EU Referendum - Page 22 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, giblet said:

just before Jo Cox's murder I feared we were heading to leave.  Definite feeling of the baws burst in the remain camp now.  Leave will win by 10 to 15pts. 

you reckon leave will win by the margin you are quoting the financial markets would disagree the pound has surged ahead today kicking €1.30 to the pound last week it was down to €1.25 to the pound  so it's a big remain from me 

10 minutes ago, Geed said:

Why cause am voting out am a racist?

No lol

Its from Father Ted

PS - im also voting leave

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

No lol

Its from Father Ted

PS - im also voting leave

lol oh aye remember that episode now mate, sorry first day back at work today after few days off and brains no functioning

I think the Tories already know what the result will be. They will have counted the postal ballots. Dodgy Dave will be moving onto plan B and trying to come up with a reasonable excuse for why we need to do it all again. EU ref2 is just around the corner. None of this once in a generation pish for him.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

My father in law also voting to leave due to immigration. He has never had a passport. Never left the UK. Where he lives it is 99% white like most of Scotland. Immigrants are paying his pension.

Pretty sure that if your father in law worked, he would have most likely paid into his own pension

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think the Tories already know what the result will be. They will have counted the postal ballots. Dodgy Dave will be moving onto plan B and trying to come up with a reasonable excuse for why we need to do it all again. EU ref2 is just around the corner. None of this once in a generation pish for him.

Negative

Davey Cameron is a Europhile of the highest order

He has no intention of leaving the EU and only offered a referendum because he thought they would be in a minority government again and not have to go through with it

You will be able to tell by the campaigning this week of how they think it's going to go

What surprised me is that Sturgeon is still putting herself at the forefront when she has already done her bit

That suggests that there is no guarantee Remain has won - although i think it will and by quite a bit

Davey Cameron on QT last night was an eye opener though - The Neville Chamberlain comparison was quality

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Negative

Davey Cameron is a Europhile if the highest order

He has no intention of leaving the EU and only offered a referendum because he thought they would be in a minority government again and not have to go through with it

You will be able to tell by the campaigning this week of how they think it's going to go

What surprised me is that Sturgeon is still putting herself at the forefront when she has already done her bit

That suggests that there is no guarantee Remain has won - although i think it will and by quite a bit

Davey Cameron on QT last night was an eye opener though - The Neville Chamberlain comparison was quality

That was my point. Dodgy Dave has had the votes counted  and he knows he is losing.

1 hour ago, girvanTA said:

Pretty sure that if your father in law worked, he would have most likely paid into his own pension

You don't pay for your own pension. The younger generation do. It's a pyramid scheme. 

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Decent post Alan until you display the stereo typical behaviour of not being able to make a political point without trying to ridicule the snp or anyone who supports them. Unfortunately it detracts from the point you are trying to make which is a good one and applies across the political divide.

Decent post ShedTA until you display stereo typical behaviour unable to recognise populism, grievance, moralism and nationalism in Scotland connected with what's going on in rUK, Europe and other parts of the world including USA. It's always someone else's fault.

1 hour ago, girvanTA said:

Not his state pension. That's from todays tax payers. The baby boomers have taken far more from society than put in and ate risking the economic future of my family as they hark back to a "golden time".

5 hours ago, Alan said:

"find a bogeyman, then keep on blaming him for everything."

Is the penny going to drop? If you spend decades talking about betrayal, injustice and "them" ( fill this in where appropriate) then it pollutes the whole political discourse. Everything is someone else's fault and only 1 side can save the day. Look on this board how people use membership of SNP like some moral standing. The immigration card is natural for Leave.

I'd class myself as euro sceptic and was a soft Remain hoping to be swayed for Leave but now I'm campaigning for Remain due to the flag waving, the dog whistles and the no credible economic plan.

the man who blames the SNP for all ills highlights how the SNP blame others for all ills. A priceless cycle.

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

I see the odds on Remain have gone back to 1/3 on after the murder of the MP. Looks like Leave lost their momentum with that. You do have to wonder about these things.

Ukip's daft poster or their pouncing on the Orlando nightclub shooting won't have helped either, but I have definitely detected a change in mood since Jo Cox's death.

4 hours ago, Geed said:

Why cause am voting out am a racist?

Yes.

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I was a leftist nudge away from voting Leave.  It never came.  I'll be voting Remain.

Lexit is there, I'm sure there's even a Lemain somewhere.  They've just been drowned out by flag waving from both sides.

9 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

the man who blames the SNP for all ills highlights how the SNP blame others for all ills. A priceless cycle.

It's been said on here before but too many people approach politics like it's football.  They see the faults in their rivals but turn a blind eye to the cheats, divers and hatchet men in their own side because they are on 'their' team.

I find the easy way Remain arses label folk a racist for simply voting Leave repulsive. The more I see of it the more they make me think that whatever they want politically we should go the exact opposite way. Like the hysterical anti trump twats trying to smear him with wildly exaggerated claims they just drive voters into his arms. I doubt it will happen as the bookies are sure but I would love to see a brexit just as a massive go feck yourselves. There was a time being called a racist would be taken seriously but now it tells you the person saying it is usually the khunt not the one being smeared by it. What a laugh complaining about immigration being used to generate fear when the entire remain campaign was project fear. 

Is it racist to not want the German banks to control Europe ?

Is it racist to object to the way EU treated the Greeks ?

Is it racist to object to the misery the EU project is bringing down on the people of Spain, Portugal and Italy etc ?

Britain has very little manufacturing left and everything is tendered out abroad

Is it racist to want your railways and energy companies to be owned by this country ?

32 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I find the easy way Remain arses label folk a racist for simply voting Leave repulsive. The more I see of it the more they make me think that whatever they want politically we should go the exact opposite way. Like the hysterical anti trump twats trying to smear him with wildly exaggerated claims they just drive voters into his arms. I doubt it will happen as the bookies are sure but I would love to see a brexit just as a massive go feck yourselves. There was a time being called a racist would be taken seriously but now it tells you the person saying it is usually the khunt not the one being smeared by it. What a laugh complaining about immigration being used to generate fear when the entire remain campaign was project fear. 

Here here!

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Is it racist to not want the German banks to control Europe ?

Is it racist to object to the way EU treated the Greeks ?

Is it racist to object to the misery the EU project is bringing down on the people of Spain, Portugal and Italy etc ?

Britain has very little manufacturing left and everything is tendered out abroad

Is it racist to want your railways and energy companies to be owned by this country ?

Vote to save our future, vote brexit!