Labour Leadership - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour Leadership

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew about him till 2005 when the Canadians i was living with introduced him to me, or me to him.

Yeah I reckon it would have been roughly that time I was introduced to him. It was my dad who put me onto him, I haven't seen nearly as much of his stuff as I'd like.

Yeah I reckon it would have been roughly that time I was introduced to him. It was my dad who put me onto him, I haven't seen nearly as much of his stuff as I'd like.

Can find all the old Daily Shows online. :ok:

It's a shame he's quit, it certainly won't be the same without him.

I actually feel a bit sorry for her, only young, has never had a real job and Scottish Labour all at sea due to the indyref tactics which wasnt her decision, hardly surprising she is well out of her depth. Much less nippy than likes of Jenny Mara or odious like Dim Jim.

Do you know, in a way I do too. I've met people like Kezia at work: ambitious, puppyishly enthusiastic, sometimes with a modicum of ability, other times not, but always prepared to take on any old shite that more senior or more experienced colleagues won't touch with a bargepole.

She really ought to have taken a leaf from Chukka Umunna's book and sat this one out, because taking on the Scottish Labour leadership at this point in time is putting an otherwise promising political career in serious jeopardy.

She is getting some amount of air time for the leader of a party with only 1 MP ......

And i saw that wee rat Willie Rennie at the Lib Dem conference

Talking about the damage the SNP are doing to "my country"

"I will sing my national song as my habitat burns and whole species become extinct; I will sing it as gargantuan boiling waves flecked with rubble and major public buildings pursue me through the streets. I will sing it as I light a pyre of garbage to warn my fellow survivors that our enemies the Crabmen have begun their final sideways march out of the sea. I will sing my national song in a rich baritone in one of humankinds final mountaintop redoubts. Even when there is none left to hear but the carrion birds that circle me daily, I will sing."

:-))

And that's before Frankie had heard about the pig's heid...

Edited by Toepoke

"I will sing my national song as my habitat burns and whole species become extinct; I will sing it as gargantuan boiling waves flecked with rubble and major public buildings pursue me through the streets. I will sing it as I light a pyre of garbage to warn my fellow survivors that our enemies the Crabmen have begun their final sideways march out of the sea. I will sing my national song in a rich baritone in one of humankinds final mountaintop redoubts. Even when there is none left to hear but the carrion birds that circle me daily, I will sing."

:-))

And that's before Frankie had heard about the pig's heid...

Some types would read that and think to themselves... "That's the spirit old boy"!

Good old Jeremy on with Andrew Marr confirming he's all for a united Ireland, but a total unionist when it comes to Scotland.

This issue has never ever been explained away as far as I've seen.

The 'break-up of the country' is fearful and destructive, but allowing NI to secede is progressive.

'Pooling and sharing' and workers' solidarity is fine for Dundee and Doncaster, but not Dundee and Derry or Dublin.

CP5kx_8XAAAh_Ix.jpg

I would like to think that he has been misinformed (most probably deliberately by that fud Neil Findlay).

This issue has never ever been explained away as far as I've seen.

The 'break-up of the country' is fearful and destructive, but allowing NI to secede is progressive.

'Pooling and sharing' and workers' solidarity is fine for Dundee and Doncaster, but not Dundee and Derry or Dublin.

Labour's continued endorsement of British nationalism is indeed hard to fathom.

That said, I have no great issue with members of the Labour party campaigning to keep the UK together, although the manner in which they went about it last year - deliberately targeting vulnerable groups in society such as old age pensioners and refugees and putting the frighteners on them - was appalling, and a million miles away from a party that claims to look out for the little guy. More than that, it should go against the grain of anyone who believes in fairness, decency and transparency in politics.

Not surprising really. I know of many Scots nationalists (myself included) and Scots unionists who support the peaceful, democratic unification of Ireland. Both Scottish independence and Irish unification in this century are both inevitable anyway.

Funny how they don't tell you that behind closed doors - Winston Churchill, Harold Wilson and Ted Heath were all actually quite keen on offloading the Ulster plantation.

As I've said previously I do quite like Jeremy Corbyn (not that I'll ever be voting Labour mind) but he's really let himself down there. Very ill informed.

He just doesn't "get" Scotland at all.

That said, I have no great issue with members of the Labour party campaigning to keep the UK together,

Yes it's the usual issue of double standards, except "Irish nationalism good, Scottish nationalism bad" is much more clearly exposed, than "British nationalism good, Scottish nationalism bad" because people not used to defending or even acknowledging Brit nationalism.

Remember when the Irish president came to UK and was roundly feted at the Palace, and all the talk was of our bosom buddies with enduring cultural ties between neighbourly nations, at the exact same time as Scottish separatist horror stories of families being ripped asunder and made into foreigners...

Edited by exile