Match thread - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match thread

wheres the pies

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustrating result and performance tonight. The 3-0 defeat in Slovakia was the difference between us finishing second and third in this group. We gave ourselves too much to do after dropping points at home to Lithuania - had we won that we would've been in the play-offs. Hopefully we can build on the end of this campaign in the Euro qualifiers.

Just now, Clyde1998 said:

Frustrating result and performance tonight. The 3-0 defeat in Slovakia was the difference between us finishing second and third in this group. We gave ourselves too much to do after dropping points at home to Lithuania - had we won that we would've been in the play-offs. Hopefully we can build on the end of this campaign in the Euro qualifiers.

For me it was the Lithuania at Hampden match that crucified us. We were dire for 80 minutes of that match but we had so many chances late on we could have won it but only drew. Oh for us to have played for the full 90 there.

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I really hope our fans don’t applaud this shower off tonight.

Of course they will.

Strachan will be praised to the heavens for 'almost' getting us to a play off spot.

Callum McGregor & John McGinn getting zero minutes in this double header while guys like Anya, Snodgrass & Martin get the usual game time sums up Strachans reign.

Needs a freshen up and some new ideas from a younger, less stubborn manager. 

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And step forward Jimmy Calderwood, Derek McGinnis or another manager of that ilk. Great.....NOT.

I’m not taking this out on you directly btw. 

Why does everyone think it has to be a Scottish manager? It’s a pathetic closed shop vision that people like you have that is holding us back. 

The world is a huge place, I’m sure here’s plenty capable men out there, those arseholes at the sfa just have to see this or we will never progress. 

We are an embarrassment. 

Strachan is a manager who is over cautious and who employs the tactics of fear rather than expression and who is incapable of putting the best 11 players on the park prior to kick off. It has been pretty obvious that the last five results have relied more on luck rather than the managers ability to get the best out of the players and employ tactics that play to their strengths. Get him and the rest of his cronies to f u ck as soon as possible.

Just now, ProudScot said:

Of course they will.

Strachan will be praised to the heavens for 'almost' getting us to a play off spot.

Callum McGregor & John McGinn getting zero minutes in this double header while guys like Anya, Snodgrass & Martin get the usual game time sums up Strachans reign.

Needs a freshen up and some new ideas from a younger, less stubborn manager. 

Well this would have been a long dead rubber if fans had their way. Martin was their devil incarnate and was booed on to the pitch at home to Slovenia and saved us as he did last Thursday. That proves that our fans are no great judge of who should or shouldn't play.

So.... it's to be the hard luck story, so near so far, YET again.

What utterly baffles me is why managers don't make the necessary changes WHEN they are needed and when there is still time for them to work.   

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I’m not taking this out on you directly btw. 

Why does everyone think it has to be a Scottish manager? It’s a pathetic closed shop vision that people like you have that is holding us back. 

The world is a huge place, I’m sure here’s plenty capable men out there, those arseholes at the sfa just have to see this or we will never progress. 

We are an embarrassment. 

Can I remind you who is doing the hiring here? The incompetent ####wits at the SFA. Jeez if you put faith in them gewtting in an inspirational European manager you surely must believe in tooth fairies.