Game Of Thrones - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems to be the general consensus round our way. Another thing never mentioned in the TV series the fact Jon Snow is also a Warg, and very powerful one at that

Also Johns last words in the book were "Ghost".

Did he then Warg into Ghost?

Will Millasander resurrect him a la Bredric Dondarion and Thoros of Myr (Paul Kay)?

J

in the books victarion is about to enter slavers bay with the entire iron born fleet to take Dany back to Euron.

Dany meets up with the guy they killed in season one of the show, who heads the warriors she meets in the show.

Balon is dead in the books he died crossing a bridge

Jacqen is in oldtown pretending to be that guy who tends to the ravens, it's the kindly man who teaches her. Arya is also a powerful warg, and when she is blind wargs into animals to see who is hitting her.

Jaime is being led into a trap by Brienne.

• 1 month later...

So just finished watching Series 5 last night. I think that's the best Series so far. However, didn't like a couple of things in the last couple of episodes. Burning of a young lassie wasn't cool - not even for GoT. Anyway, I was just beginning to like Stanis and was hoping that Davos would take the Princess with him to Castleblack (Castlerock?). Not sure Stanis is deid and if not, the Red Priestess could be in a spot of bother now.

There were quite a few predictable parts to it also. Not that it's a bad thing - always good to know you're onto something.

Was annoyed with the "killing" of Jon Snow and didn't see that coming. Was really enjoying that storyline. I'm fairly sure he isn't deid though - the way the Whitewalker leader mannie and Snow were having a stare off suggests there more to come between them.

Daenarys getting dropped off by her dragon in the middle of nowhere and finding the Dothraki (I assume that's who they were) was all rather convenient. What was the ring she dropped as the 5,000 horse-back army managed to sneak up on her?!

Sansa and Theon - did they jump into a moat or a pile of cleared snow? Can't imagine they are dead - Sansa just beginning to find out some of her siblings are still on the go. Looking forward to Ramsay dying a rather gruesome death.....surely has to happen.

Arya - no idea what is going on there really. Don't think she is dead - would be a complete and utter waste of a storyline and character if she was.

The Sparrows (I think that's what they are called - with the ex-Bond baddie as the Head Sparrow) is a great story too. I think they've got it coming to them big time. The atonement was very well done. Will this change Ceresi - I think not?

The Dorne story was boring for me - although Robson made it quite funny. I suspect he has some antidote left for the Lannister girl and the widow wife and the Sand Snakes are to be up in front of the headmaster soon.

We never saw anything of Bron in this Series - what is he up to and can he fly yet?

Tyrion - great character, think him and his side kick (the baldie, eunuch lad) are about to win favour and become quite powerful.

So just finished watching Series 5 last night. I think that's the best Series so far. However, didn't like a couple of things in the last couple of episodes. Burning of a young lassie wasn't cool - not even for GoT. Anyway, I was just beginning to like Stanis and was hoping that Davos would take the Princess with him to Castleblack (Castlerock?). Not sure Stanis is deid and if not, the Red Priestess could be in a spot of bother now.

There were quite a few predictable parts to it also. Not that it's a bad thing - always good to know you're onto something.

Was annoyed with the "killing" of Jon Snow and didn't see that coming. Was really enjoying that storyline. I'm fairly sure he isn't deid though - the way the Whitewalker leader mannie and Snow were having a stare off suggests there more to come between them.

Daenarys getting dropped off by her dragon in the middle of nowhere and finding the Dothraki (I assume that's who they were) was all rather convenient. What was the ring she dropped as the 5,000 horse-back army managed to sneak up on her?!

Sansa and Theon - did they jump into a moat or a pile of cleared snow? Can't imagine they are dead - Sansa just beginning to find out some of her siblings are still on the go. Looking forward to Ramsay dying a rather gruesome death.....surely has to happen.

Arya - no idea what is going on there really. Don't think she is dead - would be a complete and utter waste of a storyline and character if she was.

The Sparrows (I think that's what they are called - with the ex-Bond baddie as the Head Sparrow) is a great story too. I think they've got it coming to them big time. The atonement was very well done. Will this change Ceresi - I think not?

The Dorne story was boring for me - although Robson made it quite funny. I suspect he has some antidote left for the Lannister girl and the widow wife and the Sand Snakes are to be up in front of the headmaster soon.

We never saw anything of Bron in this Series - what is he up to and can he fly yet?

Tyrion - great character, think him and his side kick (the baldie, eunuch lad) are about to win favour and become quite powerful.

Think you mean Brann. Bron is Robson Jerome's character who was in Dorne. At the end of season 4 Brann's storyline had basically caught up with the last of the books so they had to give him the series off so the rest of the storylines could all catch up! It's been confirmed that he'll be back in the next series,

Also.....

Kit Harrington has been seen several times in and around Belfast where the next series is filming and at least once with another cast member. Rumours sweeping round that he is indeed filming scenes but he could just be visiting old mates or picking up his wages....

Think you mean Brann. Bron is Robson Jerome's character who was in Dorne. At the end of season 4 Brann's storyline had basically caught up with the last of the books so they had to give him the series off so the rest of the storylines could all catch up! It's been confirmed that he'll be back in the next series,

Also.....

Kit Harrington has been seen several times in and around Belfast where the next series is filming and at least once with another cast member. Rumours sweeping round that he is indeed filming scenes but he could just be visiting old mates or picking up his wages....

