EU Referendum - Page 28 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Enjoy. I'm only familiar with the west of the country, so haven't heard of it before. 

Cheers will do. Its just a tiny wee place twenty mins from Dalaman airport. The town has about 10 restaurants and bars all in. Suits us for a quiet holiday :)

4 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Both campaigns have been hideous. Its as if their only tactics are who can scare the UK population the most into voting for them. I will be voting remain and my mind was made up a long time ago, partly due to thinking that if you always take the opposite stance to Boris, Farage, the BNP and David Icke then you will never be far off making the morally correct decision. However its almost comical sitting on the outside with mind made up and seeing Remain headlines like leaving EU could lead to WW3 and 300,000 jobs gone here, bread will be double the price etc. As said, almost comical if it wasn't so sad and pathetic. 

I don't disagree with a word of that. 

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Cheers will do. Its just a tiny wee place twenty mins from Dalaman airport. The town has about 10 restaurants and bars all in. Suits us for a quiet holiday :)

That sounds magic!  One of my favourite holiday destinations was always Kokkini Hani in Crete for the same reasons.  I've not been in about 10 years right enough so it's probably changed by now.

6 minutes ago, Kirk said:

I normally go to a wee place called Gulluk on the Bodrum peninsula and it's the exact same. :ok: 

Ahhh yes the sanctity of the Greek debt. This mantra gets repeated implicitly and explicitly over and over.

The people who lent the Greeks the money made a bad investment. So why the feck should they be 100% protected to the huge expense of ordinary Greeks most of whom did not personally benefit from all this debt. Every man and his dog knows the Greeks can never ever pay it all back and that the bond holders are going to have to take a hair cut. Even the IMF said it. But no Germany acted like the utter whank to humiliate the Greeks for having the temerity to demand some relief. The situation is unsustainable but what does Merkel do she unilaterally decides to bring in 2 million Syrians into the Schengen zone. I am telling you that loony bitch is doing more to destroy the EU than anyone. The Greeks should have called their bluff and told them to go feck themselves. It would have been a hairy ride but it would be better than this modern day serfdom they are now under. The Greeks want out and amazingly the French support leaving. 

If you buy a share in a company that does not do well the value of that investment goes down but the people who lent the Greeks far too much money expect their investment to be 100% protected. Even if it means driving the ordinary Greeks into the ground. That is your economic community right there, dysfunctional, nasty, bullying and uncaring.except about the bond holders of course.

Edited by thplinth

8 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

That sounds magic!  One of my favourite holiday destinations was always Kokkini Hani in Crete for the same reasons.  I've not been in about 10 years right enough so it's probably changed by now.

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I normally go to a wee place called Gulluk on the Bodrum peninsula and it's the exact same. :ok: 

Yep quiet one with the gf, complete different holiday from with a group of friends haha. 

It seems one thing the whole immigration debate has done is allowed racists to change the definition of racism so that their racism can no longer be defined as such. 

It now means expressing racist views in public is much easier to do and more and more are feeling comfortable doing so  

Guest BlueGaz
24 minutes ago, Lamia said:

It seems one thing the whole immigration debate has done is allowed racists to change the definition of racism so that their racism can no longer be defined as such. 

It now means expressing racist views in public is much easier to do and more and more are feeling comfortable doing so  

I agree, but on the flip side, a lot of chants of racism are BS.  Just because you believe in cutting the numbers of incoming migrants, doesn't make you racist.  If xxx can't be sustained, you only allow xx to come in.  It all seems simple to me.  

45 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Pfff its a culture of democracy. Engaged. Civic. Brussels is a monster. The Scottish people don't dislike the French or Germans or Romanians any more than the English. They just want to be ruled by their own people. Why do you hate Scotland? Always so negative.

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Both campaigns have been hideous. Its as if their only tactics are who can scare the UK population the most into voting for them. I will be voting remain and my mind was made up a long time ago, partly due to thinking that if you always take the opposite stance to Boris, Farage, the BNP and David Icke then you will never be far off making the morally correct decision. However its almost comical sitting on the outside with mind made up and seeing Remain headlines like leaving EU could lead to WW3 and 300,000 jobs gone here, bread will be double the price etc. As said, almost comical if it wasn't so sad and pathetic. 

Why is David Icke in there? lol , why you felt the need top inform yourself of his position is beyond me. ;)

7 minutes ago, derekfaejapan said:

Opinion polls still looking extremely close but the bookies have 'Remain' as clear favourites. Does anyone know why that is?

Sadly, I think the bookies will be right.

Bookmaker on the radio said one of the main reasons was more cash has been staked on Remain, although there have been more individual bets placed on Leave.

