This Weekends Games - Page 46 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

On 07/12/2016 at 5:49 PM, Mox said:

He's improved aye, but he's such a clumsy footballer and in all honesty, if we want to compete in Europe guys like Armstrong should be nowhere near the starting 11.

On 07/12/2016 at 5:49 PM, Mox said:

He's improved aye, but he's such a clumsy footballer and in all honesty, if we want to compete in Europe guys like Armstrong should be nowhere near the starting 11.

I see the clumsy f@cker scored another two for you last night. :rolleyes:

Display being compared with that of petrov in his day.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

New managers always win their first game. It's an unwritten footballing rule, so I would lump on Hearts today if I was you (which I'm not).

We have not lost at home under Warburton which we have in our favour, I suppose, but I'm not confident.

Hearts look great value at 16/5.

5 hours ago, ShedTA said:

I see the clumsy f@cker scored another two for you last night. :rolleyes:

Display being compared with that of petrov in his day.

Who the compared him to Petrov? When Armstrong plays regularly at as high a level as Petrov did then a comparison is fair. Scoring two against Thistle is great but at the highest level he's not good enough for us, it's as simple as that.

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

Who the compared him to Petrov? When Armstrong plays regularly at as high a level as Petrov did then a comparison is fair. Scoring two against Thistle is great but at the highest level he's not good enough for us, it's as simple as that.

too clumsy? 

Just now, ShedTA said:

too clumsy? 

He's clumsy as aye. As I said, it's all well and good playing and scoring against fodder like Thistle, but in Europe he's been truly awful. The only reason he's getting a run in the team is because our options in central midfield are so limited. If we have ambitions to improve in Europe, players like Armstrong should be nowhere near the team.

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

McInnes' tactical tombola has spat out Ryan Jack at right back today (I assume, from the line up). 

Dons twitter says Logan has a knock so maybe not too mental a change.

Edited by wee-toon-red

Tremendous performance by us today against Hearts. Chalk and cheese from 10 days ago.

2 games at home where we've battered our closest rivals for 2nd. Garner may not be scoring goals but he absolutely batters defenders and doesn't give them a minute. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see us beat celtic at home on hogmanay. 

9 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Turgid dross at the Pitt o' dreams as Saints tactics of scrapping and booting Maddison around pay off with a point. 

Guff. 

Is there ever a team that don't "boot/kick/cheat" against the Famous in your eyes? :lol:

36 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Turgid dross at the Pitt o' dreams as Saints tactics of scrapping and booting Maddison around pay off with a point. 

Guff. 

Interesting, as my old man said Saints were the better team and were probably unlucky not to win. He said Aberdeen were route 1 and physical most the time, whilst Saints played some decent stuff.