Scumbag Bbc - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scumbag Bbc

13:40: Yes chief on 'BBC bias' Blair Jenkins, the chief executive of Yes Scotland, has said he does not believe there is a systemic "top down" bias at the BBC against the Yes campaign.
Speaking on the John Beattie show on BBC Radio Scotland, he added: "I do think there have been a number of occasions where mistakes have been made where I think the balance has not been right

WTF? :blink:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bizarre statement but Im presuming he's just making sure the official Yes campaign are not seen in any way to be advocating public protests against the BBC. I don't expect the Yes campaign or the SNP to be doing anything to rock the boat at this stage and will be looking to keep everyone and everything on a very short leash over the next few days. There's little to be gained by having Blair Jenkins endorse or encourage the BBC protests at this stage.

It would be good to get those people who are out protesting at the BBC, back into towns and villages spreading the word.

I heard Jenkins on the radio (John Beattie's programme I think it was) and frankly his platitudes were rather weak. Blair McDougall was likening the BBC demo to a crazed violent mob with pitchforks, making up stuff about intimidation by Yes supporters etc. etc. What was needed was someone prepared to call him out for those downright lies. He really is an odious scumbag, that McDougall.

Everyone can see the bias for themselves now that Robinson has dropped the cloak of invisibility. Ludicrous to be so wishy washy about it. Jenkins is a clever guy but he lacks a killer instinct at times.

Bizarre statement but Im presuming he's just making sure the official Yes campaign are not seen in any way to be advocating public protests against the BBC. I don't expect the Yes campaign or the SNP to be doing anything to rock the boat at this stage and will be looking to keep everyone and everything on a very short leash over the next few days. There's little to be gained by having Blair Jenkins endorse or encourage the BBC protests at this stage.

It would be good to get those people who are out protesting at the BBC, back into towns and villages spreading the word.

It would indeed. We can't change how the BBC operate, between now and Thursday. Ignore the BBC and let's get back to talking to the folk who matter.

While (I confess) I'm still paying the licence fee, I'll keep pounding their sports page for scores updates, and I'm listening to Sportsound now.

Both free I know, but Mrs Grim is ben watching live TV. Without cable. we don't have the internet speed yet to legally stop paying.

I have been boycotting the BBC since the vote.....but thought, what harm would it be to watch Strictly tonight.....but the image the BBC portrays of fair play and Britishness didn't sit very well with me after their nastiness towards Scotland. I know it's nothing to do with the people on that programme, but I wasn't enjoying it. Possibly it was seeing Julie Murray dressed in tartan, and her English partner in a kilt, after all the bile her son had to endure.

So no Strictly for me, and I hate X factor....does this mean I have to get a girlfriend again?

Edited by Hessen

if that is the same programme they played a few years back, then yes, a fantastic nature documentary. some of the images they captured were breathtaking.

pretty sure these programmes are joint ventures though, with people like nat geographic, hbo etc.