Davis Cup Semi Finals - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Davis Cup Semi Finals

Parklife

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great couple of days at the Emirates. Yesterday in particular was brilliant sport. Great skill, excitement and drama. Hopefully Andy can close it out against Tomic today (far from a certainty IMO).

Tremendous viewing and Andy deserves a long rest after that! Can't understand how any Scot could cheer on the opposition when two guys from Dunblane are playing. Personally, Murray is a sporting hero of mine and I want him to win every match he plays - whether that be on the ATP tour, in the majors, representing team GB in the Davis Cup or representing team GB at the Olympics - were fellow Scots really wanting Switzerland to win that final in London?

As far as the Davis Cup final is concerned, Belgium are right to maximise their chances and play on clay. However, Murray would be foolish to miss the ATP Finals. The tour finals should be his priority - the ranking points on offer (not to mention the huge amount of prize money) could be the difference between number 2 and 3 ranking for the start of next season.

It's a tough call for him, but this may be the one chance he gets to win the Davis Cup.

I'm old enough to remember Dan Maskell saying it was the greatest prize in tennis...

I wish Andy all the best regardless what decision he makes,but the Davis cup is a very weak competition this year.I presume its an emotional thing for him but for instance the fact than Dan Evans gets a game with his ranking,plus the deciding match in Belgium was contested by two players ranked over60,tells a lot about the standard.