Davis Cup Semi Finals - Page 8 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Davis Cup Semi Finals

Parklife

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who the LTA woman was but she managed to purloin a medal too...surely only Judy deserves one. ..and SHE should have been down on the court at the end.

It was disappointing not to have the Saltire flying too and Flower of Scotland played

WTF does winning a "rubber" mean? Do they get a condom for every match they win?

noun

noun: rubber; plural noun: rubbers

a contest consisting of a series of successive matches (typically three or five) between the same sides or people in cricket, tennis, and other games.

"the opening rubber of Britain's Davis Cup tie against Argentina"

Not sure who the LTA woman was but she managed to purloin a medal too...surely only Judy deserves one. ..and SHE should have been down on the court at the end.

It was disappointing not to have the Saltire flying too and Flower of Scotland played

Ach, it the end of the day it was GB. We wouldn't like it if the English belted out God Sa....oh wait.

This thread really goes to show just how many wallopers there is on this board.

Well done, Andy, Jamie, Leon smith and everyone involved. Great work from them. A huge achievement by one of Scotland's best ever sportsmen in dragging the team to victory. :)

some of the stuff on this thread is depressing.

Great result. Well done to all involved.

You must be easily depressed if you can't find a wee bit of amusement out of posh tennis folk talking about rubbers.

I think it might just be a public school boy prank? It might be a jolly wheeze to get away with saying rude words without getting whipped for it?

Is thr Davis Cup no a bit like the Europa League?

No kent worth their salt really wants to play in it?

No, not at all. Federer and Wawrinka won it last year. Nadal always plays. Djokovic has described winning it as one of the achievements that propelled him to where he is today.

In summary, you're havering utter pish as usual.

Here's hoping he can use this as a motivator for next season. Hopefully he can add the Australian Open, French Open and ATP Finals to his collection.

Agassi is the the most decorated player in modern tennis in terms of winning every major competition he could enter(4 Slams, Olympic Gold, WTF and the Davis Cup) and the only one to achieve it.

Federer(He's got a Hopman Cup as well) is an Olympic Gold away, Nadal has to win the WTF and Djokovic needs the French and Olympic Gold to match that feat. It's amazing that only one player has ever achieved that level of success in nearly 30 years and now you have 3 players within touching distance and another just slightly behind. It really shows how strong mens tennis has been for the last decade.

It's late and I had a hard night on drink yesterday

BTW He was having a go at you kilty Jocks,says you lot are worse than the Union Jack mob at the tennis.

FTR I think you're both alright.

You really do talk utter pish sometimes.

I don't care what people wear to show their support to their team, as long as it stays legal.

I was pointing out the utter hypocrisy of some of the posters on here.

If you knew anything about me you'd know I spent my summer campaigning for a Yes vote. I'm friends with my MP and MSP who are both SNP.

However this is a free country, as is Belgium for that matter and the raving lunacy posted about a few folk waving Union Jacks was embarrassing.

The small minded parochial attitude of some on here is what holds this country back. It's the same mentality as the clowns in the Orange Lodge.

You really do talk utter pish sometimes.

I don't care what people wear to show their support to their team, as long as it stays legal.

I was pointing out the utter hypocrisy of some of the posters on here.

If you knew anything about me you'd know I spent my summer campaigning for a Yes vote. I'm friends with my MP and MSP who are both SNP.

However this is a free country, as is Belgium for that matter and the raving lunacy posted about a few folk waving Union Jacks was embarrassing.

The small minded parochial attitude of some on here is what holds this country back. It's the same mentality as the clowns in the Orange Lodge.

Well said

Tennis is certainly not a game just for "posh" people.I play a lot at Glasgow Club gorbals and there ,for instance, are people playing with peopie who are partially blind.They come on court for coaching with their guide dogs and do their best just to hit the ball.Loving it when they do!I voted yes too but didn't fall out with my friends who voted no.We even still play tennis together! :-))