Scotland fans booing their own players - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland fans booing their own players

GRBear

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I'm not condoning the booing of Wallace or any other players, just don't see the point of getting all bothered about it, some fans are idiots 

Perhaps pointing out that they are idiots might make them think twice.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Debian said:

Cool. So condemn the Wallace boos and Wallace is a Grass pish. Floor is yours....

I see the problem, you got a bit overheated before you read my post and thought I was condoning booing Lee Wallace. I wasn't and I don't. I was gently making fun of people apparently being shocked by teams being bood off at HT or FT after a poor performance. Not saying I do it but it's been going on for decades. 

As for Lee Wallace, it was a small minority and I disavow, ok? But that doesn't change the fact that some "Rangers fans" who hate Scotland anyway are looking for reasons to be offended.

Don’t see the problem with booing the team off at FT after what was a pretty poor performance. I also think there's an element of frustration of just wanting to qualify for a tournament, especially after watching all ‘home nations’ compete at one in the summer. I found it more bizarre that some stayed behind to applaud the players off the park at FT.

4 minutes ago, stactuso85 said:

As for Lee Wallace, it was a small minority and I disavow, ok? But that doesn't change the fact that some "Rangers fans" who hate Scotland anyway are looking for reasons to be offended.

It's a 2 way thing.

There's an element of the Rangers support that hate the national team and "the tartan army", but then some of this pish from Scotland fans not only gives them an excuse, it makes us look like the ones with the problem.

I can live with cheering that bit louder for players from your own club, I've been guilty of that myself, but booing our own players because of their club is a poor show.

2 minutes ago, AmishBoy said:

Don’t see the problem with booing the team off at FT after what was a pretty poor performance. I also think there's an element of frustration of just wanting to qualify for a tournament, especially after watching all ‘home nations’ compete at one in the summer. I found it more bizarre that some stayed behind to applaud the players off the park at FT.

Both the booing at full-time and the applauding were probably understandable. This might seem like a contradiction but while acknowledging it was a disappointing performance and outcome, the level of acrimony by a few people round about me went way over the top, almost from the first whistle. We all deal with frustration in different ways but I remain convinced that the players respond to encouragement rather than abuse (even when it's directed at the manager). It got to the stage that I was more pissed off at the levels of abuse than the performance on the park. A lot of it is human nature but I think the fact that it started so early in the game in particular kind of pissed me off...   

20 minutes ago, Ak91 said:

Few Rangers haters in here the night. Leave it to the club forums, you're an embarrassment. 

There is a minority on both sides but on twitter last night it would appear that the amount of vocal Rangers fans that hate Scotland far exceeds any vocal anti Rangers feeling from the Scotland support and by some way.

As alluded to earlier, most of them are looking for any reason to justify their hatred and the morons that booed Lee Wallace last night gave them that.

4 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Both the booing at full-time and the applauding were probably understandable. This might seem like a contradiction but while acknowledging it was a disappointing performance and outcome, the level of acrimony by a few people round about me went way over the top, almost from the first whistle. We all deal with frustration in different ways but I remain convinced that the players respond to encouragement rather than abuse (even when it's directed at the manager). It got to the stage that I was more pissed off at the levels of abuse than the performance on the park. A lot of it is human nature but I think the fact that it started so early in the game in particular kind of pissed me off...   

Aye, I think frustration is the key word here. We all want to see the team do well & ultimately qualify for a tournament, however just the second game in and understandably, it looks as if that could be another 2yrs down the swanny. I hope we can recover these points on Tuesday but I'm not convinced we will.

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

There is a minority on both sides but on twitter last night it would appear that the amount of vocal Rangers fans that hate Scotland far exceeds any vocal anti Rangers feeling from the Scotland support and by some way.

As alluded to earlier, most of them are looking for any reason to justify their hatred and the morons that booed Lee Wallace last night gave them that.

Spot on.

Sorry, anyone who pays their money is entitled to boo if they want. Don't know about the Lee Wallace stuff, but every player in a blue shirt, the coaching staff, the sfa, the stadium staff (toilets in west stand blacked out etc), and the dj/entertainment............They all deserved booing for the total embarrassment that is Scotlands national team/sport. 

18 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I wouldn't disagree with that however what I would say is there is a lot of anti Rangers comments popping up in this forum which is also used by Rangers fans wanting to support both Rangers and Scotland. Have no problem if the guys who are doing that want to retaliate on twitter but not on here. 

51 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It's a 2 way thing.

There's an element of the Rangers support that hate the national team and "the tartan army", but then some of this pish from Scotland fans not only gives them an excuse, it makes us look like the ones with the problem.

I can live with cheering that bit louder for players from your own club, I've been guilty of that myself, but booing our own players because of their club is a poor show.

Didn't notice the lee Wallace stuff..... but as a Scottish football fan and a rangers fan (who supports celtic in every European game etc, and cheered scott brown louder than most in a Scotland jersey)........ I have noticed a lot of anti rangers feeling at the games and on here(certainly never noticed it 10yrs ago)

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Deserves to be booed aye. Bolt ya waster. Yer as well following that team from London. 

Read my first post on this subject.

i wouldn't boo him and wouldn't condone anyone booing him. 

It's a total non story compared to what Celtic players and fans had to put up with from the old bigots in the Scotland support.

29 minutes ago, Ak91 said:

I wouldn't disagree with that however what I would say is there is a lot of anti Rangers comments popping up in this forum which is also used by Rangers fans wanting to support both Rangers and Scotland. Have no problem if the guys who are doing that want to retaliate on twitter but not on here. 

No one should be tarred at a Scotland game.  But fact is your old club cheated and haven't shown any remorse.

11 minutes ago, deso1 said:

Didn't notice the lee Wallace stuff..... but as a Scottish football fan and a rangers fan (who supports celtic in every European game etc, and cheered scott brown louder than most in a Scotland jersey)........ I have noticed a lot of anti rangers feeling at the games and on here(certainly never noticed it 10yrs ago)

Ying goes with the Yang

The increased hostility from Rangers fans leads to increased ill feeling from Scotland fans 

It is what most of these bams want - they would rather Rangers fans gave their support to Northern Ireland

There was a day when the element within the Celtic support that supported Eire made Rangers fans all the more determined to support Scotland 

The referendum and anti SFA feeling would appear to have changed that dramatically

Edited by Ally Bongo

16 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

If you can't shout anything positive about your team, just stay quiet.

Its a football team...we are not talking of a recently deceased during a funeral service. I think all emtions and reactions should be ok. If you care and if you re upset why not boo after a match. Not during and not directed at specific players. But generally.

18 hours ago, kmcca5 said:

It's another reason we are shite. Booing at half time when I don't think Scotland had played that badly was a just dumb. The crowd should be getting behind the team but every shot of the crowd was folk in Scotland tops with folded arms.

From the TV the crowd was quiet most of the game unless they were getting at the Scotland players. 

Not sure how we fix that.  

Someone who watched the game on the Tv telling folk who actually were at the game how to be better supporters. Belting. 

18 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

If you cheer and applaud them off, they probably think you are appreciating their Performance. Nothing wrong in booing and showing a football team that you are not just a bunch of "we ll come anyway, no matter what happens" fans who can be fed shit football for years now. 

15 hours ago, jamesmcfaddenkingofkings said:

£30-40 for a ticket to watch that sh**e then imo anyone is perfectly entitled to boo

Yup and yup. That was utter excrement and they were soundly booed by me. If i've been utterly shite at my job then i'll expect folk to let me know.