Scotland fans booing their own players - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland fans booing their own players

GRBear

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

you're a precious wee lad aren't you, that response was a response to a guy who called me a cockend, I think I was quite reserved with that response and I disagree this is not anti rangers, its having a go at a guy for calling me a cockend.

As I said mate, you have being doing it for years but I have a life and will not waste precious time that I could spend with my family trawling through threads to prove to you or anyone else what I have seen for years with my own eyes. I have no problem if you hate Rangers but leave it out when on a Scotland side. We are all here for the same reason. Love of Scotland. Everyone regardless of the club they support should feel welcome when supporting Scotland. And just to clarify, I hate the bigots and Scotland haters amongst the Rangers support as much as you or anyone else but don't punish the rest of us because of them. As I said, I challenge them at every opportunity.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, BraveheartGordon said:

On the train to the game on Saturday not one Scotland fan challenged a song about ''hating the fu**ing English''

If that isn't intolerance towards someone's nationality then I don't know what is

Its the social norm (rightly or wrongly) not to challenge offensive songs by fellow supporters.

So anti-Irish and anti-Catholic ethnic hatred is fine by you ? :wtf:

As a Scotland fan of English and Irish descent I detest any idiot amongst our support singling out another nation for xenophobic treatment.

I can remember witnessing idiots get put in their place by other fans in the stands against Faroes Islands game at Celtic Park and against Italy at Hampden in 2005.

12 minutes ago, Kris Boyd said:

The gift that keeps on giving :lol::lol: And believe me I do challenge this minority (and it is a minority) of Rangers fans at every opportunity. Just like I challenge the minority of the Scotland support (as I have done on this thread) who bring their hate for Rangers into the TA/Scotland support. 

Many of you think your club is the cornerstone of Scottish football, a special entity that should be immune from criticism by others. Well they are not a special case and will take the same flak like other clubs have done in the past. 

Give my love to all the foaming at the mouth orange bigots over on Rangurzmeeja btw. 

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

As a Scotland fan of English and Irish descent I detest any idiot amongst our support singling out another nation for xenophobic treatment.

I can remember witnessing idiots get put in their place by other fans in the stands against Faroes Islands game at Celtic Park and against Italy at Hampden in 2005.

Many of you think your club is the cornerstone of Scottish football, a special entity that should be immune from criticism by others. Well they are not a special case and will take the same flak like other clubs have done in the passed. 

Give my love to all the foaming at the mouth orange bigots over on Rangurzmeeja btw. 

That's so precious.

37 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

you could well be right, the problem with social media is it gives a minority a very loud voice

Very reasonable statements this and your previous post. There are Rangers supporters who love Scotland and Rangers and I believe they are by far the majority. Social media gives the idiots in both supports a very loud voice and causes further division. 

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Many of you think your club is the cornerstone of Scottish football, a special entity that should be immune from criticism by others. Well they are not a special case and will take the same flak like other clubs have done in the passed. 

Where did he say that anti-Irish and anti-Catholic ethnic hatred is fine? Criticism is fine but leave it for the club boards. This is a place for people to come together and support Scotland. Some would like to drive some out of the Scotland support by making sweeping generalizations about the supporters of one club. Scotland is a team for everyone including those who follow the Old Firm. Can't stand those idiots on Rangers Media, would not give them the hits. Your behaviour on here has more in common with them than it does the average Rangers supporter who can't stand them and love Scotland. Hatred should have no place amongst followers of Scotland. Club allegiances should be set aside. Can we please focus on Scotland on here and leave club teams out of it?

1 minute ago, Kris Boyd said:

Where did he say that anti-Irish and anti-Catholic ethnic hatred is fine? Criticism is fine but leave it for the club boards. This is a place for people to come together and support Scotland. Some would like to drive some out of the Scotland support by making sweeping generalizations about the supporters of one club. Scotland is a team for everyone including those who follow the Old Firm. Can't stand those idiots on Rangers Media, would not give them the hits. Your behaviour on here has more in common with them than it does the average Rangers supporter who can't stand them and love Scotland. Hatred should have no place amongst followers of Scotland. Club allegiances should be set aside. Can we please focus on Scotland on here and leave club teams out of it?

