Scotland fans booing their own players - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland fans booing their own players

GRBear

20 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

No anti-Rangers posts here

are you for real?

and you have the cheek to say I shouldn't be allowed out

you've chosen a thread where rangers fans trashed the toilets at celtic park, of course there's going to be criticism of their behavior after that incident but this still doesn't make anyone in the TA anti rangers. Every club gets criticised at one point or another including the one I support but you don't see is greeting and accusing Scotland fans of being anti Aberdeen.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to booing.

I booed. and booed loudly and i will do so again and no amount of happy clappers did or will stop me..

I wasn't booing the players but rather the ineptitude and bizarre tactics of our 'gaffer'. A man so far up his own bahookey us plebs should keep our mouths shut according to him. (and it seems some of those happy clapping fans think others have no right to express how they feel)

The first half was one of one of the worst ever performances i've seen in my near 40 years going, the second half not far behind. The players lacked belief, direction and confidence. Thats the managers and coaches jobs, but is it little wonder when pre match the opposition is talked up rather than talking up our own abilities.

If we somehow qualify it will be in despite of the manager.

Maybe if we demanded improvements rather than this acceptance of 'being s***' we will one day start to compete again.

Tonight for me is Strachans last chance. He should have went after the last abject failure but was 'persuaded' by a small chunk of our fans who lauded the failure like they were hero's.

As for the club involvement (booing a player because he happens to play for a rival) are the actions of the seriously stupid.

Edited by TartanTon

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

are you for real?

and you have the cheek to say I shouldn't be allowed out

you've chosen a thread where rangers fans trashed the toilets at celtic park, of course there's going to be criticism of their behavior after that incident but this still doesn't make anyone in the TA anti rangers. Every club gets criticised at one point or another including the one I support but you don't see is greeting and accusing Scotland fans of being anti Aberdeen.

So there are anti-Rangers' posts then.

Edited by Larky Masher

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Some very precious wee bluenoses on here in the last few days "how dare you criticise ra Rangurz !" :lol:

Poor wee, innocent Rangers and their salt of the earth fans, they are so oppressed and hard done by ...........

Candlelit vigil outside Ibrox anyone ?

Biting satire there, bravo.

On 10/9/2016 at 7:11 PM, thplinth said:

I really don't get this. For decades and decades we had the booing of players regularly due to petty old firm shite. But now a rangers player allegedly gets booed by some unknown small group and it is as if someone has committed some big crime? You fhucking what?

Reminds me of the same fannies who after decades and decades of being mad bigots without a care suddenly are claiming straight faced that Hun is a sectarian term. They honestly think they can just reverse decades of reality by saying their shite over and over... and the amazing thing is they are partially right as there are some weak minded saps on here who seem to immediately go along with it.

Just fhuck off with all this pish. A chunk of Rangers fans HATE the TA. That is a fact. This pish is just a lot of faux outrage whank from these utter twunts.

a post of yours I can 100% agree with. I am old enough to remember the abuse dished out by rangers fans to any celtic player who had the temerity to play for Scotland. That was in the days when they thought Scotland belonged to them. then they changed to hating Scotland and the TA so will use any excuse to have a go at Scotland and the fans. Never heard any booing until half time and full time but, if it did happen, it's wrong but very very tame compared to decades ago.

1 minute ago, dipped flake said:

a post of yours I can 100% agree with. I am old enough to remember the abuse dished out by rangers fans to any celtic player who had the temerity to play for Scotland. That was in the days when they thought Scotland belonged to them. then they changed to hating Scotland and the TA so will use any excuse to have a go at Scotland and the fans. Never heard any booing until half time and full time but, if it did happen, it's wrong but very very tame compared to decades ago.

Some Rangers fans not all Rangers fans as you seem to be inferring.

35 minutes ago, TartanTon said:

Back to booing.

I booed. and booed loudly and i will do so again and no amount of happy clappers did or will stop me..

I wasn't booing the players but rather the ineptitude and bizarre tactics of our 'gaffer'. A man so far up his own bahookey us plebs should keep our mouths shut according to him. (and it seems some of those happy clapping fans think others have no right to express how they feel)

The first half was one of one of the worst ever performances i've seen in my near 40 years going, the second half not far behind. The players lacked belief, direction and confidence. Thats the managers and coaches jobs, but is it little wonder when pre match the opposition is talked up rather than talking up our own abilities.

If we somehow qualify it will be in despite of the manager.

Maybe if we demanded improvements rather than this acceptance of 'being s***' we will one day start to compete again.

Tonight for me is Strachans last chance. He should have went after the last abject failure but was 'persuaded' by a small chunk of our fans who lauded the failure like they were hero's.

As for the club involvement (booing a player because he happens to play for a rival) are the actions of the seriously stupid.

That's about right. 

