This Weekends Games - Page 32 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, slasher said:

I'm really not. The Huns attempt to demonise the term hun is a yawn fest.

As both socially and legally established, a Hun is a Rangers fan. Glad to clear that up for you Debbie ?

I think the line gets blurry when people call Hearts fans mini huns/diet huns/edinburgh huns. What do they mean by that?

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't know any huns who find being called a hun offensive.

Me neither, and I am one !!  I think it is just a myth that people like to chuck at others and think/hope it will be offensive or get a bite - normally tims, but not always -  bit like slasher above.  But its really not.  

6 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Me neither, and I am one !!  I think it is just a myth that people like to chuck at others and think/hope it will be offensive or get a bite - normally tims, but not always -  bit like slasher above.  But its really not.  

There are a few but you would need to look on FF or rangers media to find them. 

23 hours ago, OLAS said:

Sad but very true.

Gordon had probably his best game for Thistle yesterday but was caught out of position too many times.

If he thinks he's on to a big move after this season, he's on to plums.

Three games in a row Archie has changed the formation. And we've lost those three games in a row after two good performances and results.

Now we sit in the unfortunate position of bottom... but one win away from 6th.

If we get a settled team, we will move up the table.  Of that I'm sure.

Really need to win at Hamilton next week although it has draw written all over it.

These last minute defeats are killing us though.

For me, the Rangers equaliser hurt more than the winner, because as soon as that went in I knew we'd end up losing the game.  At the moment we'd have to be at least two up going into injury for me to be confident of not getting beat!

I'm biased, but Thistle did not deserve to lose that game.  A draw would have been reasonable.

4 hours ago, scotlad said:

For me, the Rangers equaliser hurt more than the winner, because as soon as that went in I knew we'd end up losing the game.  At the moment we'd have to be at least two up going into injury for me to be confident of not getting beat!

I'm biased, but Thistle did not deserve to lose that game.  A draw would have been reasonable.

Very biased. ????

44 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

A draw would not have been fair, OLAS.

Sevco all wearing Dick Turpin masks is fair, however.

Still not received any correspondence from the streaming company or PTFC after the will we/won't we stream it.  

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I can't remember the last Rangers game I watched where I could say hand on heart that we deserved to win.  Probably the cup semi against Celtic in April!!

I think we have deserved to win a few games this season imo, but most of them have ended up in draws. Most of the games we have won we have been fortunate and a draw was probably a fair result.

14 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

I think we have deserved to win a few games this season imo, but most of them have ended up in draws. Most of the games we have won we have been fortunate and a draw was probably a fair result.

To be fair I've only been to about 3 games this season.  It speaks volumes when a couple of pints and watching MK Dons burst your coupon is a more appealing option than going to game that you've already bought your ticket for!!!

Just now, Fairbairn said:

To be fair I've only been to about 3 games this season.  It speaks volumes when a couple of pints and watching MK Dons burst your coupon is a more appealing option than going to game that you've already bought your ticket for!!!

What's the turn off? Serious question btw, not my usual smart arsed one... 

Style of football under Warburton not so effective stepping up a division? What's the reasoning? 

43 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What's the turn off? Serious question btw, not my usual smart arsed one... 

Style of football under Warburton not so effective stepping up a division? What's the reasoning? 

They're not walking over teams and challenging celtic for the title:lol:

Edited by vanderark14

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

Still not received any correspondence from the streaming company or PTFC after the will we/won't we stream it.  

Didn't the same thing happen with the recent Aberdeen game?

Could it have something to do with the game being on BT or Sky creating a rights issue for streaming?

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They're not walking over teams and challenging celtic for the title:lol:

We didn't walk over teams when Hearts beat us to the title and I kept my ticket after that. 

In answer to Parkie I think I've just got bored with it.  I'e had my season ticket for about 25 years now and I suppose there comes a point where you just get a bit fed up.  I was ready for jacking it in the season we went in to Admin but got persuaded by my mate to keep them one more year.  When it then all went tits up it felt like there was an obligation to keep them on and put some money in to the club (not to mention being part of the "Journey"...).

For the years we were in D2 & D1 it was really touch and go whether we would keep them or not with the 2 of us taking it turn about to persuade the other to renew and then regretting it about 3 games in as the football was utterly abysmal.  Then we got to last season and a new board, new manager and some light at the end of the tunnel.  We made an agreement with another mate that we'd split the 2 tickets 3 ways meaning we "only" had to go to 12 games per season rather than 18.  As I'd been averaging about 9-10 games a season that seemed like a better idea and it did work quite well.

