This Weekends Games - Page 47 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Nelly said:

Interesting, as my old man said Saints were the better team and were probably unlucky not to win. He said Aberdeen were route 1 and physical most the time, whilst Saints played some decent stuff. 

I'd say St Johnstone edged it, but overall both teams deserved to lose.

Awful game of football. 

Saints played well the last 10 minutes when they decided to change from a 10-0-0 to a semi attacking formation and would've won it hadn't lewis tipped a free kick on to the post. 

Aberdeen could still be there now and not score. 

On the plus side,Kenny McLean played 2 raking passes today,which will probably get him the captaincy,extended contract and testimonial. 

Arsehole that he is. 

Guest BlueGaz

Mckay was awesome - totally took the piss out of paterson.  Garner was also great today, beat the CBs for almost everything.  Being picky, wee bit disappointed at 2-0 with millar through on the keeper and waghorn also through on the keeper, plus all the other chances we had, but points the most important thing.  And Aberdeen were shit again, so all in all, good day at the races.

Hard game next week, easy 3 points for xmas then a couple of hard games after.  hoping for 9 points for remainder of month.

Edited by BlueGaz

1 hour ago, Nelly said:

Interesting, as my old man said Saints were the better team and were probably unlucky not to win. He said Aberdeen were route 1 and physical most the time, whilst Saints played some decent stuff. 

I presume your auld man is senile, 95 year old, and a hun.

Poor stuff at Pittodrie.

St Johnstone set out to strangle the game and hope to snatch something on the break. Nearly worked but their pretty physical approach didn't deserve 3 points.

No wonder foreign teams always think games against Scottish teams will be physical. Today not the first time that has been the exact approach used to stop Hayes and Maddison in particular.

Finally special mention to ref Clancy. Blowing for half time as a team is in the act of shooting was just crazy. 

3 hours ago, Debian said:

Tremendous performance by us today against Hearts. Chalk and cheese from 10 days ago.

2 games at home where we've battered our closest rivals for 2nd. Garner may not be scoring goals but he absolutely batters defenders and doesn't give them a minute. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see us beat celtic at home on hogmanay. 

I'm not saying you might not win, but what evidence in celtics performances and rangers performances have you seen to suggest this? I think it will be a tough game but we would need to be very slack to not get at least a draw. Our record at ibrox isn't great but if celtic were to ever go into a game v rangers expecting a win, it's now. Rangers have obviously been better the last few weeks, but there's still a few games till Hogmanay, so be interesting to see how they kick on.

Guest BlueGaz
8 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

I'm not saying you might not win, but what evidence in celtics performances and rangers performances have you seen to suggest this? I think it will be a tough game but we would need to be very slack to not get at least a draw. Our record at ibrox isn't great but if celtic were to ever go into a game v rangers expecting a win, it's now. Rangers have obviously been better the last few weeks, but there's still a few games till Hogmanay, so be interesting to see how they kick on.

We have only played well for 2 games - which is hopefully a corner being turned, but only in regards to the level we are at at the moment, ie, battling for 2nd with Hearts and Aberdeen.  It would take you having an off day and us playing very well to beat you just now and all the stars we can think of being aligned.  Joking aside, we are not close to beating you but I don't think it will be as big a gap as the last league game.  But as i said, we have only played well in 2 games so far, and 3 to go before meeting tims.

16 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Twelve unbeaten now for United.   Mind you, they were pretty woeful today and Ayr probably deserved the wIn.  Who cares though, eh?   Haven't lost a goal in eight hours - been a while since awe could say something like that. 

Sounds like you've found your level.

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Predictable sheepy game feedback on the TAMB. :lol:

It doesn't matter what team plays Aberdeen. They all come to defend/hack/strangle a game. 

Aye, it's annoying - means games at Pittodrie are a bit pish.

At least Killie gave it a go, although the result suggested they should have done a St Johnstone instead.

Just now, deecie said:

Aye, it's annoying - means games at Pittodrie are a bit pish.

At least Killie gave it a go, although the result suggested they should have done a St Johnstone instead.

When was the last time you lot beat us at Pittodrie? 4-5 games ago? 

1 hour ago, wembley67lisbon said:

I totally agree with you buddy. It's one where we aren't favourites and you are well ahead at the moment. I think for us, it's more of a must win not only in terms of confidence, but to give us a measure of where we are.  

The 5-1 game was brutal for us, and it's more of optimism than of expectation. 

1 hour ago, Debian said:

I totally agree with you buddy. It's one where we aren't favourites and you are well ahead at the moment. I think for us, it's more of a must win not only in terms of confidence, but to give us a measure of where we are.  

The 5-1 game was brutal for us, and it's more of optimism than of expectation. 

Fair enough mate.

think my ticket is right beside the corner, I'll be fizzing if we don't win on our return haha, just because we are unbeaten and are playing pretty well in most games. Even though we are so far ahead, almost feel like there's more pressure on celtic! Rangers fans may be expecting a win, but even a point would be a good result.