Pink to make the boys wink - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pink to make the boys wink

Ally Bongo

Although I'd rather be playing in (a good)  blue shirt , I think there is some advantage playing in a brighter shirt than darker one. 

Visually the players will be able to pick out a pink shirted player quicker - they will stand out more than a darker one who will slightly blend in with the crowd in the background. 

It may only be a split second but it could make a difference. But we play at such a snails pace, that it won't matter one iota. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, adamntg said:

I saw a wee boy at the under 11s at the weekend wearing black boots.  Obviously some kind of free-thinking anarchist.

:lol:.  I heard a rumour that Pep has made all the youngsters at City wear black boots. Not sure if it is true or not.

34 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

:lol:.  I heard a rumour that Pep has made all the youngsters at City wear black boots. Not sure if it is true or not.

Yeah I don't think anyone from the u20's is allowed to have any other colour except black boots.

1 hour ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Although I'd rather be playing in (a good)  blue shirt , I think there is some advantage playing in a brighter shirt than darker one. 

Visually the players will be able to pick out a pink shirted player quicker - they will stand out more than a darker one who will slightly blend in with the crowd in the background. 

It may only be a split second but it could make a difference. But we play at such a snails pace, that it won't matter one iota. 

There might be a tiny bit of truth in that but you also need to back it up with the ability to pick out your man with the pass.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the pink strip , as another poster mentioned it wont make any difference to the performance. If Barca were playing in pink no-one would bat an eyelid. Think it is more to do with some supporters looking hideous in it than the team or the history. Its an away strip , who cares. 

Isn't it that we're somehow contractually obliged to wear our away kit at away games or something? Unless it clashes with the opposition's home kit. I might have just made that up.

Anyway like others have said, who gives a toss.

My opinion may be invalidated though as someone who thought the previous away kit was a cracker. One of the best ever, with probably only the France 98 yellow kit beating it.

24 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the pink strip , as another poster mentioned it wont make any difference to the performance. If Barca were playing in pink no-one would bat an eyelid. Think it is more to do with some supporters looking hideous in it than the team or the history. Its an away strip , who cares. 

Really ?

You think think running out at Wembley, for an England v Scotland game, in a pink strip,  will have the same psychological effect as wearing the blue ?

And anyone that says "Who cares" shouldnt really be supporting Scotland IMO

Thats part of the whole problem with Scottish Football

Edited by Ally Bongo

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Really ?

You think think running out at Wembley, for an England v Scotland game, in a pink strip,  will have the same psychological effect as wearing the blue ?

And anyone that says "Who cares" shouldnt really be supporting Scotland IMO

Oh dry your eyes man. It's a fitba strip. I'm pretty sure you're older than you're acting here.

It will make absolutely zero difference to Scotland (or England for that matter) what strip we wear. Do you think England are going to $h1t themselves because we've got a blue strip on?

And to suggest that anyone who thinks this is unimportant shouldn't be supporting Scotland, is frankly embarrassing.

Edited by Marky

Just now, Marky said:

And to suggest that anything who thinks this is unimportant shouldn't be supporting Scotland, is frankly embarrassing.

I stand by it

9 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Chris Coleman, an international manager, seems to think strip choice makes a difference.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37513212

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Thanks

Apologies. If I had known Chris Coleman thought it mattered, that would have completely changed my view. I take it all back!

Edited by Marky

The pink strip will either become the pale blue saltire on white from Paris 07 or the Maroon monstrosity from Georgia.

:lol:

I quite like it myself.

Take the point about the tradition, hadn't really thought about that angle, and also think the fact FIFA claim it's a clash is ridiculous.

I'll wear it with pride (no pun intended! ? )

On 10/25/2016 at 8:07 PM, aaid said:

Plenty of precedent with Scotland wearing a pink top.

article-2568033-1BD5ABDB00000578-506_306

Correct. Bizarre that people have an issue with Scotland playing in traditional Scotland colours. 

bigfathagiz

• bigfathagiz
  •  
  • 29 posts
This just confirms what I have been saying all along.      I would still feel uncomfortable wearing this.   Back in 1900 when this was being worn I would have felt the same way,  This is racehorse colours of Lord Roseberry I want to represent my flag, my country, my home with Blue and White maybe red and yellow of the Lion Rampant but not the colours of some rich horse owning politician.  

abcabcabc

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The pink strip will either become the pale blue saltire on white from Paris 07 or the Maroon monstrosity from Georgia.

:lol:

I quite like it myself.

Take the point about the tradition, hadn't really thought about that angle, and also think the fact FIFA claim it's a clash is ridiculous.

I'll wear it with pride (no pun intended! ? )

Haha 

I'm not happy at not playing in blue at Wembley. 

Take your point though - if we win I will right off the train at Haymarket on Saturday the 12th and right in to JD.

6 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

You are clutching mate. 

produce a one off blue sleeve edition and the problem is solved (or is that against fifa rules?). They might also have a collectors item on their hands. Wait for the genuine original versrions available exclusivley on ebay from one guy who has an unlimited supply. 

Edited by thewelk