Sportscene Is Pish - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sportscene Is Pish

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's got worse since last year somehow! Some of the highlights are Laughable with the voice over and not proper commentary. And what is with the games that woman goes to where she speaks to the fans for longer than the actual highlights. Then it's all silly angles. Don't know if it's supposed to be artistic but it's shit art.

Maybe it's a contractual agreement that they can only show 30 seconds highlights of some games.

they are severely restricted as to the amount of time they can give to highlights, hence all the other crap. that should not be seen as a defence of BBC Scotland, as they should be giving much more to the game up here and be able to get a better highlights package

I don't watch it and haven't done so for about 5 years. Total pish and a waste of money for the licence payers.

I'm the same, watch the highlights of the 'well game online, watch most of the live games on BT, Sky and even Alba and will watch the extended highlights if Motherwell are on Alba.

I used to have quite a good knowledge of Scottish teams as id see every team 2-3 times in the flesh and another few times on TV, plus sportscene.

Not getting to anywhere near as many games now with work/family commitments, and occasionally need to ask "who's number 15?" Etc and that's the Motherwell players!

:lol:

A good highlights package without all the padding would be great, 1 hour show, 6 games 10 minutes each?

Unless there's a big talking point in a game, I'm unlikely to watch the highlights outwith my own team, but packaged better I would.

I'm the same, watch the highlights of the 'well game online, watch most of the live games on BT, Sky and even Alba and will watch the extended highlights if Motherwell are on Alba.

I used to have quite a good knowledge of Scottish teams as id see every team 2-3 times in the flesh and another few times on TV, plus sportscene.

Not getting to anywhere near as many games now with work/family commitments, and occasionally need to ask "who's number 15?" Etc and that's the Motherwell players!

:lol:

A good highlights package without all the padding would be great, 1 hour show, 6 games 10 minutes each?

Unless there's a big talking point in a game, I'm unlikely to watch the highlights outwith my own team, but packaged better I would.

I'm much the same. Hopefully it doesn't get shown in other countries as it would make the league look even worse than it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Lower league diddy game on TV before several top flight games, why?

Absolutely shocking presentation of Scottish fitba, BBC are a bunch of cnts.

Purely based on the fact that more people want to watch the diddy game than the other top flight games.

Even some of the online highlights are now only 1:50 long now. It really is becoming a joke. Fair enough if they have time constraints for the main show but I fail to see why they cant have (atleast) 5 - 10 minute packages for each game online.

If I want to see more that 5 minutes of the Motherwell game (without going) it shouldnt have to be a pretty basic 9 minute package from the club on 1 camera with no commentary.

I actually like the new Channel 5 show. Much better than listening to analysis from Steve Claridge in a dull studio at half past one in the morning.

It was rather rudimentary but there was much more football on it, perfect for watching on i-player when you are ironing.

Edited by Larky Masher

What I've never understood is why are the highlights so short, if it's contractual reasons then the league must set these. They must be able to see that our premier highlights package on terrestrial tv is embarrassing and reflects poorly on our game. So why don't they allow longer highlights to help promote the game.

What I've never understood is why are the highlights so short, if it's contractual reasons then the league must set these. They must be able to see that our premier highlights package on terrestrial tv is embarrassing and reflects poorly on our game. So why don't they allow longer highlights to help promote the game.

You basically get the goals and very little else. Good point raised. They spend more time discussing the highlights than the actual footage. :-))

I think around 5-7 minutes highlights of each game, starting with the team lines, formation, information on changes from previous week, injuries, previous performances etc, etc, etc. Create interest in the game and create familiairity with the teams, players, etc, etc. Then limit of the chat to around 2 minutes before the next set of highlights. Stick this on BBC2 at 9pm if it's going to last 90 minutes or so. I hardly watch Sportscene now due to it's format and because it's so p1sh.