Barton - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'll give you injury prone but past it? His contribution on the pitch says you're wrong. 

And unless you know his salary the expensive is a guess.

:lol: Right you are, chief. 

22 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I know we don't play in the same division as Utd but you could at least try and stay in touch with top flight football. After all, you do have an outside chance of promotion. 

Yes, apologies RB. I guess I am just enjoying our own wee journey ( are utd allowed to have a journey too?) I have lost touch a bit. Well they don't even show championship highlights on sportscene any more (wonder why?) So I haven't bothered tuning in at all. 

3 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Yes, apologies RB. I guess I am just enjoying our own wee journey ( are utd allowed to have a journey too?) I have lost touch a bit. Well they don't even show championship highlights on sportscene any more (wonder why?) So I haven't bothered tuning in at all. 

No problem mate, just enjoying yanking your chain a wee bit.

Of course Utd can have a journey but hopefully it's a shorter one than ours. I'm looking forward to stuffing Utd at Ibrox. ?

13 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Of course Utd can have a journey but hopefully it's a shorter one than ours. I'm looking forward to stuffing Utd at Ibrox. ?

At the moment you probably would. But we just need to focus on trying to get back up. If that happens we can then look at strengthening again. A way to go yet.

3 hours ago, deecie said:

As poor as you are, I seriously doubt you'll get relegated this season.

? I thought Shed would have gone for this line but you obviously beat him to it.

Think Rangers are a bit schizophrenic at the minute.  We're good one game and mince the next.

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

? I thought Shed would have gone for this line but you obviously beat him to it.

Think Rangers are a bit schizophrenic at the minute.  We're good one game and mince the next.

Yeh bit slow - just be old age.

21 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Thanks for reminding me of the last Utd game i attended at Ibrox. Off to re-watch ciftci celebrating before netting the third! ?

Barton off on the pat and mick

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/08/joey-barton-rangers-january-transfer-window-burnley

Joey Barton has been signed off from Rangers’ training ground with stress since Friday, with the midfielder’s permanent exit from Ibrox apparently moving closer. Barton may now become a free agent before the transfer window reopens in January.

Barton resumed training, alongside Rangers’ under-20 players, last midweek following a club-imposed suspension in mid-September but was last seen at the complex on Thursday.

Talks are understood to be under way regarding a settlement for the remainder of Barton’s contract, which is worth £20,000 per week and is due to run until the end of the 2017-18 season.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Shame on Rangers for trying to force the guy out.

Yes, because Joey is such a sensitive, gentle little flower.

The guys swinging the lead and it's given Rangers the chance to get rid. He's making it difficult for himself here.

Without knowing what actually happened it's hard to tell who's in the right.

What isn't in doubt many Rangers fans siege mentality has them thinking a few scrappy single goal wins interspersed with a host of draws is good form when it's patchy at best.  Far cry from where they should be and happy to get rid of a proven player in favour of oor Andy.  It's wee team mentality.

Warburton must be happy the attention is on this nonsense and not the fact he's signed a bunch of haddys particularly in defence. 

29 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

What isn't in doubt many Rangers fans siege mentality has them thinking a few scrappy single goal wins interspersed with a host of draws is good form when it's patchy at best.  Far cry from where they should be and happy to get rid of a proven player in favour of oor Andy.  It's wee team mentality.

For all Andy's faults, at least he is fit. Barton hasn't been close to match fit since he arrived.

And nobody in this league can think our form is good, can they ??!!

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Yes, because Joey is such a sensitive, gentle little flower.

The guys swinging the lead and it's given Rangers the chance to get rid. He's making it difficult for himself here.

I'd be surprised if he's cost you less than  £1m since he signed. Wages, sign on fee and pay off.