This Weekends Games - Page 113 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

:lol:

Aye I have my fears but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. 

On the point of the match no idea what to expect (apart from the obvious) but it was refreshing to hear Robinson talk quite positively about the game and not playing against 'the badge' and what we can do as opposed to "oh its a big occasion etc"

Same as previous games I expect, you will sit in and try to hit on the break whenever you can.  Sort of / nearly been successful before.  Be interesting for me to see if there are more changes now that PC has had a wee bit longer to put his stamp on things.  The first game was obviously very positive.  1-0 will do me.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

I'd happily take those set of results. 

Off to Ibrox tomorrow in with the prawn sandwich brigade. Not entirely sure what to expect. Don't think i'll have to worry too much about being caught out celebrating a goal :lol:

Done it at your team's ground in 2000 for the 3-3 draw. Was only 15 at the time so didn't get any hassle, even got Ged Brannan to sign my programme :lol:

Have also done it at Pittodrie, Rugby park and Tynecastle. The first two were fine other than getting called some nasty names and having a coke cup thrown at me at Aberdeen. The latter though, never ever ever again.

I'm off to the two biggest games this weekend. Tonight at Dens and Sunday at Tynecastle. Hoping for a Dons/Hearts double to postpone the inevitable title win for at least another few days.

I heard on the radio this morning that winning the league with 9 games to go would be a new record (and no wonder, only dropping 4 points all season is incredible) but does anyone know what the current record is? 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I heard on the radio this morning that winning the league with 9 games to go would be a new record (and no wonder, only dropping 4 points all season is incredible) but does anyone know what the current record is? 

Quite possibly the Celtic team of 2003/4, or I seem to remember Rangers winning it really early in the 1999/0 season. We drew at home to Hibs to make it mathematically impossible while they were playing the following day.

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm off to the two biggest games this weekend. Tonight at Dens and Sunday at Tynecastle. Hoping for a Dons/Hearts double to postpone the inevitable title win for at least another few days.

Do you mean in Scotland specifically? If so, i'd imagine it would be. In European terms, did PSG not win the league in mid march last season?

20 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Quite possibly the Celtic team of 2003/4, or I seem to remember Rangers winning it really early in the 1999/0 season. We drew at home to Hibs to make it mathematically impossible while they were playing the following day.

I can't see clarification online of when Celtic won it that year, i see they won 25 games in a row though. So i'd guess it must be that season!

6 minutes ago, Mox said:

Do you mean in Scotland specifically? If so, i'd imagine it would be. In European terms, did PSG not win the league in mid march last season?

Yeah, i just meant Scotland. I didn't know what the record in Scotland is. I mean games left. Using the calendar could be a bit misleading. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I can't see clarification online of when Celtic won it that year, i see they won 25 games in a row though. So i'd guess it must be that season!

We won it down at Rugby park in April with probably about 6 or 7 games left. 

We had actually been unbeaten in the league up until then and lost our first match as champions, you might even have been there as it was against Aberdeen at Celtic Park. That's why i can't see us staying unbeaten, performances drop after the league is won, perhaps subconsciously, but they definitely do.

18 minutes ago, Mox said:

Hearts the Championship quite early on in March when they won it. Not sure how many games were left but have to imagine there was a few. It wasn't the top flight right enough but still impressive.

32 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

We won it down at Rugby park in April with probably about 6 or 7 games left. 

We had actually been unbeaten in the league up until then and lost our first match as champions, you might even have been there as it was against Aberdeen at Celtic Park. That's why i can't see us staying unbeaten, performances drop after the league is won, perhaps subconsciously, but they definitely do.

You might need to do your old pals in the north a favour and let us beat you to ensure we finish above Rangers :lol: 

Just now, Parklife said:

You might need to do your old pals in the north a favour and let us beat you to ensure we finish above Rangers :lol: 

Follow Follow and all those other hun sites seem to think that's inevitable :lol:

Can remember a similar situation in 2006 with the old rangers chasing Hearts for the CL place. We went to Tynecastle and got horsed 3-0, but Hearts had a good team at the time, and like I say performances drop after you win the league.

5 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Done it at your team's ground in 2000 for the 3-3 draw. Was only 15 at the time so didn't get any hassle, even got Ged Brannan to sign my programme :lol:

Have also done it at Pittodrie, Rugby park and Tynecastle. The first two were fine other than getting called some nasty names and having a coke cup thrown at me at Aberdeen. The latter though, never ever ever again.

Shit.

Sorry, hope it wasn't the Pittodrie experience that were the start of your problems...