Transfer Rumours - Page 51 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fee is rumoured to be around 120k, which is nowhere near his development fee, but better than losing him for nothing to Houston Dynamo or some other team. He was absolutely terrible for us last season, never kicked on. Should do well for Hibs though.

Fee is rumoured to be around 120k, which is nowhere near his development fee, but better than losing him for nothing to Houston Dynamo or some other team. He was absolutely terrible for us last season, never kicked on. Should do well for Hibs though.

Why? I have genuinely never saw anything special about him. Never understood why Saints fans raved about him.

My only disappointment about him leaving is that Hibs (or any other team) weren't mug enough to pay a bit more for him.

Harsh Marky. A couple of seasons back I thought he was the best we'd produced in a long time and a long way ahead of McLean..despite being a few years younger. Last season though he was abysmal .. just like everyone else(McLean apart).

Motherwell get goalkeeper Connor Ripley on loan from Middlesbrough. 6'3" big commanding keeper.

Only draw back is his dad is former England winger Stuart Rip ye, as he was affectionately known cos he was always guilty of missing sitters when you were waiting on his team for a coupon.

Harsh Marky. A couple of seasons back I thought he was the best we'd produced in a long time and a long way ahead of McLean..despite being a few years younger. Last season though he was abysmal .. just like everyone else(McLean apart).

Mickey,

You'll have seen the boy a helluva lot more times than me. I'll see St. Mirren maybe 4 times a season in person plus telly matches. So say maybe 10 matches a season.

I just always heard so much about him but honestly never really saw him do anything special.

I'll take your word for it.

Motherwell get goalkeeper Connor Ripley on loan from Middlesbrough. 6'3" big commanding keeper.

Only draw back is his dad is former England winger Stuart Rip ye, as he was affectionately known cos he was always guilty of missing sitters when you were waiting on his team for a coupon.

:ok:

Not had a keeper that big since Sieb " swing on the bar" Dijkstra.

May would be a signing that gives us real depth in that position. Although part of me thinks it's wasted money...

We'll only play one striker - at present it's Rooney or Goodie. What does adding May in to that mix give us? Will he score more than Rooney? Doubtful. Is his hold-up/link-up play better than Goodies? Debateable. May would, in effect, be an amalgam of both. Would that really make us any better?

'Hold up/Link up play better than Goodies ? Debateable' - you've got to be having a laugh ! Goodwillie produces virtually nothing, every game. There is no link up. He gets the ball at his feet and, if he doesn't lose the ball with his bad touch, he just turns into the face of the defender and loses the ball. He plays like a stupid wee immature laddie (Ah, but then again, that's exactly what he is !) May would be streets ahead of Goodwillie, absolutely no doubt about that !

'Hold up/Link up play better than Goodies ? Debateable' - you've got to be having a laugh ! Goodwillie produces virtually nothing, every game. There is no link up. He gets the ball at his feet and, if he doesn't lose the ball with his bad touch, he just turns into the face of the defender and loses the ball. He plays like a stupid wee immature laddie (Ah, but then again, that's exactly what he is !) May would be streets ahead of Goodwillie, absolutely no doubt about that !

I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong.

May was never a link man he got most of his goals playing alongside Steven Maclean and his lean spell in his last season coincided with Macca being out injured. Unfortunately for Saints May is gone and Maclean isn't the player he was since his latest knee injury. No doubt May would do well back up here but nothing ever convinced me that he will be successful any higher than Wednesday.

Not sure how he is now but at Saints he used to just get the ball and shoot from anywhere it got ridiculous at times

Edited by scottishedgar

McHattie is good going forward and scores some good goals. Just a pity that he can't defend which is a pre-requisite for a left back you would have thought.

Not in the modern game apparently. It seems to be the trend to have wingers at full back. Fine when you're the team on top but a total liability under pressure.

Not in the modern game apparently. It seems to be the trend to have wingers at full back. Fine when you're the team on top but a total liability under pressure.

Last season was a stroll for the Mighty Jambos which hid McHattie's defensive frailties.

This season will be completely different which is why we now have a Nigerian International left back in place.

May would be a signing that gives us real depth in that position. Although part of me thinks it's wasted money...

We'll only play one striker - at present it's Rooney or Goodie. What does adding May in to that mix give us? Will he score more than Rooney? Doubtful. Is his hold-up/link-up play better than Goodies? Debateable. May would, in effect, be an amalgam of both. Would that really make us any better?

Goodies? Are you serious?