Turks Shoot Down Russian Fighter Plane - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Turks Shoot Down Russian Fighter Plane

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame scotty for getting me into it, arguing with him about evolution evolved onto 9/11, and he tasked me with looking into it first, so i did. It was obviously done by elements inside the US government. that's why the anthrax was destroyed, why a special office was set up to create false intelligence ran out the Vice President officer, by Douglas Feith. Why Sybel Edmonds couldn't whislteblow about hearing the trading of nuclear secrets and blueprints for buildings etc. Why operation able danger was whitewashed and why the pentagon buys every book and burns them. why the 5 dancing Israelis who filmed the first hit and celebrated ivan & Paul Kurzberg, Yaron Schmuel, Oded Ellner & Omer Marmari, there boss was Dominick Suter, who fled to Israel.

anyway that's by the by.

Utter madness from the Turks.

Russians are the second-biggest visitors to Turkey as well - that's obviously going to change radically.

Russian FA have already told all Russian football clubs planning/booked to go to winter training camps in Turkey to scrap all plans.

I don't think it's just Russian tourists that will be giving Turkey a bodyswerve. Now that it's coming out that Turkey is, shall we say, less than fully committed to eradicating Isis, and allowing itself to be used as an entry route for Isis recruits, I think most people would think twice about going there for a holiday. It wouldn't surprise me if the UK foreign office were to advise against travel to the area in the not too distant future.

I don't think it's just Russian tourists that will be giving Turkey a bodyswerve. Now that it's coming out that Turkey is, shall we say, less than fully committed to eradicating Isis, and allowing itself to be used as an entry route for Isis recruits, I think most people would think twice about going there for a holiday. It wouldn't surprise me if the UK foreign office were to advise against travel to the area in the not too distant future.

said this in the summer. Not a chance would I take my family to Turkey just now.

The booing has been explained, it's not as black and white as the media are staying.

I'm going to be in Istanbul then Ankara in January, bullet proof vest needed?

What was the explanation out of interest?

Rather you than me btw! Prefer the Greeks to the Turks myself but have enjoyed holidays in both countries in the past...

Rescued co-pilot from the downed Russian Su-24 jet said there were no visual or radio warnings issued by Turkey.

"There were no warnings. Not via the radio, not visually. There was no contact whatsoever. That's why we were keeping our combat course as usual. You have to understand what the cruising speed of a bomber is compared to an F-16. If they wanted to warn us, they could have shown themselves by heading on a parallel course. But there was nothing. And the rocket hit our tail completely unexpectedly. We didn't even see it in time to take evasive maneuvers."

Rescued co-pilot Captain Konstantin Murahtin said there was no violation of the Turkish airspace.

He also said the crew of the downed Russian bomber jet knew the area of the operation "like the back of their hands."

"Of course, having carried out numerous flights there we knew the region like the backs of our hands. We were conducting our sorties and returning back to base following the predetermined route. I’m a navigator, I know every altitude there. I can guide the aircraft there blindfolded," co-pilot said.

The co-pilot added that he wants to continue serving in the Russian aviation group in Syria.

"I can't wait until I get the all-clear from the medics, so that I can step back into the ranks. I'm going to ask our command to keep me on this base — I have a debt to repay, for my commander."

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151125/1030742094/pilot-su24-rescued-no-turkish-space-violation.html

There is no doubt this was a planned provocation.

Is this NATO?

Was in Kemer, Turkey, a few years back. Beautiful town and most shops had signage in Russian due to amount of their tourists that visited. There was even a huge hotel called Kremlin which was built to resemble that very place...Turkey will suffer big time with the ban on Russians going there....

Rescued co-pilot from the downed Russian Su-24 jet said there were no visual or radio warnings issued by Turkey.

"There were no warnings. Not via the radio, not visually. There was no contact whatsoever. That's why we were keeping our combat course as usual. You have to understand what the cruising speed of a bomber is compared to an F-16. If they wanted to warn us, they could have shown themselves by heading on a parallel course. But there was nothing. And the rocket hit our tail completely unexpectedly. We didn't even see it in time to take evasive maneuvers."

Rescued co-pilot Captain Konstantin Murahtin said there was no violation of the Turkish airspace.

1030740062.jpg

© AFP 2015/ SERGEY VENYAVSKY

Top Gun: Co-Pilot Rescued in Syria is One of Russia's Finest

He also said the crew of the downed Russian bomber jet knew the area of the operation "like the back of their hands."

"Of course, having carried out numerous flights there we knew the region like the backs of our hands. We were conducting our sorties and returning back to base following the predetermined route. Im a navigator, I know every altitude there. I can guide the aircraft there blindfolded," co-pilot said.

The co-pilot added that he wants to continue serving in the Russian aviation group in Syria.

"I can't wait until I get the all-clear from the medics, so that I can step back into the ranks. I'm going to ask our command to keep me on this base I have a debt to repay, for my commander."

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20151125/1030742094/pilot-su24-rescued-no-turkish-space-violation.html

There is no doubt this was a planned provocation.

Is this NATO?

I never study the back of my hand. Always found that phrase odd. Edited by macy37

that's the whole point, wouldn't need to study it cos you know its appearance automatically

My hands have a built in advantage in terms of identification. They are attached to me, and I can move them. Not sure how good I would be if my hands were detached.

J