Your upset because Rangers are being criticised and you think they are above criticism.

Bet if we were having a critical discussion on Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts you'd join in.

8 minutes ago, Kris Boyd said:

As I said mate, you have being doing it for years but I have a life and will not waste precious time that I could spend with my family trawling through threads to prove to you or anyone else what I have seen for years with my own eyes. I have no problem if you hate Rangers but leave it out when on a Scotland side. We are all here for the same reason. Love of Scotland. Everyone regardless of the club they support should feel welcome when supporting Scotland. And just to clarify, I hate the bigots and Scotland haters amongst the Rangers support as much as you or anyone else but don't punish the rest of us because of them. As I said, I challenge them at every opportunity.

you really are delusional 

now I have apparently been hating rangers for years, you've got me sussed. My entire life revolves around hating rangers, its all I think about :lol::lol:

Wrong, I criticize Rangers and the minority of bigots or the idiots who turn against the national team. I totally understand why they would piss you off because they piss me off. However, my point is that there are good guys amongst every support who follow Scotland. They do not deserve to be painted with the same brush as the rest of the idiots. IE: Associated with "the foaming at the mouth orange bigots over on Rangurzmeeja" And, no I would not join in with criticism of other clubs or their supporters on here. I believe that clubs should be left out of it on TA specific. I would be of the same opinion regardless of which supporters were being attacked. It is divisive and has it place .........on club forums. Not on a site for Scotland supporters. 

30 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

ISo anti-Irish and anti-Catholic ethnic hatred is fine by you ? :wtf:

Many of you think your club is the cornerstone of Scottish football, a special entity that should be immune from criticism by others. Well they are not a special case and will take the same flak like other clubs have done in the past. 

Where did I say anti Irish or anti-catholic behaviour is fine?!!!!!!!

Its appalling of you to claim that from my post.

My post was about social norms, most won't challenge people in their own support singing offensive songs, whether its Scotland, Rangers or any other team.

Considering your the one moaning about ''foaming at the mouth orange bigots'' and making assumptions about my club allegiances I think its clear who the one with an intolerance of others is.

Edited by BraveheartGordon

16 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Your upset because Rangers are being criticised and you think they are above criticism.

Bet if we were having a critical discussion on Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts you'd join in.

This thread has become comedy gold.

Kris Boyd has been watching me for years.:lol::lol:

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

you really are delusional 

now I have apparently been hating rangers for years, you've got me sussed. My entire life revolves around hating rangers, its all I think about :lol::lol:

You have singled out Rangers supporters or anyone coming to the defence of the club for pretty shitty treatment for years.... fact. Never said I had you sussed, what your life revolves around or said it is all you think about. But let's just make shit up to deflect from the facts. While you are at it why don't you ignore all the statements I said about my opinion of those who are bigots, turn on their national team or any of the other statements that pointed to the reasonable conclusion that we as a support should be inclusive and leave club rivalry out following Scotland because it is divisive and drives people away. Are you capable of that or does the fact that I support Rangers make you incapable recognizing reasonable statements or what we have in common?

Yes that's correct, I've singled out rangers fans for years or anyone coming to there defence. That's 100% correct FACT:lol:

This is now beyond funny, almost to the point where I find myself feeling sorry for you.....................almost. 

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This thread has become comedy gold.

Kris Boyd has been watching me for years.:lol::lol:

Keep deflecting. As I thought, not capable of recognizing any reasonable statements referred to in my previous post because of who I support. Your treatment of fellow Scotland supporters who support one particular club or come to the defence of one particular club has stood out like a sore thumb for years. 

2 minutes ago, Kris Boyd said:

Keep deflecting. As I thought, not capable of recognizing any reasonable statements referred to in my previous post because of who I support. Your treatment of fellow Scotland supporters who support one particular club or come to the defence of one particular club has stood out like a sore thumb for years. 

still waiting for you to provde evidence of these many attacks by me on rangers supporters.....................

Why would I need to recognise reasonable statements when your first statements are accusing me of something with nothing to back it up?, do you need me to congratulate you on being a normal human being? Well done, you don't like bigots, happy now?