We've done the same again this season but again we had to persuade ourselves we wanted to renew with the main reason being it's an excuse to catch up with mates at the weekend rather than particularly wanting to go to the game.  There was also that feeling that as we'd came all the way through the leagues it would have been silly not to be there for the first season back.  I reckon I should have been to about 6 or 7 games this season and I've been to 2 or 3.  Last weekend I just didn't bother going rather than have a specific reason not to.  I'll go to the Aberdeen game on Saturday and I reckon that'll be me till after New Year.  I'm pretty sure we won't be renewing next season and will probably just try and pick a few games a season to go as one offs and actually try and enjoy it rather than feel like it's a bit of a grind.

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We didn't walk over teams when Hearts beat us to the title and I kept my ticket after that. 

In answer to Parkie I think I've just got bored with it.  I'e had my season ticket for about 25 years now and I suppose there comes a point where you just get a bit fed up.  I was ready for jacking it in the season we went in to Admin but got persuaded by my mate to keep them one more year.  When it then all went tits up it felt like there was an obligation to keep them on and put some money in to the club (not to mention being part of the "Journey"...).

For the years we were in D2 & D1 it was really touch and go whether we would keep them or not with the 2 of us taking it turn about to persuade the other to renew and then regretting it about 3 games in as the football was utterly abysmal.  Then we got to last season and a new board, new manager and some light at the end of the tunnel.  We made an agreement with another mate that we'd split the 2 tickets 3 ways meaning we "only" had to go to 12 games per season rather than 18.  As I'd been averaging about 9-10 games a season that seemed like a better idea and it did work quite well.

We've done the same again this season but again we had to persuade ourselves we wanted to renew with the main reason being it's an excuse to catch up with mates at the weekend rather than particularly wanting to go to the game.  There was also that feeling that as we'd came all the way through the leagues it would have been silly not to be there for the first season back.  I reckon I should have been to about 6 or 7 games this season and I've been to 2 or 3.  Last weekend I just didn't bother going rather than have a specific reason not to.  I'll go to the Aberdeen game on Saturday and I reckon that'll be me till after New Year.  I'm pretty sure we won't be renewing next season and will probably just try and pick a few games a season to go as one offs and actually try and enjoy it rather than feel like it's a bit of a grind.

No worries. Thanks for the answer. I was just wondering if it was a direct result of something that was or wasn't happening on the pitch. Sounds like it's more deep-rooted than that. 

Hope you have a shite time on Saturday and are thinking "why do i bother?" at 5pm ;) 

49 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Didn't the same thing happen with the recent Aberdeen game?

Could it have something to do with the game being on BT or Sky creating a rights issue for streaming?

Apparently because Sky UK had the rights to it,  they didn't stream the Thistle v Rangers game on Saturday...  but, https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/rangers-live-stream/ - we advertised it as being streamed! 

I emailed to ask what was going on.  

They claimed because it's on Sky, they can't show it.    Yet Celtic TV regularly stream games when it's live on Sky.   I let them know this and miraculously the stream started around 70 minutes in. 

Not streaming it because it's on Sky UK defeats the whole bloody point of allowing supporters outside of the UK and Ireland to watch the games on the website.   Muppets. 

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No worries. Thanks for the answer. I was just wondering if it was a direct result of something that was or wasn't happening on the pitch. Sounds like it's more deep-rooted than that. 

Hope you have a shite time on Saturday and are thinking "why do i bother?" at 5pm ;) 

I have no doubt that I will.  1-0 Aberdeen would be my bet.  I also fancy Hearts to turn us over tomorrow night. :(

39 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I have no doubt that I will.  1-0 Aberdeen would be my bet.  I also fancy Hearts to turn us over tomorrow night. :(

Although they've dropped a load of points at Ibrox, they have rarely actually lost.

The pessimistic predictions on the MFC forums Scottish cup thread point out you have 1 loss at Ibrox since we won in the play off. (St Johnstone in the cup).

1 hour ago, OLAS said:

Apparently because Sky UK had the rights to it,  they didn't stream the Thistle v Rangers game on Saturday...  but, https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/rangers-live-stream/ - we advertised it as being streamed! 

I emailed to ask what was going on.  

They claimed because it's on Sky, they can't show it.    Yet Celtic TV regularly stream games when it's live on Sky.   I let them know this and miraculously the stream started around 70 minutes in. 

Not streaming it because it's on Sky UK defeats the whole bloody point of allowing supporters outside of the UK and Ireland to watch the games on the website.   Muppets. 

I'm almost certain RedTV shows Aberdeen games live even when they're on UK TV.

8 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Just a big game supporter then??

:D