Top 5 Best Cities In The World - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Top 5 Best Cities In The World

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that no one has voted for Glasgow.

Or Dundee ?

Dundee was always my favourite place to get a shag. Often my mates and I would hop on the 20 minute train journey at the weekends to empty ourselves into your fine dames through there. :bouncy:

Dundee was always my favourite place to get a shag. Often my mates and I would hop on the 20 minute train journey at the weekends to empty ourselves into your fine dames through there. :bouncy:

That horrible thought might keep me awake all night.

:blink:

Ok, I vote Dundee. Lovely place. Lots to see and do. Mainly nice folk. Lots of good bars and places to eat.

Apart from the shit drainage in some parts.

Hope all is better flooding wise BTW. I read some of your posts but didn't post. Sound pretty crap but hopefully improving for you.

I didn't realise it was a game FFS :lol::lol::lol:

Its a great place - Capital of Sabah - Have you been sbcmfc?

No, had to google it (that's why I singled you out. :P )

Looks a pretty interesting place, surprised I'd never heard of it.

Was just a wee joke, as there's an element of "look where I've been" about the whole thread, myself included. Yours was the obscurist (to me).

No one seems to really be saying why they pick their fave cities, my criteria is natural beauty (architecture and greenery), amazing views, low polution/traffic congestion, great bars and spoilt for choice eateries, vibrant culture of live music and over friendly natives. Having travelled throughout Europe, Americas and Australia and Asia, in order ...

Edinburgh

Berlin

Melbourne

Rome

Dundee

The inclusion of Glasgow by several posters has me mystified!

I think Glasgow is a cracking city and is under rated by a lot of people who live here. If you look at the criteria that people rate other cities on such as nightlife, restaurants, shopping, arts and culture and throw in Glasgow's proximity to the likes of Loch Lomond etc then I think you can see why people hold it in high regard.

The inclusion of Glasgow by several posters has me mystified!

That's probably because you live there. Prior to living in Glasgow, I loved it. Having now lived there for 9 years, I've been to all of the good places and now prefer going elsewhere. I would imagine that most folk wouldn't put their home town in their top 5.

What a beautiful city Strasbourg is. Been there a few times.

Had a 5 daytrip to germany and france so was in the europa park are for 3 days before going to Strasbourg for the final 2 days and I must say i was very impressed. Extremely friendly locals and some great sights to visit, had never even heard of the city before visiting it mind you