Team v Lithuania - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team v Lithuania

slasher

Hopeful as ever but think there's as much chance of Slovakia getting 4 points (beating Slovenia & nicking a point at Wembley) as there is of us getting 6 points.

Being realistic anything could happen against Lithuania, can see Malta being a typically agonizing Scotland v 'minnows' game where we scrape a victory. The 5-1 away game seriously flattered us.

Hopefully Griffiths will break his duck from open play now he's got a bit of confidence from the England game.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I'd go with: 

Gordon

Tierney
Berra
Mulgrew
Robertson

Brown 
McArthur

Forrest
Armstrong
Fraser

Griffiths 

I'd take that team - glad someone agree's with me about dropping Snodgrass as he's been really poor for us the past year or so.

17 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

I'd take that team - glad someone agree's with me about dropping Snodgrass as he's been really poor for us the past year or so.

Snodgrass is a much better player IMO but he's not been playing and won't be sharp. 

1 hour ago, andyD said:

Everyone seems to be going for the back 4.. I wouldn't be surprised if we went back 3 like against England.

Gordon
Martin - Berra - Tierney
Anya - Brown - Morrison - Robertson
Fraser - Armstrong
Griffiths

I think you might be right. Fancy Phillips to start though....and maybe Bannan. So take out Anya and Morrison.

3 hours ago, andyD said:

Everyone seems to be going for the back 4.. I wouldn't be surprised if we went back 3 like against England.

Gordon
Martin - Berra - Tierney
Anya - Brown - Morrison - Robertson
Fraser - Armstrong
Griffiths

I have wondered if he'll go with the 3 again in order to fit in both Tierney and Robertson.

Regardless of formation this is GS' chance to bury the ghost of Georgia in some way. There really is no excuse to stand by the the players who've played well the last few games and are now not in form, as much as I like him Snoddy is the obvoius. The likes of Fraser, Philips, Ritchie should all be ahead of him for a start, we've also much better options from the bench this time than we did 2 years ago.

I'm confident of 6 points this week not sure what will happen in October though. 

2 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Brilliant line up and I'd certainly go with this ; but will Strach ;()

I'd swap Gordon for any of the other keepers and Forrest swapped for Ritchie but if strachan went with what parklife posted I would accept it because that team should be capable of beating Lithuania and Malta. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd swap Gordon for any of the other keepers and Forrest swapped for Ritchie but if strachan went with what parklife posted I would accept it because that team should be capable of beating Lithuania and Malta. 

Gordon seems to have gone off the boil a bit since the England game. I was sitting with a few Icelanders and I was saying he's a sound keeper, just made a bunder and had a poor-ish game ; but had a couple of poor games for Celtic too, but I don't think Strachan will bin him.

Stating the obvious, but six points is a must and I really hope we go out gunning for them rather than sitting back for 50-60 minutes and then going for it. Might as well lose 1-0 having tried to win the game,  rather than a 0-0 with only really pushing on in the last 20 mins.

I think the pressure being off might be a good thing, we are not expected to get second place and though unlike this time two years ago when we went to Georgia and shat it - we were in a good position and people were beginning to dream of France, etc - now we basically have to win every game ad that might not be enough.

I wanted rid of Strachan and he will go if we fail to qualify or get to the playoffs ; but the last two performances, he has earned the right to see out the campaign but again, how can we not do this all at once or in a series of 10 games? Rather than putting in a performance or two followed by a honker e.g Lithuania at Hampden.

Anyhoos, good luck to the side and hope the fans out there have a great time!

Lithuania 0 Scotland 2 - hopefully.

Edited by weekevie04