Game Of Thrones - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red wedding?

Yeah. Doesn't seem much point in watching the fourth series as it seems that the fight is between a fire witch about to sacrifice a , an army of the undead, a lass with dragons holding a 20 year grudge despite her dad being a total walloper by the sound of it and the Tories in Kings Landing.

Yeah. Doesn't seem much point in watching the fourth series as it seems that the fight is between a fire witch about to sacrifice a , an army of the undead, a lass with dragons holding a 20 year grudge despite her dad being a total walloper by the sound of it and the Tories in Kings Landing.

:rollsmile:

• 1 month later...

I went and watched it,

Was great seeing Dany's storyline as been waiting on that meeting for ages (not happened in the books yet). Also considering i've only read the books and seen the first season, it was effortless to slip into the storyline, that's an incredible feat by the makers of the show.

Aye, this was the first episode that the majority was not from the books yet. Interesting seeing some book theories being confirmed by the show; e.g. valyrian steel = dragon steel. Always suspected but never confirmed before last night.

My money's on the young kid Olly to have a prominent role in the 'For the watch' moment... Samwell basically gave him the go-ahead last night, unintentionally.

TWOW better come out before Season 6 though - otherwise the show is going to spoil a lot more.

Yeah i just assumed Valyrian steel would do that to others, so wasn't surprised, it wasn't till i read something online that i realised it hadn't been confirmed 100% in the books. Fortunately Snow was only hit with the blunt end while his sword was just out of reach. Can he get to it in time...

Yeah they sort of use a hammer when making clues, like the Wilding woman sending her kids off as they try and build emotional empathy in 4 mins of screen time for her death. I was surprised she wasn't wearing a red-shirt.

Yeah they sort of use a hammer when making clues, like the Wilding woman sending her kids off as they try and build emotional empathy in 4 mins of screen time for her death. I was surprised she wasn't wearing a red-shirt.

Yep, although I thought the Wildling woman's mini-arc was quite well handled. The undead children were pretty spooky. I'd much rather a new character's arc be done in 15 mins like that rather than drawn out over a number of episodes like they've previously done. Also I'm sure she'll be shown again as one of the wights attacking the Wall.

If that was the first ep you've seen since S1 then you've missed the abomination that is the sand snakes... if you thought they were one-dimensional in the books, you ain't see nuthin.

If that was the first ep you've seen since S1 then you've missed the abomination that is the sand snakes... if you thought they were one-dimensional in the books, you ain't see nuthin.

Agree, the whole Sand Snakes thing worked a bit in the book (I did have to read it a couple of times to figure them out), but just doesn't at all on the TV series.

I thought the Stannis parts were pretty badly developed. There was no real reason for him to do what he did, what does he even get in return? Seemed like a hell of a gamble.

The Dany section at the end was good, another few interesting things there for the book readers. More questions being answered about things coming up in TWOW!

Edited by harrystarfish

I thought the Stannis parts were pretty badly developed. There was no real reason for him to do what he did, what does he even get in return? Seemed like a hell of a gamble.

The Dany section at the end was good, another few interesting things there for the book readers. More questions being answered about things coming up in TWOW!

Not sure why Davos didn't take her out of reach of Stannis. It would totally be within character. In the books

Not more savage than the books, in the books the Azhai Azhor plunges his sword into his wifes heart to make it magic.