Scumbag Bbc - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scumbag Bbc

"The BBC considers that the questions were valid and the overall report balanced and impartial, in line with our editorial guidelines."

If that is balanced and impartial, we need a redefinition of what balanced and impartial means.

If stories about the Big Big Debate are true, then 'balance' could mean trying to present both sides as being equally strongly supported when one is stronger than the other. Does anyone know if this is just internet rumours and paranoia, or is it true?

To be fair to the BBC, when there are specific referendum-related events that are 'designed' to be balanced, like set-piece debates, they duly line up equal numbers of Yes and No people. But at other times, they revert to the normal proportional points of view - so Question Time, every week for weeks on end with an inbuilt majority of unionist views.

BBC impartiality guidelines were presumably drawn up to fit the normal party political system. Are they adequate to deal with referenda of this type?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://rt.com/uk/187344-bbc-scottish-independence-bias/

The BBC faces accusations of anti-independence bias after its political editor, Nick Robinson, produced a report that wrongly claimed Alex Salmond had ignored his question during a heated press conference.
Calling into question the impartiality of the publicly-owned broadcaster, the veteran BBC correspondent edited out Salmond’s lengthy answer, in which the First Minister claimed the BBC had skewed facts and colluded with the Treasury to undermine the “Yes” campaign.
The exchange between Robinson and Salmond came after the BBC reported that a UK Treasury source said the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) would move its headquarters to London if Scots voted for independence. At the press conference, Robinson asked Salmond how Scottish taxpayers would make up the loss of tax revenue.
Highlighting similar announcements from Scottish-based firms, Robinson said:
“Why should a Scottish voter believe you, a politician, against men who are responsible for billions of pounds of profits?”
What is not shown in Robinson’s report is Salmond’s reply and the heated exchange that followed.

The way that little rat Nick Robinson immediately asked the question again to Salmond after he gave the reply seemed weird at the time. Obviously now I think he knew fine well Salmond would be edited out.

This is now becoming outright lying and false reporting by the BBC.

The Treasury briefed journalists about RBS's intention to relocate to London if Scotland were to go for independence, before RBS's board had formally made the decision to announce the move, I have learned.

In a related development, the First Minister of Scotland has accused the Treasury in a new letter to the Cabinet Secretary of a "politically motivated breach of all accepted protocols on market sensitive information", in the way that it disclosed to the media on Wednesday evening that Royal Bank of Scotland was planning to move its legal home across the border.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-29185319

They will have a production line of these stooges and scare stories lined up for between now and Thursday with the BBC breathlessly carry each one as if it was true. Everyone of them will be a con job of some kind. Just like Standard Life and RBS you do not have to look to hard to see the strings being pulled.

I've just caught an interview with Jim Sillars on bbc news. Half time at the fitba

The female interviewer actually stated 'but you will have to take the euro' and 'but you will be expelled from the eu'

Jesusfuckinwept. I had to check that this was an interview from today, not two years ago.

Best bit was Jim commenting on the last couple of days of scares.......These people are "at it" :ok:

I've just caught an interview with Jim Sillars on bbc news. Half time at the fitba

The female interviewer actually stated 'but you will have to take the euro' and 'but you will be expelled from the eu'

Jesusfuckinwept. I had to check that this was an interview from today, not two years ago.

Best bit was Jim commenting on the last couple of days of scares.......These people are "at it" :ok:

She obviously wanted him to have at go at businesses, following up on his 'day of reckoning' speech....he did well

Seen that as well. Jim was brilliant, actually punched the air a view times at his replies :lol:

BBC news 24 report just showed mostly No (including OO march) and a little snippet of Salmond. Shame they didn't show the many thousands in Glasgow,

Yeah you would think it was a pretty normal election campaign with campaigners here and there, someone in a helicopter etc. You wouldn;t guess there were whole streets heavong with people, or was I just imagining that?

Here's a counterweight to the BBC's "impartial" analysis:

Might be worth sharing with others...

David McWilliams

A key statement is at 1:39:

"Going independent now is probably the best time they [ie Scots] could ever do so"

Also an article here:

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2014/09/11/independent-scotland-will-play-the-irish-card-and-steal-our-investment-strategy