Scotland Players In Action 2016/17 - Page 43 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action 2016/17

ErsatzThistle

14 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

3-4-3 or 3-5-2 means we need three decent central defenders, most of the time we're struggling to even get two!  The cupboards pretty bare up front but it's not overflowing at the back either.  

no one plays 352 as can't afford the two strikers

a 343 is not really 3 front men as wide men are attacking midfielders and without the ball becomes a 541 as players 'transition' backwards

considering our frailties at the back would argue worth a try

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rude Gullit said:

Cummings and McBurnie are options too. Cummings really needs to show what he can do at a higher level and McBurnie needs to make a splash as Swansea (the odd 10 mins as a sub without scoring isn't quite enough). The no 9 jersey is totally up for grabs - it's just whether anyone is going to to be good enough to make it indisputably theirs. Think that's why people have been suggesting using the likes of Snodgrass and Burke as our centre forward.

There is of course 21 year old Sam Gallagher--woops he scored again.

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

There is of course 21 year old Sam Gallagher--woops he scored again.

I'm not sure I would want him called up. Both him and Matt targett played for Scotland at u-19 then both switched to England.  Let him stick at it down there

I wish Chris Martin would stop scoring phukin goals! He's $h1te and it will only encourage Strachan.

The shout to bring back Kenny Miller is far from ridiculous. He's easily as good as anything else we have at the moment. It would be a sad state of affairs but that's where we are. 

9 minutes ago, Marky said:

I wish Chris Martin would stop scoring phukin goals! He's $h1te and it will only encourage Strachan.

The shout to bring back Kenny Miller is far from ridiculous. He's easily as good as anything else we have at the moment. It would be a sad state of affairs but that's where we are. 

Agree with all this.

I'd rather have Kenny up front than Chris Martin anyway 

15 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Cooper sent off for Leeds v Sutton. He is brutal btw. Nowhere near international standard. 

Absolutely delighted for Sutton, been to Gander Green Lane loads of times, proper football club and lovely people. 

Just now, Marky said:

As well as the goal today also credited with an assist.

Any one know what the Fulham fans have to say about him?

On 28/01/2017 at 6:56 PM, GordyA88 said:

I'm not sure I would want him called up. Both him and Matt targett played for Scotland at u-19 then both switched to England.  Let him stick at it down there

Stuart McCall, Matt Phillips, Andy Goram all featured in England u2O/21 squads.  I'm big hearted and generous enough to forgive youthful indiscretions, we all make mistakes  - even if they are huge ones like playing for them.  Leaving that thorny issue aside, how does he compare to what we've already got.  He's probably scored more goals this season in the Championship than Fletcher, McCormack or Naismith and more than the likes of Watt or Rhodes in other leagues.  Is the guy actually any good?

29 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Stuart McCall, Matt Phillips, Andy Goram all featured in England u2O/21 squads.  I'm big hearted and generous enough to forgive youthful indiscretions, we all make mistakes  - even if they are huge ones like playing for them.  Leaving that thorny issue aside, how does he compare to what we've already got.  He's probably scored more goals this season in the Championship than Fletcher, McCormack or Naismith and more than the likes of Watt or Rhodes in other leagues.  Is the guy actually any good?

he's got great potential and worthwhile getting back on board

Edited by Bino's

McCall and Goram didn't actually play for England Under 21s though, they just sat on the bench.

Phillips never made it beyond their Under 20s. None of those three played a youth game for us first, ditched us only to come back later. 

Sam Gallagher is different, he played for our Under 19s first then but then ditched us for England and has been playing for them nearly three years now. And now some want him back ?

Don't want Gallagher back at all, he's made his decision. We weren't good enough for him the first time :rolleyes:

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:
Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

McCall and Goram didn't actually play for England Under 21s though, they just sat on the bench.

Phillips never made it beyond their Under 20s. None of those three played a youth game for us first, ditched us only to come back later. 

Sam Gallagher is different, he played for our Under 19s first then but then ditched us for England and has been playing for them nearly three years now. And now some want him back ?

Don't want Gallagher back at all, he's made his decision. We weren't good enough for him the first time :rolleyes:

Has Gallagher played for the England under 21s or even been in a squad?