Turks Shoot Down Russian Fighter Plane - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Turks Shoot Down Russian Fighter Plane

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that subs actually exist is at least a decent start?!

So does mount rushmore, do we suspect that's in Scotish waters?. I asked how you can suspect a sub, if the nail you're hanging that suspicion on is "it exists" then you must suspect everything that exists is in there too, or more likely it's another reason beyond being in existence that fuels this suspicion.

See while the west is focusing on Syria, Turkey, Russia, and trying to re-enact the Crimean War?

What's China up to?

Going into the West and attacking muslims, cutting of their comminications etc.

Edited by phart

We want the international community to know that we are ready for any kind of sacrifice when the security and life of our citizens and our border security are concerned. The downing of a jet that had violated Turkish airspace today has to be seen in this context as well.

“We do not adopt an approach that impeaches on the sovereignty of any country. But the world needs to know that it is our international right and our national duty to take measures against anybody who violates our borders on the land and in the air, in spite of our many warnings.”

Turkish Prime Minister

It sounds good but they weren't interested in "border security" when they buy the ISIS oil and transport it in, let tonnes of arms through, and thousands of people travel into Syria with false passports obtained in Turkey.

"

GAZIANTEP, Turkey — Under pressure from its allies in the West, Turkey has made it harder for would-be jihadists to slip across the border and join the ranks of the Islamic State group at its base in northern Syria.

But it has been unable — or unwilling — to halt the flow as the group, also called ISIS or ISIL, continues to replenish forces depleted in battle."

NYT

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/10/world/europe/despite-crackdown-path-to-join-isis-often-winds-through-porous-turkish-border.html

Edited by phart

jeus christ can folk stop viewing this through their tiny window of parochial politics. Trying to read the thread and it's interspersed with the political equivalent of folk making gang signs at each other. Go out and spraypaint it on walls, not on a thread where we have the first major NATO-Russian incident in a while.

i think there is room or a bit of both on this thread.

I know it's serious stuff but if we are going to get nuked there isn't really much we can do about it so we might as well try to see the funny side of it. I think it's useful for those of us who find it hard to get our head around all the stuff going on in the middle east (it's awfy complicated) to have a wee break for a laugh at Peever, in the midst of learning new stuff from those who are more knowledgable.

i think there is room or a bit of both on this thread.

I know it's serious stuff but if we are going to get nuked there isn't really much we can do about it so we might as well try to see the funny side of it. I think it's useful for those of us who find it hard to get our head around all the stuff going on in the middle east (it's awfy complicated) to have a wee break for a laugh at Peever, in the midst of learning new stuff from those who are more knowledgable.

blackface_3910.jpg

Peever surely has to be related to Brant Grebner somehow.