Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

We welcome the chase......

Or as old man Struth would probably say in his best obnoxious purple prose - "The true chosen Ranger welcomes this intrepid endeavour to equal our majesty."

I wonder if anyone has pointed out to Barton yet that the chap he quoted was a notoriously unpleasant anti-Catholic bigot ?

Someone said bet on Barton to be sent off at the first OF game. But I'd go for Brown to be sent off first in that game. Think Barton will intimidate Brown (as Barton is a genuine hard case) and Brown will overcompensate in his tackling and get sent off. It is a really good signing for Rangers. Celtic on the back foot now. Rodgers is a soft choice. But lets see how he goes. I'd rather have Warburton than Rodgers and wonder how many Celtic fans would admit the same.

Edited by thplinth

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Someone said bet on Barton to be sent off at the first OF game. But I'd go for Brown to be sent off first in that game. Think Barton will intimidate Brown (as Barton is a genuine hard case) and Brown will overcompensate in his tackling and get sent off. It is a really good signing for Rangers. Celtic on the back foot now. Rodgers is a soft choice. But lets see how he goes. I'd rather have Warburton than Rodgers and wonder how many Celtic fans would admit the same.

Interesting, on what basis Warburton over Rodgers?

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Interesting, on what basis Warburton over Rodgers?

Warburton seems really effective for his resources, smart tactically and most importantly in his signings. (Or who ever that is at RFC.) Rodgers by the time he left Liverpool was a tedious windbag full of increasingly annoying excuses. He talks a good game but he cant deliver IMHO. Celtic should also have been braver in picking a manager. Rangers looking good at the moment. 

28 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Warburton seems really effective for his resources, smart tactically and most importantly in his signings. (Or who ever that is at RFC.) Rodgers by the time he left Liverpool was a tedious windbag full of increasingly annoying excuses. He talks a good game but he cant deliver IMHO. Celtic should also have been braver in picking a manager. Rangers looking good at the moment. 

Hibs must be some side.

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Hibs must be some side.

Well Rangers won the one game that really mattered to them this season beating Celtic (and then yes Hibs beat Rangers). So aye Hibs are some side. Very much delighted for Hibs.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:
16 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Hibs must be some side.

Exactly. Here was me thinking that Rangers got played off the park by a team that couldnae get out of the 2nd division because they kept on losing points to Alloa, Dumbarton, Livingston et al.

Warburton must stay.

14 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Two almost identical posts, with the same lame humour, in two different threads! I'll give you the honour of a bite though, seeing as that's clearly what you were desperate for.

We also dropped points to Alloa (4 of them) and Livingston (5) so it must have been our outstanding 100% record against Dumbarton that just snuck us over the line by a midge's bawhair.

Edited by thewolf_1980

I'm not the biggest Joey Barton fan out there but I think it's a good signing.  I think he could probably have got more money elsewhere and I don't think he's like a long list of over the hill has been using one or other of the Old Firm as a retirement fund. I'm not sure that he's one many medals and that might be part of the motivation, who knows may even get a chance of European football. We've signed a guy who is not a world beater but he's been the best player at the club that has just won the Championship and that means he should be one of the better players in Scotland.

Edited by Hertsscot

Because of his thug side Barton does not nearly get enough credit that he deserves as a footballer IMHO. If RFC fill in the gaps around him between now and season start as intelligently as they have begun.... then fukk it I'd bet on them to win it. I think it was 3-1 last I checked. Crazy odds, 50/50 at best.

Celtic are fat and complacent, Rangers are pure Rangers Ragin with 4 years of GIRFUY energy in their cells. Celtic better get up to speed otherwise they are in for a surprise.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Are you on crack?