You're right - I meant Brann. Thanks

I assume Kit Harrington is Jon Snow. There's way too much going on there for him to die. Amongst other things, and as already said, the whole Whitewalker stare off thing has so much potential that if they kill off Jon Snow, they've screwed up on a few levels.

You're right - I meant Brann. Thanks

I assume Kit Harrington is Jon Snow. There's way too much going on there for him to die. Amongst other things, and as already said, the whole Whitewalker stare off thing has so much potential that if they kill off Jon Snow, they've screwed up on a few levels.

I suppose in theory Jon Snow could be filming retrospective scenes because apparently they got Charles Dance in to film the one scene of him lying in state at the start of season 5, when he had those oddly amusing painted stone eyeballs sitting on his face. I refuse to believe that they would kill off Jon Snow and I suspect Melisandre's ability to bring folk back from the dead (as she did in that scene in an earlier series when Dennis Pennis was kicking about) may be relevant. She did rather conveniently head back to Castle Black once Stannis realised he was f*cked.

There's surely no way they've killed off Sansa and I suspect Danny either dropped the ring so that the Dothraki would know she wasn't formerly married to that hairy bloke from season 1 or to leave a 'calling card' in case she got captured.

In other news, I note that the bloke who plays Podrick is from my hometown of Shawlands, therefore we can add him onto the impressive list of proud fellow Shawlands-ites Jerry Sadowitz, John Martyn and Ian Brady.

Also.....

Also the movie he's apparently filming is in Northern Spain, where a confirmed location is. That location is Castillo de Zafra, which is meant to be a dead ringer for the Tower of Joy - where Lyanna was held captive by Rhaegar, adding to the R+L=J theory

I suppose in theory Jon Snow could be filming retrospective scenes because apparently they got Charles Dance in to film the one scene of him lying in state at the start of season 5, when he had those oddly amusing painted stone eyeballs sitting on his face. I refuse to believe that they would kill off Jon Snow and I suspect Melisandre's ability to bring folk back from the dead (as she did in that scene in an earlier series when Dennis Pennis was kicking about) may be relevant. She did rather conveniently head back to Castle Black once Stannis realised he was f*cked.

There's surely no way they've killed off Sansa and I suspect Danny either dropped the ring so that the Dothraki would know she wasn't formerly married to that hairy bloke from season 1 or to leave a 'calling card' in case she got captured.

In other news, I note that the bloke who plays Podrick is from my hometown of Shawlands, therefore we can add him onto the impressive list of proud fellow Shawlands-ites Jerry Sadowitz, John Martyn and Ian Brady.

Good point re John Snow. However, I maintain there's still way too much story there for him to be killed off. Whether it's Melissandre or Bobby Ewing that brings him back/performs miracle surgery, I still see him having a large part to play. Also, Sam was doing a lot of reading (under the pretense that it is related to Dragon Ice having the capability to killing Whitewalkers). Given we already knew this (and now Valarian Steel), surely he uncovers something else from his reading - like special healing powers (just as an example)?

On the Daenarys dropping of the ring question, I think you are correct - it was a wedding ring. She had just married the representative lad for the Masters (who was subsequently killed in the uprising). I assume the Dothraki bunch wouldn't have been overly impressed with her having re-married, as you say. I'm now guessing it was the wedding ring from that marriage that she binned.

Good point re John Snow. However, I maintain there's still way too much story there for him to be killed off. Whether it's Melissandre or Bobby Ewing that brings him back/performs miracle surgery, I still see him having a large part to play. Also, Sam was doing a lot of reading (under the pretense that it is related to Dragon Ice having the capability to killing Whitewalkers). Given we already knew this (and now Valarian Steel), surely he uncovers something else from his reading - like special healing powers (just as an example)?

On the Daenarys dropping of the ring question, I think you are correct - it was a wedding ring. She had just married the representative lad for the Masters (who was subsequently killed in the uprising). I assume the Dothraki bunch wouldn't have been overly impressed with her having re-married, as you say. I'm now guessing it was the wedding ring from that marriage that she binned.

Also re Dany, it could be like in Lord of the Rings, a marker for any search party. Also in Dothraki culture she is not allowed to remarry.

I definitely see Millasande doing some sort of Thoros of Myr / Dondarrion type reanimation.

This theory stands up especially in light of some character stoatin round the Riverlands in the books. (Hope I've been cryptic enough).

J

Considering the name of the series is a song of ice and fire, and jon Snow is the only character with a possibility of having stark and targaryen blood, i assume he is probably going to be OK.

Also in the books they introduced a room under the wall used as a freezer i suspect (in the books) that Melisandre will attempt to revive Jon and fail because his soul is riding ghost, or he will be put inside the aforementioned room awaiting Mellisandre and the magic will fail because it is right under the wall and that's magic.

In the show i have no idea.

Also in the books they introduced a room under the wall used as a freezer i suspect (in the books) that Melisandre will attempt to revive Jon and fail because his soul is riding ghost, or he will be put inside the aforementioned room awaiting Mellisandre and the magic will fail because it is right under the wall and that's magic.

Salt and smoke?

Salt and smoke?

there is a smoke room then spice room (salt) under the wall it's introduced in ADWD when Jon snow is making an inventory of stocks. Putting them together right underneath the wall is a conscious choice by the author i would say. What it means is more speculative though.

there is a smoke room then spice room (salt) under the wall it's introduced in ADWD when Jon snow is making an inventory of stocks. Putting them together right underneath the wall is a conscious choice by the author i would say. What it means is more speculative though.

Oak smoked bacon Jon Snow?