Female Sports Journalists & Workplace Harassment - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Female Sports Journalists & Workplace Harassment

Given he's been taken away from interviews and being mic'd up, cynically, you could suggest he did it on purpose to get out of media duties.

I'm sure he'll be giving zero ####s about it anyway, will no doubt host numerous elaborate parties in Australia and pump birds because that's what he does.

He's Chris Gayle, he's in the top 3 highest paid players in the World because he's a box office guarantee wherever he plays.

As harsh as it may be, Cricketers of Gayle's calibre are few and far between, journalists are ten a penny, it'll be forgotten about quickly.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I mentioned it. .... you don't know.....

Some folk are more delicate than others..... that's just the way of the world, nothing he said would raise an eyebrow with me, there is no issue in my opinion!

Just, The Great Offended going out of their way to be offended!

Fair enough. We all have different attitudes to these type of things. It doesn't offend me, why would it? I'm not involved.

That's why I mentioned it. .... you don't know.....

Some folk are more delicate than others..... that's just the way of the world, nothing he said would raise an eyebrow with me, there is no issue in my opinion!

Just, The Great Offended going out of their way to be offended!

So if a gay guy, who you barely know, said exactly the same to you in an important meeting at work in front of all of your colleagues, your boss and customers, you'd be fine with it?

As harsh as it may be, Cricketers of Gayle's calibre are few and far between, journalists are ten a penny, it'll be forgotten about quickly.

That's why it's a good thing that this has blown up. He is indeed massively talented and a superstar of his sport, which gives him precisely zero right to humiliate a ten-a-penny journalist because of her gender. I doubt he'll abuse the sports star / sports journalist power relationship on live TV again.

By the time the clocks change this tert will have done an FHM shoot, sold her story to the Sunday papers, been linked romantically (or just plain shaggably) to an already famous sports star and more importantly be a household name

Fuqer

Interesting. Chris Gayle also appears to have assumed she was nowt but a tart because she was a good-looking lass in sports journalism trying to do her job. The culture's changing boys... and that's no bad thing.

He is like a black Ian botham. Does he have a mullet. Seems a very macho sport cricket, weird considering it is so gay. Over compensating?

Just playing devils advocate here but from your post you think Chris Gayles behaviour unacceptable but acceptable to call cricket "Gay" and all the connotations that go with that ? do we have another example of Pharts "cognitive dissonance" ? I'm sure i'll be corrected if not ;-)

For the record I find cricket is a boring sport to watch but I would suggest you try facing a fast bowler beore calling it "gay"

Edited by Nobby

Just playing devils advocate here but from your post you think Chris Gayles behaviour unacceptable but acceptable to call cricket "Gay" and all the connotations that go with that ? do we have another example of Pharts "cognitive dissonance" ? I'm sure i'll be corrected if not ;-)

For the record I find cricket is a boring sport to watch but I would suggest you try facing a fast bowler beore calling it "gay"

Personally for me, we had the "gay" argument on here about 6 years ago, ending with Jam getting banned and me and Calmac overwhelmed by the hordes of "stella fella's" . So i stay clear of the argument now, and it's not mine:cognitive dissonance. :ok:

Personally for me, we had the "gay" argument on here about 6 years ago, ending with Jam getting banned and me and Calmac overwhelmed by the hordes of "stella fella's" . So i stay clear of the argument now, and it's not mine:cognitive dissonance. :ok:

I have you to thank for cognitive dissonance and Donny for correct use of the "American Z" the TAMB (independence and rangers aside) can sometimes truly be educational. Today it was Belgian biscuit tomorrow, who knows !! :ok:

The presenters don't chose the employers criteria for employment.

No, but I'm sure they have some awareness of those criteria.

Some of the female presenters are clearly intelligent and knowledgeable, but they are all but exclusively "model material" as someone put it earlier.

I'm not saying that makes them fair game to be humiliated on TV, but it's not a complete shock.

I'd imagine the culture where Chris Gayle is from would find his comments more acceptable, not a great excuse, as he should be worldly enough to know better, but I don't think it's that big a deal.

Mountain out of a mole hill.

I enjoy getting sexually harassed occasionally at work. When it's by men it's a bit more un-nerving mind you.

:lol:

No, but I'm sure they have some awareness of those criteria.

Some of the female presenters are clearly intelligent and knowledgeable, but they are all but exclusively "model material" as someone put it earlier.

I'm not saying that makes them fair game to be humiliated on TV, but it's not a complete shock.

I'd imagine the culture where Chris Gayle is from would find his comments more acceptable, not a great excuse, as he should be worldly enough to know better, but I don't think it's that big a deal.

Mountain out of a mole hill.

I enjoy getting sexually harassed occasionally at work. When it's by men it's a bit more un-nerving mind you.

:lol:

It's not a shock when someone shoots up a highschool either. Still how surprising it is has nothing to do with the case though.

I'm sure it is embedded still shouldn't happen.

Not everyone is as tolerant as you my man :ok:

Just watching STV news and the story about George Clooney coming to Scotland. They went on to the streets and asked women how excited they were about it, they were all soaking themselves.

The next time Katy Perry tours up here I assume if they asked men how they'd feel then no doubt the same women will be labelling all these men as dirty perverts

Having spent three days with Edwina on a charity cycle ride and seen her frankly enormous arse smoother the saddle, I suspect George would choose to let nature take its natural course.

In terms of the thread, I don't think that D-list celebs publicly fantasizing about A-listers is all that relevant to the abuse of power relations at its core.

So if a gay guy, who you barely know, said exactly the same to you in an important meeting at work in front of all of your colleagues, your boss and customers, you'd be fine with it?

A meeting at work? .... everyone is changing the goal posts to make their point..... it wasn't like that!

To answer the question though, I'd laugh it off..... and get on with the rest of my life.... without issue!

Interesting. Chris Gayle also appears to have assumed she was nowt but a tart because she was a good-looking lass in sports journalism trying to do her job. The culture's changing boys... and that's no bad thing.

Keep it real Donny. ..... not your own realms of fantasy and assumption.

As it happens I was.

Having spent three days with Edwina on a charity cycle ride and seen her frankly enormous arse smoother the saddle, I suspect George would choose to let nature take its natural course.

In terms of the thread, I don't think that D-list celebs publicly fantasizing about A-listers is all that relevant to the abuse of power relations at its core.

Which you clearly struggled to take your eyes off. :wink2: