This Weekends Games - Page 45 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

I'm delighted to see that Lustig is fit and well tonight, after that life threatening, career ending tackle he got on Saturday.

The most pathetic thing that happened at the weekend was the sheepworriers latest shameful attempt at Ibrox ?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

An absolute scutching for Killie tonight after the optimism of the weekend :(

Up until the opening goal Killie looked pretty decent, then again after the 4th.

No shame in losing to the Famous.

Edited by deecie

9 hours ago, deecie said:

Up until the opening goal Killie looked pretty decent, then again after the 4th.

No shame in losing to the Famous.

I thought we were looking good until we lost the defected opener. Lost sloppy goals after that though. Was a long journey home! 

Felt like a reserve game at times though! 

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I thought we were looking good until we lost the defected opener. Lost sloppy goals after that though. Was a long journey home! 

Felt like a reserve game at times though! 

That's fair comment. Pawlett meant the deflection though.

Thought your number 8 was very good. 

We took our chances.  That and Johnny Hayes was outstanding again is about all I can say.  McInnes claiming it was an "outstanding performance" isn't exactly the sort of measured response i was hoping from him.  

Killie looked pretty good until the goal (wasn't a deflection, Pawlett actually did quite well). Killie then finished the game well.

Most concerning thing is that McInnes started with yet another changed back 4, which he proceeded to change 4 times during the game.  Not learning from mistakes.

Banker bet at weekend on Motherwell to beat Killie on Saturday, great odds, Killie be down after that result and Motherwell will be fresh with no mid week game.  think its a banker :>)

Motherwell are odds on, so not very good value given how erratic our form is.

Aberdeen have a real hoodoo over Killie, so wouldn't read too much into that result.

one thing I have noticed is that several of the teams in the middle to bottom are a bit sugar or shite, so tight games can swing one way or other and end up a pumping.

Teams don't seem to win or lose by 1 goal, there's been loads of big margins, so maybe pick your team and go -1 to add value.....

20 hours ago, slasher said:

Terrific performance from Stuart Armstrong tonight. He hasn't half turned things around, all credit to the manager for that ?

He's improved aye, but he's such a clumsy footballer and in all honesty, if we want to compete in Europe guys like Armstrong should be nowhere near the starting 11.

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

He's improved aye, but he's such a clumsy footballer and in all honesty, if we want to compete in Europe guys like Armstrong should be nowhere near the starting 11.

Clumsy? He hardly wasted a pass last night, helped set up two great chances and has been scoring regularly and performing to a high standard lately.

I'm not sure what more you want from him? We've got to develop the one or two gems we have and he definitely has potential imo

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Teams don't seem to win or lose by 1 goal, there's been loads of big margins, so maybe pick your team and go -1 to add value.....

Never checked the Thistle results, did ye :lol:

It's likely we'll lose by more than the odd goal on our next outing. 

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

I'm hoping they've been lulled into a false sense of security by Ade Azeez's inability to hit a barn door and they give Toure and Ambrose a start................................

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

Despite their overall excellent domestic form and emphatic wins at parkhead, most of celtics away wins have been by a single goal.

From what I've seen prior to Saturday they had scored, dominated, but failed to put games to bed.

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:07 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Our record at Fir Park is decent. 

Still think Motherwell will win comfortable on Saturday mate, have only put £35 on them as a single, got just over evens so double your money before Christmas :>)

4 hours ago, Geed said:

Still think Motherwell will win comfortable on Saturday mate, have only put £35 on them as a single, got just over evens so double your money before Christmas :>)

You'd be better spending that £35 on going to Fir Park every now and again.

You might win but we're above you in the league and whilst i may up looking daft, i wouldn't bet on anyone outwith the top 4 beating any of the others comfortably. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You might win but we're above you in the league and whilst i may up looking daft, i wouldn't bet on anyone outwith the top 4 beating any of the others comfortably. 

I have to agree. Outwith the top 4, maybe even include stjohnstone, but certainly 6-12 could all win or lose 3-0 on any given weekend.

33 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I'm worried about tomorrow - could win - could get humped - who knows !!!

Rangers home record is pretty solid, although it perhaps doesn't tell the full story.

Hearts @ 5/2 look a decent bet given they beat rangers pretty well less than 2 weeks ago.

I'd forgotten we were playing Rangers tomorrow until I saw the story in the Record this morning linking one of our players with a transfer move. It is a hard game to call, a lot having happened in the relatively short period since we won so comfortably at Tynecastle. Rangers have home advantage and, presumably, have restored confidence after beating Aberdeen. I'd say a 1-1 draw looks a possibility, although difficult to guess at the effect of the change of manager.