9 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Some Rangers fans not all Rangers fans as you seem to be inferring.

sorry, I went back to read the last few pages on this thread and realised I should have updated my original post. Of course not all rangers fans but there has been a major shift away from rangers fans supporting Scotland to hating everything about Scotland. And I have to admit that I have followed suit in my hatred of these types of Rangers fans. That leads me to sometime make sweeping statements/generalisations   

Just now, dipped flake said:

sorry, I went back to read the last few pages on this thread and realised I should have updated my original post. Of course not all rangers fans but there has been a major shift away from rangers fans supporting Scotland to hating everything about Scotland. And I have to admit that I have followed suit in my hatred of these types of Rangers fans. That leads me to sometime make sweeping statements/generalisations   

No problems but I don't think it's a major shift I think it's a shift of a very vocal minority.

5 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

No problems but I don't think it's a major shift I think it's a shift of a very vocal minority.

you could well be right, the problem with social media is it gives a minority a very loud voice

9 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Serious question. Does anyone ever challenge this minority, either face to face or on the forums?

Very rarely, because intolerance toward other people based on their nationality or religion apparently "is a part of our British and Protestant heritage" and the rest of them just say "fair enough then".

Support for anything to do with Scotland is now viewed by the lunatic fringe as an out and out attack on their precious Union too.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Very rarely, because intolerance toward other people based on their nationality or religion apparently "is a part of our British and Protestant heritage" and the rest of them just say "fair enough then".

On the train to the game on Saturday not one Scotland fan challenged a song about ''hating the fu**ing English''

If that isn't intolerance towards someone's nationality then I don't know what is

Its the social norm (rightly or wrongly) not to challenge offensive songs by fellow supporters.

3 minutes ago, BraveheartGordon said:

On the train to the game on Saturday not one Scotland fan challenged a song about ''hating the fu**ing English''

If that isn't intolerance towards someone's nationality then I don't know what is

Its the social norm (rightly or wrongly) not to challenge offensive songs by fellow supporters.

That's not strictly true. There is a line that gets crossed when you would expect someone to speak out. Racist behaviour for instance. Obviously you have to do a quick risk assessment whether it's safe to do so first... :ph34r: 

On 10/9/2016 at 5:18 PM, Armitage Shanks said:

No one should be tarred at a Scotland game.  But fact is your old club cheated and haven't shown any remorse.

On 10/10/2016 at 7:47 AM, vanderark14 said:

people have a go at my club on here too but I don't start pointing fingers at them for being anti aberdeen.

I'm still waiting for you to prove that there is an anti rangers agenda among on here, I know I'll be waiting a long time because its just not true.

19 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

39 posts and you reveal your true character, that didn't take long 

now run along to Rangers media or follow follow and tell all yer pals how the bad Aberdeen fan on the TAMB posted nasty anti Rangers stuff.

41 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Some very precious wee bluenoses on here in the last few days "how dare you criticise ra Rangurz !" :lol:

Poor wee, innocent Rangers and their salt of the earth fans, they are so oppressed and hard done by ...........

Candlelit vigil outside Ibrox anyone ?

In response to the 2nd quote from by vanderark and your earlier statemnet that I would not be able to find any anti Rangers statements by you: The other 3 quotes including one by you are proof of anti-Rangers statements on this thread alone. I did not have to look very far. When I started reading this thread my first thoughts were where is vanderark, Ersats Thistle, Rossy et al. They will be along soon to attack the Rangers supporters. You did not fail to deliver, so predictable. You and a select few have been doing it for years mate. Can we just focus on supporting Scotland and leave the club shite out of it?

18 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Support for anything to do with Scotland is now viewed by the lunatic fringe as an out and out attack on their precious Union too.

Will you be having a show at the Fringe next year?

Just now, Angusfifer said:

That's not strictly true. There is a line that gets crossed when you would expect someone to speak out. Racist behaviour for instance. Obviously you have to do a quick risk assessment whether it's safe to do so first... :ph34r: 

My point to Ersatz was that social norms are everywhere, and he should look inhouse if he wants to talk about other clubs supporters not challenging offensive behaviour.

That song was xenophobic, plain and simple, would Scotland fans challenge this? Or is it different because it's England?

1 minute ago, Kris Boyd said:

In response to the 2nd quote from by vanderark and your earlier statemnet that I would not be able to find any anti Rangers statements by you: The other 3 quotes including one by you are proof of anti-Rangers statements on this thread alone. I did not have to look very far. When I started reading this thread my first thoughts were where is vanderark, Ersats Thistle, Rossy et al. They will be along soon to attack the Rangers supporters. You did not fail to deliver, so predictable. You and a select few have been doing it for years mate. Can we just focus on supporting Scotland and leave the club shite out of it?

you're a precious wee lad aren't you, that response was a response to a guy who called me a cockend, I think I was quite reserved with that response and I disagree this is not anti rangers, its having a go at a guy for calling me a cockend.

18 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The gift that keeps on giving :lol::lol: And believe me I do challenge this minority (and it is a minority) of Rangers fans at every opportunity. Just like I challenge the minority of the Scotland support (as I have done on this thread) who bring their hate for Rangers into the TA/Scotland support.