Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 39 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

Just now, EddardStark said:

I was being a little bit flippant. Chill. Rangers are the wronged party after yesterday and probably should have kept quiet. Never mind, its out there now. No building nridges though. Circle the Wagons. B)

I agree with you eddard. They were wronged, and yes they should have shown more restraint. Rangers not completely blameless.

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It really is very sinister stuff.

Could not believe this bit in it which basically says "ra peepul had tae protect wir brethren"

And I'm probably over analysing the wee details but this bit here intrigued me

The dig at the SNP is a given, one doesn't have to be a genius to work out the motivation behind that. However the obsolete reference to Govan "parish" clearly was to appeal to the "Protestant minded" bigots.

And finally, three people have just been marked for threats and intimidation in the weeks and months ahead by "ra peepul", essentially with the club's blessing.

Tom English tweeting that he's not happy - will be contacting traynor. Statement is inciting abuse and unacceptable.

David Torrance gave it away

This is another cog in the Ulsterisation of Scotland

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

It's inflammatory, shockingly written and an embarrassment for the club. It's like an angry kid has written it.

Compare to hibs statement:

Hibernian FC this evening confirmed that it will co-operate fully into any inquiry into the pitch invasion which followed the club’s historic Scottish Cup win at Hampden Park.

The Club reiterates its regret at the events which unfolded immediately following the final whistle. Hibernian always seeks to maintain high standards, and we will work with the authorities to identify any supporter who may have taken part in any form of unacceptable behaviour which has tarnished the club’s reputation.

Hibernian will work with Police Scotland, Hampden Park Stadium Management, the Scottish FA, Rangers FC and any other relevant parties to bring those responsible to book.

That's what Rangers should have done, only adding a line about condemning assaults on staff.  We look petulant and delusional and then to drag Sturgeon into it just looks pathetic and naming individual journalists is irresponsible. For once we could have occupied some moral high ground but whoever issued that press release has just scored an own goal.  Might have acknowledged that some of our loyal supporters aren't always that we'll behaved. I can't remember but I wonder how long we took to condemn the violence in Manchester or admit it was caused by our fans not Chelsea incognito.

It's a statement designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator. It's deliberately inflammatory. 

The club could and should have handled things with a bit more restraint. To lash out at the Scottish government and people who seem to be on some kind of list, just makes them look a bit ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

That's what Rangers should have done, only adding a line about condemning assaults on staff.  We look petulant and delusional and then to drag Sturgeon into it just looks pathetic and naming individual journalists is irresponsible. For once we could have occupied some moral high ground but whoever issued that press release has just scored an own goal.  Might have acknowledged that some of our loyal supporters aren't always that we'll behaved. I can't remember but I wonder how long we took to condemn the violence in Manchester or admit it was caused by our fans not Chelsea incognito.

Agreed.

12 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Spot on, mate. 

13 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

What a refreshingly decent and classy post.  Easy to throw stones at both clubs right now, whereas, a bit of inner perspective takes some intelligence and thought. Well played min. 

16 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

that's you on the list..... :P

24 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Yep spot on.

Agree with the last few posts.

Take the morale high ground while you have it. (Only just, but that's irrelevant)

I can't believe after taking 24 hours to cool down, Rangers came out with a worse statement. It's bat shit crazy and a bit sinister. It's back to the days of Charles Green and his rabble rousing.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Agree with the last few posts.

Take the morale high ground while you have it. (Only just, but that's irrelevant)

I can't believe after taking 24 hours to cool down, Rangers came out with a worse statement. It's bat shit crazy and a bit sinister. It's back to the days of Charles Green and his rabble rousing.

I'd say it's even worse than that.

Basically condoning the violence from their own fans on hand and then on the other, encouraging potential violence against Petrie, English and Cosgrove.

They also made fleeting reference to "Govan parish" (a term probably last used about 100 years ago) as though it's some mystical, spiritual home of all loyal, true blue protestant's out there. :blink:

And the swipe at the current MSP for Glasgow Southside (not just Govan, contrary to their claim) could be seen as an attempt to encourage Rangers fans not to vote for her or her party.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

Basically condoning the violence from their own fans on hand and then on the other, encouraging potential violence against Petrie, English and Cosgrove.

"We demand to know who these people are"

:lol:

Rangers have worked really hard to take over Celtic as the team neutrals love to hate the most.

I'm fairly ambivalent toward Celtic these days.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

That's a shocker the video of the hun lifting the hibee child...what the hell was all that about? Kid can't be any older than 7 ffs. 

What I'd really like to know is just what was that cünt planning to do with the kid had he been able to get away with it ?

Fecker should be locked up.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It's unfortunately a massive own goal.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Having looked at it again, I reckon we're probably over-analysing it.

All it basically says is that the Rangers fans done nothing wrong and were defending themselfs, Hibs are total jakey cúnts with HIV who stabbed Lee Wallace and Kenny MIller, the big hoose must stay open, God save the Queen and a wee bit of calling to arms for a rising of a paramilitary organisation in Scotland to kill people they don't like (along with a few kill list suggestions)

Don't understand the overreaction

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Who drafted the statement?

Reads like a jakey who's just logged onto hotmail, read an email that's enradged him and replied to it straight away instead of replying the next morning when sober.

Hilarious.

Would have been Jim Traynor, no?