Charles Kennedy - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the comments I'm seeing on Facebook are simply lacking in basic humanity.

Quite. Saddened, but not surprised, to see the Daily Mail have reproduced a 2008 article from Menzies Campbell attacking Charlie for his drinking and leadership

Quite. Saddened, but not surprised, to see the Daily Mail have reproduced a 2008 article from Menzies Campbell attacking Charlie for his drinking and leadership

Although this is a nice touch.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/charles-kennedy-dead-a-guy-once-asked-the-lib-dem-leader-who-his-favourite-muppet-was-and-his-letter-response-was-wonderful-10290926.html?icn=puff-2

He rescued my wallet in Heathrow one time in the 00s when someone was trying to pickpocket me. He laughed heartily when I thanked saying 'typical Libdem Charles, the nice party'

A very good man, he spoke on behalf of all of us unconvinced by Blair's route to Iraq war.

I was hoping the Libdem wipeout last month might have been the making of him, he would

have been an quality list vote addition to Holyrood in 2016.

Was shocked to see his condition on Question Time the other month, alcoholism is a real curse.

Condolences to the family. RIP

I was convinced everyone would vote Lib Dem in 2005, under Kennedy they were the only British party to oppose the Iraq war. That the Lib Dems didn't win was a real lesson in politics for me, that so long as folk are doing alright for themselves then feck the wider world and any injustices done in their name.

Should have remembered that lesson for last year's vote.

Why is it when someone dies he all of a sudden was a great man and people spew out pish about him but when he was alive they did nae think the same? Im not a hypocrit so will not be saying anything nice about him.Is this thread just for cuddly bunnies?

Never had a good word to say about him when he was alive so not going to start now.

well maybe you should have kept your feelings to yourself and stayed out of this thread, there always has to be one.

Kennedy obviously had huge demons in his life but he stuck by his principles on the Iraq war and the coalition so was one of the few Westminster politicians with some integrity

Why is it when someone dies he all of a sudden was a great man and people spew out pish about him but when he was alive they did nae think the same? Im not a hypocrit so will not be saying anything nice about him.Is this thread just for cuddly bunnies?

you sir are an arsehole

Maybe some folk can rise above the fact they didn't agree with his politics and realise that a decent human being has passed on and leaves behind a ten year old son?

No one is asking you to eulogise him but to come in and let us all know you have nothing nice to say about him just hours after he died shows a lack of class on your part. Nothing new.

Was he Ill? I always had him as a higher functioning drinker as opposed to an alcoholic. 55, Mad.

No cause of death given, but reading between the lines on what commentators are saying and the few facts known - ambulance called first then police attended - its sad to say that it looks as if he may have taken his own life.

I'm not a hypocrite either.

That's why I'll always call you a absolute cvnt of a man.

Away and make your daft wee models and give us peace.

Fair enough if u didn't like him or others when they die.

I couldn't stand the SDP w

...the SDP when they were around. ..and Kennedy was part of that failed bunch.

But whilst I didn't agree with his choice of political parties, I did agree with some of his stances on Iraq etc.

And he was a likeable funny guy.

His graceful and amusing losing speech last month contrasted greatly with tbe bitterness of many others.