Similar to the IndyRef in that respect...

5 hours ago, Scunnered said:

I haven't been following either mainstream campaign, but I'd stake my life that not one single person representing either side has spoken the truth, not a single person.

You lambaste the leave campaign, which I'm sure you're absolutely right to do, but you seem to be in the opinion that the remain campaign, which contains some of the most corrupt people in the world is somehow more just.

I haven't claimed that at all. And here was me thinking I was the fantasist? ?There's dodgy folk on both sides. Personally I don't trust David Cameron as far I could throw him.

However the lies being spread with no foundation by the Leave side are massive whoppers. The Remain side at least have independent experts agreeing with them, generally. 

And anyone who thinks Boris Johnson wants to spend more money on the NHS needs serious help. 

Also have to say the Leave campaign have no actual facts or benefits.Its all Unicorns and Rainbows tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Alan said:

Pfff its a culture of democracy. Engaged. Civic. Brussels is a monster. The Scottish people don't dislike the French or Germans or Romanians any more than the English. They just want to be ruled by their own people. Why do you hate Scotland? Always so negative.

Are you Yes yet?  Apparently so in your case... :)

51 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Bookmaker on the radio said one of the main reasons was more cash has been staked on Remain, although there have been more individual bets placed on Leave.

Similar to the IndyRef in that respect...

Cheers, that makes sense. :ok:

3 hours ago, Alan said:

No idea what relevance that has to my point but crack on. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, derekfaejapan said:

Opinion polls still looking extremely close but the bookies have 'Remain' as clear favourites. Does anyone know why that is?

Sadly, I think the bookies will be right.

I think that the vote will be close and that will enable the deceitful Cameron to find some constitutional means to reject the result, or ignore it.  If it is so close, then it may mean that a parliamentary debate is not needed.

54 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I haven't claimed that at all. And here was me thinking I was the fantasist? ?There's dodgy folk on both sides. Personally I don't trust David Cameron as far I could throw him.

However the lies being spread with no foundation by the Leave side are massive whoppers. The Remain side at least have independent experts agreeing with them, generally. 

And anyone who thinks Boris Johnson wants to spend more money on the NHS needs serious help. 

Also have to say the Leave campaign have no actual facts or benefits.Its all Unicorns and Rainbows tomorrow. 

I never claimed, you claimed it.  It was an observation.

I'm curious if you found the opinions of these independent experts as important during the Independence referendum as you do now, they agreed with the Better Together campaign, generally.  It's amazing how quickly opinions of these organisations change when they back up peoples own prejudices...  And I'm not referring to you specifically with that last sentence, again just an observation.

I don't know anyone who thinks Boris wants to spend more money on the NHS.  Has he claimed he would?  If he has, it's a lie.

I don't doubt that for a second.  Just as I don't doubt it's the same from the remain campaign.

All the safe bets are taken I see so I will go for a shock 52% Leave win. Dont really believe it as the bookies are wildly in favour of Stay 1/4 on now v 3/1 against for Leave. Now ok that maybe be just big money going on Stay but that in itself says a lot. I am hoping there is a vast undetected reserve of Shy Leavers versus Shy Stayers as the former have been well stigmatized as BNP luvin racists blah blah blah so there could well be a lot of pretendy Stayers who will vote a sneaky Leave cometh the moment. I also think the death of the MP gave Stay a big push when it badly needed it but I suspect that has reversed back a little now. By tomorrow who knows as gap is small again now. So the margin of error and the undecided voters could blow it wide open again, I hope. Those bookies though... bastards.

edit: Bookies' consensus 'prediction' seems to be 54% Stay.

Edited by thplinth

5 hours ago, Lamia said:

previously the best a casual racist could do to try to qualify or deflect his remark would be to start with "i am not racist but................ (add racist remark)". Now racism is caged in language around losing sovereignty and power by unelected Brussel's officials. However in reality the fundamental fear is of migrants travelling to the UK and "johnny foreigner" having any kind of say in what happens in the UK - real or imagined.

59 minutes ago, Lamia said:

No idea what relevance that has to my point but crack on. 

Alan has become a parody and now posts solely for reaction/attention. bless.

15 hours ago, phart said:

It's like car pooling a great idea, till you have group up, one of them always reeks of drink, the other has a dodgy motor, another drives like Mansell, and the last is totally skint and is due you 2 months petrol money. However it might still be better/safer than the bus.

It's a shite choice to have to make.

That's possibly the most apt and succinct analysis of the situation I have read so far.  :lol:

If I had a cap available at this present moment I would be doffing it in your direction, Phart.