Happy St. George's Day - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem to embrace it more than we do with St Andrew.

Indeed. They are lucky, I suppose, that it falls at a nice time of year. St Andrews falls in November, well into the autumn and just before Christmas - if anyone is up for celebrating anything at that time of the year it is going to be that instead.

Edited by scotlad

Who decides on what dates these things are "celebrated"? Probably some English fuker gave us the end of November?

Did any of these folk actually exist?

Why don't we just change St Andrews day to the early May Bank Holiday? Lines up with the rest of the UK and means everyone can soak up some rays and get leathered?

God bless you St Andrew.

J

An immigrant as well if high school history memory serves right. Was he not Greek but born in what today is known as Syria?

Palestine i thought, or greater Israel depending on where you stand politically these days

Correct. St George founded ISIS.

So, now we are getting somewhere. After an extensive TAMB investigation we can now be fairly sure that St George was responsible (indirectly maybe) for demolishing the twin towers. I wonder if Bin Laden was related to St George?

Sat in a pub decked with english flags etc draped all around it and it's packed with my mates and the locals, all of them having a ball.

Good on them. It's their day.

They wouldn't let me sing Flower Of Scotland on the karaoke though :lol: