Transfer Rumours - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the papers Celtic offered about £900k but Middlesborough are willing to pay nearly double that.

Rangers being linked to Scotland u18 Tom Lang. Centre half that's just left Birmingham.

Would be delighted if we managed to get £1.8m for Ciftci just now. Think it's unlikely though.

If he wants to go to Celtic he'll need to wait till next summer, I would hope.

And they have.

They said no more sales to Celtic. I think if they reneged on that now (note, "renege") it'd be the end of the road for a lot of people.

agreed. I think they are in a position now where they would take a lower offer from elsewhere. At least i hope that is their stand point.

If Middelsborough offer anywhere near that he will be away and I would not be overly upset. great player on his day for us, but he's not extending so take it.

agreed. I think they are in a position now where they would take a lower offer from elsewhere. At least i hope that is their stand point.

If Middelsborough offer anywhere near that he will be away and I would not be overly upset. great player on his day for us, but he's not extending so take it.

Right, so Utd are in the position now that they'll turn down an improved offer from Celtic of say £1.3-1.5m for a player who they'll lose for nothing purely out of spite?

That's nonsense & never going to happen.

Ciftci would be an awful signing & hopefully this comes to nothing.

So you did renege on your debt.

Nope.

We paid every repayment as per our agreement.

The bank then wanted to do a deal to get out football.

We'd have continued to have serviced the debt like any normal football club.

Just because you lot stood by and watched your club slowly die, there's no reason to make up untruths about us.

Craigy Boy got hero worshipped as you lot thought he had "off the radar wealth". Same with Murray you lot lapped up the overspending and did next to badger all when it went tits up.

Enjoy Alloa.

Seems some supporters of 1 company are having great difficulty in distinguishing between normal business financial agreements and going into Administration/Liquidation as result of being unable to pay the bills.

The banks were the ones who decided they wanted to scale down their involvement in football and looked to do deals which they obviously felt was in their interest. They could have easily kept the old arrangements going and collected their interest and capital payments which were being met along with all other outgoings.

Maybe said company could have also had a similar deal had they not gotten themselves into such a state financially?

It's a bit odd, but since these posts there's been no sign of Larky Masher on this thread.

He must've gone on his holidays or something. Do they have the TAMB in Airdrie?

Right, so Utd are in the position now that they'll turn down an improved offer from Celtic of say £1.3-1.5m for a player who they'll lose for nothing purely out of spite?

If United accepted £1.5m for Ciftci they would lose much more in the long term from the supporters who would turn their backs on the club after their promise to sell no more players to Celtic. Season tickets are already down to 4000 this year which I reckon is about 30% down on last season.

We're sick of it to be honest. It wouldn't be spite not to sell, it would be a business decision. At some point you have to do what your customers are telling you.

It's a bit odd, but since these posts there's been no sign of Larky Masher on this thread.

He must've gone on his holidays or something. Do they have the TAMB in Airdrie?

Still here but there's been nothing of any substance to respond to and I'm only answering you out of pity.

Kenneth you are reading this wrong. Dont think it would be spite, just not a very astute move by Thompson if he did. think he recognises this. not sure about utd's position but ST's call whether he can afford to do that

Still here but there's been nothing of any substance to respond to and I'm only answering you out of pity.

You don't consider two posters fundamentally debunking your incorrect assertion substantial?

Fair enough!

Edited by Marky

If United accepted £1.5m for Ciftci they would lose much more in the long term from the supporters who would turn their backs on the club after their promise to sell no more players to Celtic. Season tickets are already down to 4000 this year which I reckon is about 30% down on last season.

We're sick of it to be honest. It wouldn't be spite not to sell, it would be a business decision. At some point you have to do what your customers are telling you.

There is no money in Scottish fitba. Buying low and selling high / selling home grown players is the way of it now. You can forget keeping hold of your best players for any more than a couple of years or trying to build a team. This applies to every club - Celtic are no different.

You can't exactly pick & choose who you sell to - you sell to whoever makes you the best offer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were no other offers for Armstrong & GMS? You got a decent fee for Armstrong & GMS was always going to be a nominal fee given he was leaving (we sold Ledley under similar circumstances for 100 grand to put it into perspective).

If another club tries to sign Ciftci & offers more than us, I don't have any doubt Thompson will sell to them.

As unpalatable as losing your best players is, I'm not sure I understand the gripe here.

Utd should just have picked another club to sell GMS or Armstrong to.

That said, would have been difficult to pick when only Celtic were interested.

United are entitled to make whatever business decision suits them just as they did in January.

Personally I hope we don't get him as I just don't rate him that highly. Can't see anyone paying any more than £1m though

I don't think there is any chance that United would turn down decent money from Celtic, just because their fans would go in the huff.

I disagree.

Did you hear Thompson say "categorically no more sales to Celtic"? He would be a complete idiot to go back on that.

There is no money in Scottish fitba. Buying low and selling high / selling home grown players is the way of it now. You can forget keeping hold of your best players for any more than a couple of years or trying to build a team. This applies to every club - Celtic are no different.

You can't exactly pick & choose who you sell to - you sell to whoever makes you the best offer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were no other offers for Armstrong & GMS? You got a decent fee for Armstrong & GMS was always going to be a nominal fee given he was leaving (we sold Ledley under similar circumstances for 100 grand to put it into perspective).

If another club tries to sign Ciftci & offers more than us, I don't have any doubt Thompson will sell to them.

As unpalatable as losing your best players is, I'm not sure I understand the gripe here.

Would Celtic have sold Larsson to Rangers if they'd made the best bid?