James Forrest - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

James Forrest

JagDude

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ritchie impressed me when he played at Anfield, he looked sharp and showed a good range of passing, on more than one occasion he switched play with one pass, he also put in some really dangerous crosses. IMHO he's a better player than Forrest, he's certainly showed more of a football brain than I've seen from JF.

Watching Ritchie for 10mins made me angry as to why Forrest started the game - he was a passenger today

The only reason forrest is selected is because what i feel is WGS puts a lot of emphasis on training.now i would imagine forrest will look great in training running with the ball and no one wanting to injure a teammate but in a real international game he looks lost he doesnt have enough pace or power or football brain to trouble gd defenders..ialso for one saw tonight that the epl players,mcarthur,morrison,ritchie are miles better than celtic players.brown,mulgrew,forrest. I do feel however Griffiths should have been on as that time fletcher was through and he attempted a pass summed him up. Griffiths shoots on sight and should definitely been on. Keep the faith IF WE BEAT POLAND AND GERMANY BEAT IRELAND. We are playoffs.

The only reason forrest is selected is because what i feel is WGS puts a lot of emphasis on training.now i would imagine forrest will look great in training running with the ball and no one wanting to injure a teammate but in a real international game he looks lost he doesnt have enough pace or power or football brain to trouble gd defenders..ialso for one saw tonight that the epl players,mcarthur,morrison,ritchie are miles better than celtic players.brown,mulgrew,forrest. I do feel however Griffiths should have been on as that time fletcher was through and he attempted a pass summed him up. Griffiths shoots on sight and should definitely been on. Keep the faith IF WE BEAT POLAND AND GERMANY BEAT IRELAND. We are playoffs.

Do you seriously think we will beat Poland?

To be fair to Forrest, in the 1st half he made a couple of good runs. Should've been hooked long before he was though (instead of Maloney?), was anonymous in the 2nd half.

How Forrest stayed in so long, and Fletcher got 90 minutes when Anya, Naismith and Griffiths were on the bench is beyond me.

I thought Matt Phillips (and Chris Martin) made an impact when they came on.

Forrest was dreadful, Hutton was more of a threat running with the ball and getting crosses in. Gary MacKay-Steven must be royally pissed off he gets overlooked for him.

Not that Forrest is either, but I don't think GMS is consistent enough.

I thought that was part of the problem on Friday, too many hot and cold players, that were cold.

This thread exemplifies a lot on here. It goes like this:-

Fans don't rate a player and don't want him near the side. Wait until the side are beaten and single out afore-mentioned player as the scapegoat. Sorry but to my eyes up in the West Stand Forrest was no worse than anyone else out there on the pitch and this comes from someone who is yet to be convinced by him. We lost against a far superior side and certainly not because Forrest played whilst someone else didn't in my view. Anya is one of my favourite players but he made no more an impact than Forrest when he came on so is he shite too?

I think Anya did do more than Forrest in his brief cameo. As did Ritchie and that's coming from someone who doesn't rate Ritchie at all.

Anya at least looked to take on his fullback when he got the opportunity, Forrest just looked lost the whole game.

This thread exemplifies a lot on here. It goes like this:-

Fans don't rate a player and don't want him near the side. Wait until the side are beaten and single out afore-mentioned player as the scapegoat. Sorry but to my eyes up in the West Stand Forrest was no worse than anyone else out there on the pitch and this comes from someone who is yet to be convinced by him. We lost against a far superior side and certainly not because Forrest played whilst someone else didn't in my view. Anya is one of my favourite players but he made no more an impact than Forrest when he came on so is he shite too?

To be fair, a few people (myself included) haven't rated Forrest from day 1, not just last night or Friday.

My point is he is being singled out here. He was no worse/better than a lot on the pitch.

True and I'd say the same for Brown, Hutton etc after Friday's game.

I think the frustration with Forrest is that so many people can see he's not good enough yet, but Strachan still sticks with him.

Forrest spent 80 minutes defending and breaking. He did those tasks to a reasonable standard, tho on the whole we didn't break very much. That's not really down to Forrest tho, we didnt have great retention in the middle of the park. Forrest was probably the right choice to start this game and I dont think he really let anyone down. Certainly not to the level some seem to be saying of 'bomb him out the squad for the forseeable future'.

And those saying Ritchie did more.. well. he came on when we had a wee head of steam going and was fresh against a tiring German fullback. That said i do like that he can overlap Hutton, offer for the ball, not get it, loop back around the outside of Hutton then deliver with his left foot. That's a nice little pattern that I'd like to see us do more often.

fringo, on 08 Sept 2015 - 1:22 PM, said:

To be fair, a few people (myself included) haven't rated Forrest from day 1, not just last night or Friday.

Indeed. Folk are allowed to have an opinion about players. Forrest may not have been much worse than the others but he'll get more stick as he has been rank rotten on every single appearance he has had.

True and I'd say the same for Brown, Hutton etc after Friday's game.

I think the frustration with Forrest is that so many people can see he's not good enough yet, but Strachan still sticks with him.

The difference with Brown I see is that Brown starts every game and has been mince now since the Ireland at home match for us. Last night he was a fraction less mince to be fair too him but that isn't saying a lot but he will keep his place because I struggle to see anyone better out there to fill the engine room type player. By that I mean a player who runs around and wins or tries to get possession and get things moving forward but he is not creative enough as can see by his bog standard passes to retain possession. Adam couldn't do that role as he isn't that type of player, neither is Darren Fletcher and can't recall if Dorrans is even that type of player.