Scottish Labour - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Labour

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes won in his constituency

That's cheered me up a wee bit. At least a majority of my neighbours are good guys.

Where are the referendum results by constituency available? I had a look on Wikipedia earlier today and only the councils were listed.

The majorities Greatrex and Hood have in Lanarkshire are mammoth. I can't see Labour losing these seats even with a few thousand of the old party faithful raging at them.

A monkey in a red rosette will still win in Lanarkshire, tragic though it is

I had a good spat with Greatex on Twitter the other day.I told him he was a career politician sent up from the Home Counties to a safe seat and that he had all in common with the people he represents.

He tried to make it out I was anti English

Until today, I had never been an actual member of any political affiliation or organisation. However, the last 48 hours has awakened something in me. Like so many, I've never known hurt, anger and frustration like it. Particularly when I saw the opportunity for my wee boy's generation being completely squandered, and the sight of the utter turncoats that are the Labour Party dancing arm in arm with Tories. A sight that would have Maxton, Keir Hardie, Dewar and John Smith turning in their graves.

So I joined the SNP this morning. I owe it myself, my family, my wee boy and the rest of the 45 to try and do something and keep fighting. This dream will never die. This is not over by a long shot and Labour will pay a very heavy price next year in Scotland for their treachery. The people need to change their mindset of voting Labour to keep the Tories out. We need a new way of thinking.

Dewar and John Smith? Seriously??? These 2 bstrds would've been right at the front of the fkin conga.

Daviebee - we will of course never know that. But I only mentioned them as they were the only Labour guys of the modern era that I felt were symbols of the old Labour movement and stood steadfastly against Conservatism and all that stood for.

That aside, Blair, Brown, Mandelson, Darling and their ilk are the reasons why I completely turned my back on the Labour Party in the early nineties.

Edited by King Of Paisley