Poppies on shirts? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poppies on shirts?

andreimack

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking: FA chief exec Martin Glenn tells me England and Scotland players will defy Fifa and wear armband bearing poppy during Nov 11 game.

3 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

The remembrance is at 11am. Why don't each of the respective squads have an event at their hotel. Media presence to capture their moment of remembrance and they can quietly have their moment. Any of the fans that want to do likewise can go to an appropriate ceremony anywhere in the country for 11am and wear the poppy for the day/evening/game/week  -  whatever they see fit and appropriate.  All of the outrage on this is an absolute nonsense. 

If they could both do it together that would be the ultimate tribute for me. Football has become far too important in it's own eyes and this would be quite humbling.

31 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

On five live that England and Scotland will defy FIFA and wear the poppy armband 

Mebbe FIFA will expel us and ingerland from competition. Novel way for us to exit. Spare the agony of the footballing reality perhaps.......

5 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Mebbe FIFA will expel us and ingerland from competition. Novel way for us to exit. Spare the agony of the footballing reality perhaps.......

That's far too easy.  Knowing our luck it would be a points deduction and England would still qualify but we'd lose out because of it! 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

More to the point, did Theresa May actually use the words ' jolly well' ? Who the fook speaks like that these days ? Has she just jumped off the page of an Enid Blyton book? Fifa must be shittin themselves. 

Pissed myself laughing just there.

Class post.:lol:

16 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

I'd rather that tbh least we'd exit a noble way instead of the usual embarrassment haha

On November 1, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Ormond said:

Has anyone else seen the absolutely vile huge poppies plastered all over our fighter jets? :mad:

On your fighter jets?!

Eh, would that not be the exact place it should be given it's military context?

Certainly  a lot more relevant  than on a football  field.

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Piece of nonsense.  I hope they throw the book at us if we go ahead and defy the laws.  Spineless idiots in charge of our game, pretending to be tough guys. 

Takes much more guts to say no to poppy-fascism. 

Agreed. We've bent over and done as the FA tell us. 

Good luck SFA next time you try and fine Celtic, Rangers or anyone else. Can of worms. 

From Twitter

CwQiE96W8AA1JBR.jpg

The last time England played on November 11 was 1987 vs Yugoslavia. Shirts had on them an embroidered Umbro logo & an England badge.

If the political situation in Scotland was not what it is would this even be an issue ?

I think we know the answer as i pointed out a few pages ago

4 minutes ago, Bino's said:

duncan better watch

he will be branded an enemy of the people for speaking out

You would think - however all his responses, mostly from England, see it for what it is