This Weekends Games - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely piss poor. If McGeouch is playing then he should be taking the penalties. He doesn't give a fück, he just toe bashes them right into the back of the net. I don't like slating Martin Boyle because it's obvious he gives 100% week in week out but he simply isn't good enough consistently. If football didn't involve touching the ball then he'd be at Real Madrid. I've said it since day one he's not good enough, certainly not good as a striker for Hibs. I don't call him jigsaw for the sake of it

Absolutely fücking ragin

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Fcking awful at Dens, couldnt score to save himself. Surprised you guys signed him.

He's a winger if anything. He's hopeless inside the box. Against Queen of the South he should have had us 5-0 up at half time. I'm not saying Cummings would have scored them either right but but a big signing up front is required in January.

The defence is immense. Only 8 goals conceded all this season and of the top of my head 2 of them were penalties 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Fcking awful at Dens, couldnt score to save himself. Surprised you guys signed him.

Also a massive diving cheat.  How Madden didn't book him for his swallow dive in the first half is beyond me.  Pawlett-esque.

I'll accept Fraser dived second half - didn't look like it to me but ref was on the spot.  He must've been unsighted at Boyle's one though cos it was the most outrageous dive I've seen at Tannadice since that Kris Boyd one that won the Oscar a few years ago. 

Also - did Willo Flood not throw a punch at Fatty Holt?  Looked like it to me, thought he was a goner.  And, no red for Fontaine at United's pen?  If being about to shoot in the six yard is not a genuine goal scoring opportunity then what is?  I don't think I understand the rules any more....

Also also - YAS!

Edited by adamntg

7 hours ago, adamntg said:

Also - did Willo Flood not throw a punch at Fatty Holt?  Looked like it to me, thought he was a goner.  And, no red for Fontaine at United's pen?  If being about to shoot in the six yard is not a genuine goal scoring opportunity then what is?  I don't think I understand the rules any more....

Also also - YAS!

It looked like Grant Holt just absolutely lost the plot over nothing much at all. Flood tried to keep the ball off him.

I thought Holt would get a red, he was being physically restrained for a ridiculous length of time and had several goes to get at flood.

Thought the yellow the united player got for the "dive" on the edge of the box was maybe harsh, wasn't a free kick or a dive I thought. Hibs penalty was a stonewaller though. He maybe made the most of it, but definitely a foul.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

It looked like Grant Holt just absolutely lost the plot over nothing much at all. Flood tried to keep the ball off him.

I thought Holt would get a red, he was being physically restrained for a ridiculous length of time and had several goes to get at flood.

Thought the yellow the united player got for the "dive" on the edge of the box was maybe harsh, wasn't a free kick or a dive I thought. Hibs penalty was a stonewaller though. He maybe made the most of it, but definitely a foul.

It seemed like he was raging at the missed penalty. I don't blame him, it's as poor a penalty I've seen 

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It seemed like he was raging at the missed penalty. I don't blame him, it's as poor a penalty I've seen 

Aye, and I think Holt wanted to take it.

amazing how often that happens when there's a debate over who's hitting it!

Quite why it made him want to batter Willo flood, I'm not sure?

:lol:

11 hours ago, adamntg said:

Also a massive diving cheat.  How Madden didn't book him for his swallow dive in the first half is beyond me.  Pawlett-esque.

I'll accept Fraser dived second half - didn't look like it to me but ref was on the spot.  He must've been unsighted at Boyle's one though cos it was the most outrageous dive I've seen at Tannadice since that Kris Boyd one that won the Oscar a few years ago. 

Also also - YAS!

Thought madden was v poor for both side tbh. Sewell as above, why no booking for McGregor taking out flood and then booking for toshney seconds later for same?