Wanky Phrases - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Phrases

17 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Its going to get 'messy' tonight. Having a 'cheeky' drink. Having a 'predrink' before going out.

Cant stand any of these idiotic terms.

Also anyqunt that shows a picture titled Before It All Went Wrong.

Edited by Ormond

36 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

People who pronounce 'ask/asked' as 'axe/axed'. I have wondered before if some people do it deliberately or they genuinely don't know how to pronounce it properly.

If it's deliberate then it's probably a sign of low intelligence.

Rappers do that :lol: 

My favourite one, which is a bit similar, is folk pronouncing "asterisk" as "asterix" 

Steve McNamanan last night, while summarising on the Arsenal v Barcelona game, used the expression 'Simple as' twice:

'Yer don give Baashelona dar amount o' spashe or dey'll poonish yer.  Simple as.'

Cease and desist ya clown.

3 hours ago, fringo said:

Not sure if this one's been posted but "be all you can be".

I'm sure I remember that being a slogan at Fir park as a kid. Can't remember if it was an advert for health in the programme? Or if it was near the "keep cigarettes away from the match" and "is this the closest you get to excercise all week" signs?

:lol:

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm sure I remember that being a slogan at Fir park as a kid. Can't remember if it was an advert for health in the programme? Or if it was near the "keep cigarettes away from the match" and "is this the closest you get to excercise all week" signs?

:lol:

I can accept it in certain appropriate (and occasional)  circumstances but now people drum it out constantly in an annoying, wanky way.

• 3 weeks later...