not kidding.

The only redemption that will come close is joining the SNP, that will be a permanent Yes, until the real chance to clear your conscience comes around.

If you are fukking raging but never bothered joining the SNP join now.

Yes I heard membership rocketed .Frances about to make it 4001 tonight

It has gone up 5,500 from 25,000 (when it was already the largest party in Scotland) as of 3pm today. Probably gone up 6k by now.

I am thinking of joining the Greens but I wouldn't be able to do much for them officially, might be better just to set up a standing order (like I have with SNP).

It has gone up 5,500 from 25,000 (when it was already the largest party in Scotland) as of 3pm today. Probably gone up 6k by now.

Spread the word Bob.

If we cannot double the SNP membership in a week post No vote then we are doing something wrong. They really deserve it.

Can you think of a more meaningful thank you?

Can you think of a better Fukk you this aint over?

Edited by thplinth

Until today, I had never been an actual member of any political affiliation or organisation. However, the last 48 hours has awakened something in me. Like so many, I've never known hurt, anger and frustration like it. Particularly when I saw the opportunity for my wee boy's generation being completely squandered, and the sight of the utter turncoats that are the Labour Party dancing arm in arm with Tories. A sight that would have Maxton, Keir Hardie, Dewar and John Smith turning in their graves.

So I joined the SNP this morning. I owe it myself, my family, my wee boy and the rest of the 45 to try and do something and keep fighting. This dream will never die. This is not over by a long shot and Labour will pay a very heavy price next year in Scotland for their treachery. The people need to change their mindset of voting Labour to keep the Tories out. We need a new way of thinking.

I have never been a member of the SNP, although I was active, in a humble way, in the Yes campaign. After the result yesterday, and the scenes in Glasgow last night, I joined the SNP this afternoon. I am also signing up for the 'campaign' (if that's the word) to support foodbanks in Scotland that is gaining momentum in response to the inevitable cuts that will follow on from The loss of the referendum.Thursday was a bitter blow, but I think more and more people will see it for what it was, a temporary setback.

Edited by Pool Q

Shouldn't be surprised but didn't realise how low of a majority Lamont has. Can't wait to see her get booted into touch (along with many others)

623. Would be fantastic

My son and I are joining (SNP) on Monday, my Mum who is 74 and born and bred in Glasgows Gorbals and voted NO on Thursday, has always been blinded by loyalty to the Labour Party (her grandfather helped feed the poor of the Gorbals at the turn of the century (20th))

Anyway she saw a clip on TV on Friday morning of Labour & Tories dancing about drinking champagne in celebration of their (temporary) victory, she is absolutely sickened & truly hurt, if they can have an effect like that on my mum, then they are going to get fuckin destroyed / finished at the next election.

We are not finished.....this moment has just started - the rolling ball collects and grows !!!

The majorities Greatrex and Hood have in Lanarkshire are mammoth. I can't see Labour losing these seats even with a few thousand of the old party faithful raging at them.

A monkey in a red rosette will still win in Lanarkshire, tragic though it is