barclays premier league - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

barclays premier league

does anybody want this title?

man city spurs and the arse all lose

looked like a bad midweek for leicester but turned into a good one

this could gone down to the last game

only in the barclays premier league etc........

excited  :)

It has actually grabbed my attention in the past 3 weeks or so. Quite excited about the run in for a change. Didn't think Leicester could do it but they may well pull it off cause of the other teams dropping points.Expecting arsenal to come back and run them close after their annual last 16 drubbing is over. Wishfully thinking Liverpool can come back into top four but probs unlikely, hoping they can at least do Man Utd over the 2 legs and be in the mix for Europa league. North London derby could be interesting on sat lunch time.

From a City point of view, IMO the league is now gone & top 3 definitely (top 4 possibly) are looking like a struggle with United now on level points with us & West Ham only 1 point back.  Our next 3 games in the league are Villa at home, Norwich away & United at home we took 5 points from the reverse fixtures ( & that was only due to an 89th minute penalty at home to Norwich) we really need 9 points from these 3 games or we're in trouble.

Chelsea who have had a shocking season are now closer to us than we are to Leicester FFS.

Just done the predictor and I had Spurs on 76, Leicester on 75, Arsenal on 71 and City on 69.

Just noticed it was decided on the last day of the season with Leicester losing at Chelsea and Spurs winning at Newcastle.

Edited by Fairbairn

Leicesters next 7 games are all decent chances with the hardest being West Ham at KP. Spurs have a pretty hard April and start of May, at Stoke and Liverpool in April and away to Chelsea 2nd May. They also have Man Utd at WHL. While you would normally think a draw in the N London derby would be best for Leicester it might actually be a Spurs win would be best to put Arsenal further away from them because I can see Leicester probably taking more points in April than Spurs.

The only thing against Leicester is that their two, winnable, home games since their wee break has seen them struggle in both. Possibly the break came at the wrong time for them, possibly they are now starting to feel the pressure.

This could be a huge weekend coming up. Leicester have a difficult away game at Watford, and it's the north London derby.

A Leicester win and a draw between Arsenal - Spurs would see Leicester gain a fair bit of breathing space. 

German title race back on as well and Dortmund - Bayern this weekend. Italian title race between 3, potentially 4 teams. our own title race alive and well and only 5 points between Barca and Atletico in Spain. All very exciting stuff.

48 minutes ago, Mox said:

German title race back on as well and Dortmund - Bayern this weekend. Italian title race between 3, potentially 4 teams. our own title race alive and well and only 5 points between Barca and Atletico in Spain. All very exciting stuff.

Football is marvellous really 

5 hours ago, Rossy said:

This could be a huge weekend coming up. Leicester have a difficult away game at Watford, and it's the north London derby.

A Leicester win and a draw between Arsenal - Spurs would see Leicester gain a fair bit of breathing space. 

Watford is a tough game but the sort of game that will suit Leicester. The last 2 home games against lower placed teams were seen as tough games because Leicester were expected to struggle at breaking down teams who came to defend. I was at the West Brom game on Tuesday and the feeling beforehand was that if West Brom scored first, Leicester wouldn't be able to come back. As it turned out, not only did they come back, they created loads of chances and should have won the game.

I go down to the King Power when I can but it is hard getting tickets as pretty much every home league game has been sold out since they got promoted last season. Most of the fans I know are realistic about where they will finish this season (one of the songs still sung is 'We are staying up') and are really just enjoying an amazing season.

19 hours ago, Haggis McBasher said:

Similar to Anfield in 95 when Blackburn pipped Man U to the title.

Difference added that Chelsea and Leicester have quite a big rivalry.

Might be more off the pitch than on to be fair.

The EPL is quite similar to the SPL in the way that the top team(s) keep slipping up but nobody wants the title from them. :D

Really bugs me when people call it the Barclays Premier League for some reason.

Kids are always asking me who I support in the Barclays Premier League. Fecking stop saying the sponsor.

Did you watch the fa cup sponsored by eon final. Just stop it.

Edited by iainmac1

3 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Kids are always asking me who I support in the Barclays Premier League. Fecking stop saying the sponsor.

Do they ask you about the Ladbrokes Premiership as well?

9 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Owen Coyle used to do my head in when he was managing Burnley and Bolton with that "it's the drama of the Barclay's Premier League" patter. Every sentence out his mouth featured "the Barclay's Premier League" in it. Must have been paid extra to do it.

I'm easily annoyed.

On 3/3/2016 at 11:44 PM, Ta Ta said:

Watford is a tough game but the sort of game that will suit Leicester. The last 2 home games against lower placed teams were seen as tough games because Leicester were expected to struggle at breaking down teams who came to defend. I was at the West Brom game on Tuesday and the feeling beforehand was that if West Brom scored first, Leicester wouldn't be able to come back. As it turned out, not only did they come back, they created loads of chances and should have won the game.

I go down to the King Power when I can but it is hard getting tickets as pretty much every home league game has been sold out since they got promoted last season. Most of the fans I know are realistic about where they will finish this season (one of the songs still sung is 'We are staying up') and are really just enjoying an amazing season.

Yeah. I've said it before, I've got a real soft spot for Leicester because my daughter did 3 years at Uni there.

With the football and the rugby so close to each other it's a real sports mad city. The place must be buzzing just now.

2 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

As annoying as it is it shows the sponsorship has worked.

Judging by the way all Premier League managers keep saying it there must be some sort of contractual obligation to add the B word every time they mention the league.

Guess it works based in the above but it sure as hell sounds ridiculous and is annoying as fk.

4 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Owen Coyle patter that.