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes that's correct, I've singled out rangers fans for years or anyone coming to there defence. That's 100% correct FACT:lol:

This is now beyond funny, almost to the point where I find myself feeling sorry for you.....................almost. 

Keep deflecting. Are you not capable of forming a fair and balanced view? You have a Rangers supporter who is holding his hands up, criticizing the idiots in his own support and challenging them at every opportunity while at the same time making a fair statement on sweeping generalizations(stereotyping), the divisions they cause and how this is best left off a site for Scotland supporters. However, you have yet to form an intelligent, reasonable response nor have you owned any of your own behavior and where that comes from. I understand where it comes from, I just think it is unfair to paint all supporters with one brush and make them feel unwelcome when they are the ones amongst that particular support who still support Scotland and are trying to follow there national team just like you.

Keep deflecting. Are you not capable of forming a fair and balanced view? You have a Rangers supporter who is holding his hands up, criticizing the idiots in his own support and challenging them at every opportunity while at the same time making a fair statement on sweeping generalizations(stereotyping), the divisions they cause and how this is best left off a site for Scotland supporters. However, you have yet to form an intelligent, reasonable response nor have you owned any of your own behavior and where that comes from. I understand where it comes from, I just think it is unfair to paint all supporters with one brush and make them feel unwelcome when they are the ones amongst that particular support who still support Scotland and are trying to follow there national team just like you.

Whats relevance does you cirticising idiots in your support have to this discussion? 

What behavior of mine requires owning? please provide evidence of these so called attacks?

The attacks have come from your equally precious pal when he called me a cockend, the only reason he did this is because I questioned him, just like you he couldn't prove any of his accusations..................putting fact at the end of the sentence doesn't make it true

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

still waiting for you to provde evidence of these many attacks by me on rangers supporters.....................

Why would I need to recognise reasonable statements when your first statements are accusing me of something with nothing to back it up?, do you need me to congratulate you on being a normal human being? Well done, you don't like bigots, happy now?

A common response from you. Knowing all to well that people don't have tome to trawl through threads because they have a life. I know the truth. If you can't recognize it, it is you who are delusional. I for one will not waste my time trawling through threads to confirm my experience. I am sure there are may others on this site who have seen it for themselves. I have wasted enough of my time, I am out of here for today.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Whats relevance does you cirticising idiots in your support have to this discussion? 

What behavior of mine requires owning? please provide evidence of these so called attacks?

The attacks have come from your equally precious pal when he called me a cockend, the only reason he did this is because I questioned him, just like you he couldn't prove any of his accusations..................putting fact at the end of the sentence doesn't make it true

We will have to agree to disagree mate I am out of time.

Just now, Kris Boyd said:

A common response from you. Knowing all to well that people don't have tome to trawl through threads because they have a life. I know the truth. If you can't recognize it, it is you who are delusional. I for one will not waste my time trawling through threads to confirm my experience. I am sure there are may others on this site who have seen it for themselves. I have wasted enough of my time, I am out of here for today.

1 hour ago you said you have precious time to spend with family instead of trawling through this site.............for the last hour you have continued to reply to me and others so you obviously do have time. During that time you could have easily ended the debate by providing proof that I have attacked rangers fans for years :lol:

if others feel the same way I am sure they are big enough to come out and say it. The truth is that you and the others who have had a go  at me on this thread have nothing to back up your accusations of an anti rangers feeling among the Scotland support. Do you genuinely expect me to be to be nice to you when your first ever reply to me was personal abuse? 

2 minutes ago, Kris Boyd said:

We will have to agree to disagree mate I am out of time.

in short, you made up lies and can't back up your point.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

1 hour ago you said you have precious time to spend with family instead of trawling through this site.............for the last hour you have continued to reply to me and others so you obviously do have time. During that time you could have easily ended the debate by providing proof that I have attacked rangers fans for years :lol:

if others feel the same way I am sure they are big enough to come out and say it. The truth is that you and the others who have had a go  at me on this thread have nothing to back up your accusations of an anti rangers feeling among the Scotland support. Do you genuinely expect me to be to be nice to you when your first ever reply to me was personal abuse? 

in short, you made up lies and can't back up your point.

Oh you don't mess with vanderarse14.