Match thread - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match thread

wheres the pies

4 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

If he does stay on for the Euro qualifiers, this will hopefully mean that we can get going much faster and not give ourselves too much to do at the end of the campaign.

Enough already !

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Fans are not the greatest of judges either. Snoddy coming on was slated on here and he scores. Martin is constantly slated but has extended our hopes until now, Anya slated set up goal last Thursday etc etc etc. Armchair fans are in armchairs for a reason - because they are not qualified for non-league management never mind international football management.

I've done my badges to a high enough level to know how you can change games that arn't going your way.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Even I agree that Forrest should be ahead of Phillips. McGregor or mcginn  should have started, the one who didn’t should have came on as sub.

I know I get stick for bigging Forrest up on here but he plays a really important role. He gets the ball up the pitch quickly, tracks back and wins loads of free-kicks. 

Just now, PASTA Mick said:

I know I get stick for bigging Forrest up on here but he plays a really important role. He gets the ball up the pitch quickly, tracks back and wins loads of free-kicks. 

I’m still not his biggest fan but he’s is better than the wingers that played tonight. 

19 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Can I remind you who is doing the hiring here? The incompetent ####wits at the SFA. Jeez if you put faith in them gewtting in an inspirational European manager you surely must believe in tooth fairies.

I don’t put faith in them doing anything even remotely capable, but that’s where we are. 

Seems we should listen to Craig Burley in future

Maybe Strachan thought he could sacrifice a midfielder to play two up front due to the Slovenians being without 2 key players

However you think he would notice us being over run in midfield and change it

We were playing on the counter attack for most of that game

24 minutes ago, Mox said:

Strachan is a manager who is over cautious and who employs the tactics of fear rather than expression and who is incapable of putting the best 11 players on the park prior to kick off. It has been pretty obvious that the last five results have relied more on luck rather than the managers ability to get the best out of the players and employ tactics that play to their strengths. Get him and the rest of his cronies to f u ck as soon as possible.

Totally disagree.  We have consistently improved under Strachan, the team is getting younger and we have momentum.  Changing now and we could end up with another Berti, Burley or Levein. 

Edited by adamntg

5 minutes ago, fringo said:

Lithuania draw at the start was the killer.

Yep.

That was the Georgia result in this campaign. Considering how easy the away game was not beating them at Hampden was criminal.

Everyone will look at the England game but the score was 0-1 at 87 minutes and everyone would've taken a point before Griffiths stepped up for the first free kick.

Scottish fans on 5 live calling for Forrest to start. :lol:

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Totally disagree.  We have consistently improved under Strachan, the team is getting younger and we have momentum.  Changing now and we could end up with another Berti, Burley or Levein. 

Improved? Aye right :lol::lol:

1 minute ago, Tartan Chris said:

Yep.

That was the Georgia result in this campaign. Considering how easy the away game was not beating them at Hampden was criminal.

Everyone will look at the England game but the score was 0-1 at 87 minutes and everyone would've taken a point before Griffiths stepped up for the first free kick.

Scottish fans on 5 live calling for Forrest to start. :lol:

Forrest should've started tonight.  He was good on Thursday. And I say that as someone who doesn't think that much of him. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Incredible isnt it

Spawning last minute goals is not a sign of improvement when you consider the previous 89 minutes of those games

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Whatever the starting line-up tonight if we never got the win Strachan would be slated. A 4-5-1 and people would have said we needed two strikers as we needed the win. We went with 4-4-2 and he's getting slated for not sticking with the tried and trusted set-up of 4-5-1.

Tried and trusted formation is fine - were only asking the form players to be picked, which he consistently doesn't do

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Aye.   On the empirical evidence that 14 points from the last 6 games is better than 4 from the first 4.  We improved in our second games against Slovakia, Lithuania and England and are now unbeaten in six competitive matches. 

Why do you think we haven't improved?

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

We have improved over the last few matches but in these two matches Strachan had to earn his wage after Brown and Armstrong were ruled out. We got a lucky win v Slovakia (lucky because of the early red card) and were outplayed tonight. 

Any fan could pick the Celtic players and fill in the gaps. Let's not pretend Strachan is the reason we have improved recently. 

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Whatever the starting line-up tonight if we never got the win Strachan would be slated. A 4-5-1 and people would have said we needed two strikers as we needed the win. We went with 4-4-2 and he's getting slated for not sticking with the tried and trusted set-up of 4-5-1.

Pure nonsense. You're nothing but an enabler for a medicore manager.